fordification

Aug 9, 2005
I'd even think about flying out there.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I'm all in. Party at my place for those driving south...

Hey Mitchell count me in from Atlanta.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'd like to go to Sebring too. Sebring is more historic and 12 hours is probably easier than 24. But Sebring is in the middle of nowhere and accommodations are nil. What do you think would be more fun? Daytona in January or Sebring in March?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'd like to go to Sebring too. Sebring is more historic and 12 hours is probably easier than 24. But Sebring is in the middle of nowhere and accommodations are nil. What do you think would be more fun? Daytona in January or Sebring in March?

I love Sebring, but to do it right it's a commando camping experience that's not suitable for everyone. My son was 8 when he saw his first topless woman there.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So then Sebring is more fun.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I will offer accommodations to anyone who wants to do Sebring, but still sleep in a bed. I am 65 miles...about 1:20 min (1 hr if following Sinovac) from Sebring.

East coast (N&S from Vero Beach) is a little farther, maybe 90 miles.

Last edited:

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I'm in Venice, two hours away from Sebring and can accommodate topless women.

Howard

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'm in Venice, two hours away from Sebring and can accommodate topless women.

Howard

That's perfect Howard. My 80 year old Aunt Martha has wanted to see the race at Sebring ever since she retired from her position as a correctional officer at Rikers Island. I'll give her your cell number. She can text you some pictures.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
That's perfect Howard. My 80 year old Aunt Martha has wanted to see the race at Sebring ever since she retired from her position as a correctional officer at Rikers Island. I'll give her your cell number. She can text you some pictures.

Is she single?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Booth would be cool but I think the Fan fair in the first race of 2016 racing season at Daytona and the First debut race of the GT would be more exciting and there's more to offer in Daytona as well.. ( food, hotels etc.. ) my 2 cents

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Booth would be cool but I think the Fan fair in the first race of 2016 racing season at Daytona and the First debut race of the GT would be more exciting and there's more to offer in Daytona as well.. ( food, hotels etc.. ) my 2 cents

Agree - Way more stuff in Daytona area, than Sebring, to do...

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey

No problem, Sinovac. In Venice, FL she would be the hot new chick in town.

Howard

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll probably try and go to both anyways. Sebring has some historical value on new GT program as well. It may have already been there... :wink

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'll probably try and go to both anyways. Sebring has some historical value on new GT program as well. It may have already been there... :wink
Doing Both is easy for me . The GT 40's had some good history at Daytona too! Since it's the first sports car race of any type here in the USA there seems to be more media hype. the the return of the GT will make it extra special !!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
No problem, Sinovac. In Venice, FL she would be the hot new chick in town.

Howard

She'll bring the average age down and raise the average IQ.

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008

been to both the 24 and the 12 hour. The 24 is in Daytona, just 1 hr from Orlando. Also, Daytona Rising (the $500 million renovation) will be complete for January 2016 Rolex 24.

Sebring 12hr is in the middle of no-where.

Daytona is bigger, more to do and is beautiful in late january

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006

:biggrin

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I'm in... hmmm, big question. Should I wear my Corvette or my Ford GT hat?! :)

Lance

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Can someone with Rolex 24 spectator experience give some advice on tickets? A friend told me that some types sell out early.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I can tell you as a driver.Sebring is much more fun to drive.