2006 Tungsten Ford GT - modifying

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
That's going to blind someone when you open the clamshell on a sunny day!

That's the whole idea :biggrin

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Port injection is the way to go! :thumbsup

None of the FGT methanol system I have seen have done port injection yet. I look forward to your progress reports and pictures.

Try the Modular Fords forum, they had previous threads on this being done on coras.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Chrome is so gay! What retard would do some chrome stuff in their engine bay??

:secret::secret::secret:

Last edited:

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Chrome is so gay! What retard would do some chrome stuff in their engine bay??

THAT'S BLINDING!! :eek

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Now all I need is a chrome airbox! :)

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Now all I need is a chrome airbox! :)

It would definitely add some "bling" in the dark area of the engine bay.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Don't forget to chrome the valve covers too!

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Don't forget to chrome the valve covers too!

I'm looking at getting a custom set of billet aluminum covers made instead of modifying the custom set I purchased.

I will be meeting another GT owner next week who has machine shop connections. Hopefully he can help me.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Damn! Very impressive!

Just cruised thru the thread today. I like your style! :cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I'm looking at getting a custom set of billet aluminum covers made instead of modifying the custom set I purchased.

I will be meeting another GT owner next week who has machine shop connections. Hopefully he can help me.

I mean the valve covers not just the coil covers. FRPP makes some chrome (painted) ones for the GT500, but not the FGT.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
read the whole thread...very informative

I am looking at methanol myself for the TT car so keep us updated.

One question: anyone have the dimensions of the trunk on hand? im too lazy to go outside measure. trying to figure out if the 13" x 9.5" x 7.5" tank will fit.

Last edited:

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
This is a great thread. I am totally impressed by your skills and creativity. That is definitely going to be one very special GT. Make sure you stock extra sunglasses for the engine compartment viewing audience.
Separately, your photos of the intercooler were the first time I've seen that part standalone. Pardon if this is a repeat, but it seems relatively measly in size/surface area. Has anyone studied the ability to scale up the effectiveness of that part significantly to achieve a more substantial temperature drop of the inlet air? Seems like it would be extremely valuable.

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Damn! Very impressive!

Just cruised thru the thread today. I like your style! :cheers

Thanks! :cheers

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
I mean the valve covers not just the coil covers. FRPP makes some chrome (painted) ones for the GT500, but not the FGT.

Correct...I will have a custom set of valve covers made. I am relocating the coil packs away from the engine. So I will have spark plugs running from the valve cover to the coil packs. Look like a HEMI engine! :banana

Last edited:

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
read the whole thread...very informative

I am looking at methanol myself for the TT car so keep us updated.

One question: anyone have the dimensions of the trunk on hand? im too lazy to go outside measure. trying to figure out if the 13" x 9.5" x 7.5" tank will fit.

I also plan on installing the tank in the trunk area. It will be a Snow Performance 3.5 gallon unit.

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
This is a great thread. I am totally impressed by your skills and creativity. That is definitely going to be one very special GT. Make sure you stock extra sunglasses for the engine compartment viewing audience.
Separately, your photos of the intercooler were the first time I've seen that part standalone. Pardon if this is a repeat, but it seems relatively measly in size/surface area. Has anyone studied the ability to scale up the effectiveness of that part significantly to achieve a more substantial temperature drop of the inlet air? Seems like it would be extremely valuable.

I appreciate your comments. I have seen some threads where the intercooler size was discussed. If I understand correctly it is a stout piece already. But maybe someone could confirm that.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I also plan on installing the tank in the trunk area. It will be a Snow Performance 3.5 gallon unit.

do you know how much liquid the windshield fluid reservoir holds? that is always a factory looking option.

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
do you know how much liquid the windshield fluid reservoir holds? that is always a factory looking option.

I don't know? :confused I think it is listed in the owners manual.

You could purchase a 3.5 gallon tank and tie it together with the windshield washer reservoir. That would give you lots of volume.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
GREAT THREAD!!!

Love the updates!!!!

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada