2006 No Option Yellow

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Not knocking your data but you're missing at least one.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
The data is what I received from someone that had worked at Ford and had access to the information. We are talking January of 2007, so of course there may be some differences, but it seemed pretty accurate because there were VIN numbers associated, etc. I would like for someone to actually produce for all of us the numbers of each type of car (unless the specifics really have been done). I think the information is "out there" because there are documents that can be had that talk about how many cars were made with similar options. I know that at that time (1-07) my white was listed as 1 of 136, not unique by any means. The yellow was 1 of 1. Even then I knew there were only two stripe deletes in 2006 as DC-DD indicated earlier in the postings, though his had options (as he noted).

By your avatar I am guessing you are adding a black, 2005, stripe-delete in to the numbers? Don't forget that the listing I posted was for no option cars only. The stripe delete was an option.

If that's not correct, what (car) is missing?

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...If that's not correct, what (car) is missing?

For actual facts, contact CobraJeff!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Yes, stripe delete was an option. Option 97D. No, my comment doesn't apply to the avatar.

Ralphie is right, CobraJeff is a very serious credible source. As was Quickdraw and at least one other FoMoCo personnel source back in the day.

I've learned over the years however that automobile manufacturing records are very rarely perfect.

And since it's not my no option car, I won't/can't say any more. Already said too much, I'm out.

Very best with your sale, no doubt you have a very nice, rare beautiful car.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I don't mind the comments - sharing knowledge just helps the forum.

Thanks for the good idea, I will contact CobraJeff.

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
For actual facts, contact CobraJeff!

Jeff B. at SAAC is who would have told me that my 2 option car was a
1 of 1 over the entire 2 year run of yellow cars.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I did talk with CobraJeff. He indicated that there are too many variables and the way his data set is comprised it is not feasible to search all of the unique possibilities. It does appear that there are some other 1-of-1 combinations due to options.

He did confirm though that the 1592 car is the only no option yellow car of the 2005-06 run.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Price reduced - $425K

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My 2 option yellow 2006 is also a 1 of 1 for both years according to the powers that be. I'm just bringing it up because it seems relevant here.
That car (no stripe in thread) is beautiful and of course anyone would be proud to have it.
When I inquired about my car I had no clue but that's what they told me.

Picture please!

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
6-1592

6-1592.jpg

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
The car is in Scottsdale, close to Barrett-Jackson.