2006 Ford GT Exhaust - any ideas what brand?

Vance

Dec 7, 2019
USA
Hello,
I have this 2006 Ford GT with an aftermarket exhaust that has no marking or brand name that I could see - can anyone help me determine what exhaust this might be?
Thank you in advance

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Need s little better picture to see where the pipes meet (X pipe) Jason Heffner in Florida made one, Bob Ida in the northeast made one, Rich Brooks in Detroit made one, I think someone on the west coast made one. Looks like it has been ceramic coated.

I looked it over again and now see the crossover. I cannot identify the builder but I am sure some one here can identify.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I think it looks like my Heffner...BUT hard to see the pipe joint in the middle.

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
That's a first generation Heffner exhaust.

Vance

Dec 7, 2019
USA
Thank you very much!!
Heffner X-pipe is what I thought.. much appreciated.

Here are 2 more photos showing the exhaust:

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Yes that's a first gen Heffner - if you're going to put a lot of miles on keep an eye on the joint between the flat section and where it joins the two round tubes. We have seen these crack before - later versions changed this I believe.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Yes that's a first gen Heffner - if you're going to put a lot of miles on keep an eye on the joint between the flat section and where it joins the two round tubes. We have seen these crack before - later versions changed this I believe.
Ditto on the cracks...mine has been re-welded BUT man they sound great!!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Have welded mine too....

Nice avatar, have not thought about the "GT on a stick" at Wixom in a while.