2005 GT Fuel delivery problem(s)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I would really like to purchase something that shows breakdowns such as electrical schematics, mechanical and body.

Start here.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/resource-center/ford-service-manuals-repair-information.htm

I got the mechanical on CD. I think they had electrical too but the whole site is rearranged and I don't have time to drill down.

PS. Mine is an 06 so I got the 06 CD. I've been told the 05 version has errors (maybe minor) and that the 06 is correct even for 05.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Many options on eBay. Try to score a 2006 book which contains some corrections from the 2005.

custodian

Apr 27, 2018
Thanks for the information.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I know the GT guys told me you can bypass the Fuel Pump drive modules to run the pumps, They have used this method to drain old fuel out of the tank

custodian

Apr 27, 2018
First, I would like to thank everyone that replied to the post I started with the fuel pump(s) issue. That issue has been resolved and it was a "fuel pump drive module" that was bad. I still do not understand why both pump fuses were blowing when only one module was bad.
A new issue has emerged with the correction of the issue.
Before all this began, the fuel gauge had never worked since the acquisition of the car several years ago (the car currently has 691 miles on the odometer}. Now none of the gauges are working, the check engine light is on and the vehicle will not connect to any diagnostic tool (OBD) thus making it not possible to obtain DTC's to know why the check engine light is on.
All fuses have been checked and are good. Other items on the same fuse link as the cluster such as radio, mirrors, door ajar indicator, they seem to be working correctly.
I had great help on the last issue. Now I am asking for more help on this issue.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Does the GT start? It sounds like a battery/voltage/ground problem?? Do you have a brand new, known-good battery in it? Measure voltage at the post on the alternator. If the car is starting, measure voltage once again when started from alternator. Nominally, you should see ~12.4v when not running and 13.8+ when running.

custodian

Apr 27, 2018
Yes, the car starts and seems to run ok. Voltage not running at alternator post is 12.6v, running is 14.6v.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
check engine light is on and the vehicle will not connect to any diagnostic tool (OBD) thus making it not possible to obtain DTC's to know why the check engine light is on.

Can you explain more? What devices have you tried? If car is starting and running (ECU is working) then it would seem really, really weird that you cannot connect to the ECU. (Voltages all seem good and alternator is working.)

custodian

Apr 27, 2018
Have tried a couple of OBD code readers. The main one we use connected prior to changing the FPDM. It was the one that gave me the codes I posted in the beginning of my thread. I just checked three other cars with this OBD code reader with no problem, then back to the GT, and not able to communicate. I myself do not understand why it is not reading this car, but works on others. And the fact that is has been used on this car several times in the past with no issues has me wondering if I have a ground issue somewhere. Checked all fuses again and all are still good.