2005 and 2006 Ford GT PRICES GOING UP!!!!!

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
The 05-06 GT's will stay steady or go up.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Our cars should hold their value just fine. The 2016 cars look totally different, and its "analog vs. digital" on the delivery of performance.

So, all of this correlating of the 05/06 GT pricing to the anticipated 2016 GT pricing is like saying that the 250GT Spyder California pricing is correlated to the 458 Italia Aperta. Both open topped, 2-seat Ferraris. The new one has BETTER TECHNOLOGY and is FASTER! But....so what?

At least that's my view...but we'll soon see.

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Not going to speculate on the production numbers or the price point of the new car. Going to drive my FGT today and enjoy the beauty/power/presence of this analog car. Living in the moment...

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
They will go down for a bit... Then recover.

30 on Ebay yesterday, 28 today. Thats more than double I've ever seen.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Shelby chimes in 3....2.....1........

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Whatever ! I am not selling my 05, and higher valuation only means higher insurance premiums! I only want a "crack" at obtaining the new GT at a realistic price!

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
They will go down for a bit... Then recover.

Not according to the auctions this week.
A 3,000 mile silver stripe delete sold for $352,000
A 3,000 mile heritage sold for $473,000
So I don’t see any dip…

Our 05 and 06's are unique cars and I believe the new one is so far different from our cars that it will not affect it. If anything it will bring more attention to our cars and help increase the demand. JMO

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
One thing will control it and that is availability. If they hold to the low annual production with total of 1200 vehicles, they become unobtainium, and that will help FGT prices.

I agree, supply will be the variable, as we know demand is there.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Not according to the auctions this week.
A 3,000 mile silver stripe delete sold for $352,000
A 3,000 mile heritage sold for $473,000
So I don’t see any dip…

Our 05 and 06's are unique cars and I believe the new one is so far different from our cars that it will not affect it. If anything it will bring more attention to our cars and help increase the demand. JMO

Rarely does Barrett Jackson dictate the actual market. A lot of very wealthy people, alcohol and tv camera's can be exciting and drive the pricing up.

I think the Silver was Pratt's car s/n 003 (making it special and valuable to the buyer).

~my 2 cents

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
Pratts car s/n 003 brought $500k. FYI The $352 car was a rare color and lightly equiped car which makes in more rare. Nontheless, very good day for FGT prices.

Mike

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
In the long run I think all the options or colors scarcity become less of a selling vs pricing issue. I think Heritage cars will always command a premium but I think that difference will close or at least not increase from today. There are really no bad
Colors or options. Just my opinion killing time in the Phoenix airport.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Does anyone think it will go up even more than current prices if a lot of people who were not "in tune" to the Ford GT start buying the new GT and then want to add an 05-06 to their stable? I could see a supercar collector who never even considered a Ford, buy a new GT just to fall in love with it and then want an older model. As long as we hold on to our cars, the "available" pool will be low. Does look like lots of people have come out based on eBay and more cars are for sale than a long time.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I feel that any successful addition to the lineage is a positive overall in the long term. There will probably be some short term fluctuation that will level out quickly when people see final volume and pricing. It has crossed my mind that should FMC choose to do a Gulf-themed version of the new car, people would pay astronomical sums to pair the two generations.

Clearly there have been some people scared of the potential effect PHX will have on the 05/06 cars, and it resulted in some pretty overwrought and panicked commentary in the lead up to reveal and days after.

• Ford's never gonna build a new GT
  • If they do it's gonna suck
  • Who's gonna buy it?
  • It'll be a failure at price X
  • It's not a real GT40/GT family member
  • Ford sucks for reasons X,Y,Z
  • etc, etc.

Disappointing, and informative.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
It has crossed my mind that should FMC choose to do a Gulf-themed version of the new car, people would pay astronomical sums to pair the two generations.

That's an understatement!!!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
One other possibility to consider. Since Ford is developing a "performance division". what is not to say they will continue to build a "GT" level car even after they build this one.. How many here on this forum predicted Ford would never build another GT!! If that is the case the values will stabilize on the new GT. I think our 05-06s are protected long term because the styling is closer to the 1960s GT40 and is "timeless". Also being that they are "more analogue" will help as well

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
One other possibility to consider. Since Ford is developing a "performance division". what is not to say they will continue to build a "GT" level car even after they build this one.. How many here on this forum predicted Ford would never build another GT!! If that is the case the values will stabilize on the new GT. I think our 05-06s are protected long term because the styling is closer to the 1960s GT40 and is "timeless". Also being that they are "more analogue" will help as well

I have no concrete facts to support this, but I think there is something big coming after PHX. It just makes sense given Ford's renewed commitment to performance, Ford's promise of "12 new performance cars through 2020," the gaping hole in Ford's performance lineup (i.e. no Corvette competitor), the expected introduction of the mid-engine Corvette and the effort spent on developing the FPC 5.2. I don't expect another "GT level car," rather a regular production, realistically aspirational car at a much lower price point. I believe the stars have aligned and we'll finally see a car from Ford to go head-to-head with the Corvette.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
05 GT for Centennial. New GT for 50th of 1-2-3.

Ford is fond of major anniversaries.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Watch out for 2018. 60th anniversary of the Edsel.

Last edited:

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I have no concrete facts to support this, but I think there is something big coming after PHX. It just makes sense given Ford's renewed commitment to performance, Ford's promise of "12 new performance cars through 2020," the gaping hole in Ford's performance lineup (i.e. no Corvette competitor), the expected introduction of the mid-engine Corvette and the effort spent on developing the FPC 5.2. I don't expect another "GT level car," rather a regular production, realistically aspirational car at a much lower price point. I believe the stars have aligned and we'll finally see a car from Ford to go head-to-head with the Corvette.

Is there any thought of Ford doing what McLaren has done (12C, 650, P13 and P1) with the GT (GT2.0, GT2.1, GT2.2...) and continue to build the new GT indefinitely with new upgrades as a standard model?

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How many here on this forum predicted Ford would never build another GT!!

As I recall, 'back-in-the-day' Ford itself "predicted" there'd be no more FGTs, did it not? Hence the mere mortals who made same "prediction" were simply repeating what was supposedly a known 'fact' rather than gazing into crystal balls.

After all, "If you can't trust your car dealer ('maker' in this case), who can you trust?" - Dick Balch (Chevy dealer in Federal Way, Wa..... late '60s/early '70s)

Last edited: