2005-06 Ford GT chassis group buy

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Ford recently released 50 Ford GT chassis's to ford racing to liquidate some inventory as they have 93 in stock total. You can buy them from a ford racing dealer for about 21-22K a piece.

I sent in an offer and was approved to buy 10 of them at $15000.00 a piece. Being they approved this one time buy, they also offered it to anyone willing to buy 10 ford GT chassis and that email was sent to ford racing dealers today. This is a smoken deal for a Ford GT chassis. I am compiling a list of people who would like to take up this opportunity to buy at a pennies on the dollar price. Collector, repair person's or a GT guy wanting a something cool to hang from his rafters for 20 years.

I need two of them. I'm not looking to make any money on the deal. Just would like to take advantage of the price break in a quantity of 10.

You will just need someone with a fork lift to unload one at your place.

Anyone has any questions feel free to pm me.
Dan

1. BMF
  2. lance miller
  3. Mark H M2k
  4. Spartan
  5. gtoy
  6. Spartan
  7. Jim Dunham
  8. Rich brook x4
  9. Fyr-ftr gt x2
  10. 06fordgt
  11. bmf
  12. amv

Last edited:

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Wow, that is a smoking deal. I'm tempted to build a track car but will have a hard time sourcing the rest of the body panels. Is anyone making glass body panels for racing? I might do this.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
its days like this I wish I had a shop.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Will Ford handle the delivery through local dealerships? Is delivery included, or additional? Thanks for posting up this opportunity.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
same question.. :)

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Will Ford handle the delivery through local dealerships? Is delivery included, or additional? Thanks for posting up this opportunity.

FREE FREIGHT!!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Are most warehouse forklifts capable of handling a 1,800 lb total gross chassis crate box (with chassis inside)?

Can a Fork Lift typically carry the box from the narrow width end and take it through a 9 foot wide roll up door, or does the Fork Lift have to carry the crate from the middle of the long side (15 foot box)?

Apologies in advance for my lack of Fork Lift knowledge, just trying to assess if I can effectively manage the delivery.

Last edited:

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Forklifts are rated by capacity. The lower capacity are 3000lbs so it’s not a problem to move around. Easy to do as warehouse drivers do this everyday all day long

They will drive in the rear of the truck with long extension forks. Lift and back up. I doubt delivery will be shipped in a flatbed as they cost way more that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pantera1889

Dec 24, 2006
Hampstead,Md
Wow, that is a smoking deal. I'm tempted to build a track car but will have a hard time sourcing the rest of the body panels. Is anyone making glass body panels for racing? I might do this.

H-Craft in Georgia can supply body parts with the ALMS GT body shape.

Ron

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
H-Craft in Georgia can supply body parts with the ALMS GT body shape.

Ron

Thanks Ron. I spoke to H. He may buy a chassis with from our group buy. His CF bodies are $100,000. He made the Robertson cars.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Thanks Ron. I spoke to H. He may buy a chassis with from our group buy. His CF bodies are $100,000. He made the Robertson cars.

RCR make fiberglass bodies with moulds pulled from the Robertson racing cars. Don’t know if he’d sell you just the body (it’s normally a full kit) and the quality isn’t fantastic, but it would be a lot less than $100k

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
RCR make fiberglass bodies with moulds pulled from the Robertson racing cars. Don’t know if he’d sell you just the body (it’s normally a full kit) and the quality isn’t fantastic, but it would be a lot less than $100k

So can I... We own all the tooling from the preproduction cars. We also make a Carbon fiber bolt on hood, one piece roof skin and clambshell.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I am in :willy

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
I might be in for a few. Is this shipped to my door or yours? Will we have to come to MN to pick them up? Usually when we buy frames they will only ship to the person that bought them.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I might be in for a few. Is this shipped to my door or yours? Will we have to come to MN to pick them up? Usually when we buy frames they will only ship to the person that bought them.

I’m hoping we can pick them up from Michigan.

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
I ordered mine thru Leo Capaldi Racing last week here in Michigan - well before I knew about this group buy (oh well). Shipping is free and to your address you specify but you have to have a forklift or equivalent to be able to handle a very large wood crate off their truck. I am having mine delivered to Leo's shop and then I'll go pick it up with my enclosed trailer where his guys can help me. no difference in price so it will be nice to have help moving it.
Not to be a buzz kill guys but if you plan to build a car from parts or even a race car - it will cost you way more in parts and trouble than buying a used Ford GT. If it's a spare, for a rebuild, or just artwork.... it's a smokin' deal for sure.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I am in :willy

I can store it for a while for you Mathias!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

Shipped to you! if there are a few guys in mi maybe we can get them all shipped to the same place. You definitely stand to make out good on these being you repair cars.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
dam I wouldn't mind having one of those either.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Thanks for the offer Dan. It was a joke regarding the free shipping. I‘d love to buy it and wrench it to the top of my living room but it would be living proof for Susanne that I am getting nuts :willy