08 Gt500

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
What are these going for right now on average new? MSRP ? Or are they still getting hammered by the dealers with 10-20k markups ?

PNicholson

What are these going for right now on average new? MSRP ? Or are they still getting hammered by the dealers with 10-20k markups ?

Hey there,

You can find them at MSRP - sometimes. ADM is still there though - usually around 5K

Page

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Anyone should be able to find one at 5k now and msrp is becoming more commonplace. If you are seriously looking, check out www.stangsunleashed.com. Many dealers and members post vehicles there ranging from 10k over to msrp. Just a matter of what color you are looking for and how far you are willing to have it shipped or pick it up from. Good Luck.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Just visited a SoCal Ford dealer on Friday and they had a 2008 GT500 (blue and white stripes) priced at $62,000. They also had a Saleen-Parnelli Jones Edition priced at $67,000. Prices only mind you....not sales.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
TY

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
I have seen a handful of MSRP deals lately that no one is jumping on. I think the market for these cars has really slowed down. I wouldnt pay a penny over sticker

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
I have seen a handful of MSRP deals lately that no one is jumping on. I think the market for these cars has really slowed down. I wouldnt pay a penny over sticker

Ture enough. Most of the cars I have seen have been Vapor colored. Does not seem to be a big seller. If you are open to color and options it should not be difficult to find a car for msrp. If you are wanting a specific color and options, or wish to order a car an ADM of 5k or less may be a reality.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
great example of supply and demand market economics.

easy to compare with the FGT. I entered into a contract in 2002 for my FGT at $15k over msrp. When the first few cars came off the line some folks paid well over $100k over msrp. Then there was a period when folks where getting their FGT's for $10k off window.
No reason to comment where the FGT market is today, we all know that.

The GT500's will be produced in the tens of thousands. Folks that feel they are buying an investment car will learn in time, that they made a mistake. Not knocking the car, just the numbers built make it anyting but rare and collectable.

PNicholson

The GT500's will be produced in the tens of thousands. Folks that feel they are buying an investment car will learn in time, that they made a mistake. Not knocking the car, just the numbers built make it anyting but rare and collectable.

Hey there,

Only "rare" in terms of number of them built compared to the regular Mustangs. Roughly 8,000 GT500's for 2007 (at least another 8,000 for '08) - compared to nearly 130,000 other Mustangs. You are right though - I dont see the GT500 ever being the collectable car that past Shelby's have been. WAY to many being built.

Page

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Anyone know when Ford will confirm that there will be 09s?

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
We have still been selling the GT500 alittle over sticker, but not like when the first ones just got in. I think the first few went about 20,00 over. I have seen them on ebay right at sticker price. by the way BONY we sold our first FGT for over $300,000

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
What is, is...
The free market system works.
I love our system!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
And I love jump rope!! :banana:banana:banana

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The Mustang has become Ford's horse, and they will ride it until it's lame or dead. Shelby is finally getting his due and the wealth that he so richly deserves. There are Shelby editions of even the inexpensive ones, plus GT500's, KR's and SuperSnakes. The 350 can't be far away. Then there are Bullet's, Saleen's, Rousch's, Parnelli Jones' and certainly others I've missed, and more to come. For the past few years the Mustang has been the best fit for people who want a cool, affordable, high performance, American Muscle Sports Car. It's something the Asians can't compete with. GM and Mopar have caught on and will be joining the foray. It's a very deep market that is showing signs of becoming saturated. Most people have paid above msrp because they were willing to do so. If no one was willing to pay msrp for a particular vehicle, everyone would be able to buy that vehicle for less than msrp, although this could never happen in the real World. However, people who refuse to pay above msrp are also driving those cars. A few months ago, I passed up the opportunity to order an '08 GT500 at msrp when I found the high HP SuperSnake upgrade would not be available for the convertible. I purchased one of the very 1st '07 Z06's in July 2006 at the 2006 msrp because the Vette left the factory before the '07 window stickers were printed. That price was a few thousand below what the sticker would have been. The first Ford GT I purchased in Oct '05 had a sign on the window that read "295,000". I didn't know the dealer, but only paid msrp. I recently walked away from a Jeep dealer because he wouldn't beat a New Jersey internet offering on an '08 Jeep SRT8. Since then 2 other people and the General Mgr have called and offered what they originally rejected. If you don't want to pay over msrp, get resourceful. If you are not a good negotiator, get a friend to help you. Good negotiators love to negotiate with car dealers because, surprisingly, car dealers are typically very poor negotiators. :cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow, Kirby, you and I need to go looking for chicks together in Vegas! What a negotiating pair we make!

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
What's going on here? Vegas? What? I'm in :thumbsup