05 GT on MSO at Mecum Auction

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
I think the recent market run up is destined for a fall and profit taking very soon , just like it does every few months , you get your hope up abouit the markets and then they are crushed by huge sell offs

I dont think the GTs are compariable to this as they are a tangeable asset and good clean low mile cars are becoming harder to find as previously noted on this forum , I would think that based on the supply and demand factor the GT prices should remain solid for the future unless there is a complete global financial crisis which seems more probable

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Estimates on the Mecum site is between 200-250k on this car...and there's a 427 Cobra expected to take between 650-750k as well. Wonder why so little for the Cobra...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Coming through in 10 minutes. pe2unia is there and will text me the result. *looks like they are running behind*

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Best looking car there! Looks good on TV. Hammer at $220k. Fee is another $13-14k I think, so $230k+.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
$220,000. Strong money + bidders premium! Not too shabby.

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
The GT just sold for $220,000 plus fees.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Strong $ as anticipated.

Wonder how many sellers wish they had held.

Suppose it depends on why they sold, what they bought, etc.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
What are the seller and bidder fees at Mecum?

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
What are the seller and bidder fees at Mecum?

6% ... buyer and seller

usmcfred

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
So buyer pays 233,200 and seller takes home $206,800. Those are low fees compared to BJ. However, I think the seller could have done better on his own or with a consignor.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
The guy looked like, "you know I might pay more if you get rid of this moron next to me screaming, SOLD SOLD SOLD."

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
$41k for the 427 Tiger. Probably 1/2 the build cost.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
White is contnuing to fetch good dollars , I like it

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Always a lot of new buyers at Mecum Auctions I've been to. Totally different than BJ Auctions where Very Rich Crazies challenge each other with big bucks and alcohol. I think Mecum is closer to a real marker situation than BJ. Dana Mecum will negociate fee to the seller (1-2%) if needed to sell the car. Even with reserve sales they sell usually 78-87% of total cars. Dana works off the averages and does very well. Thats my 2 cents. I like seeing white GT's bringing top money and this is top money in my book. Tomy

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Definitely looked less like a circus on TV.

That GT looked damn hot rolling across the block. Man what a beautiful car.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Interesting that the six year old GT outsold the new Mclaren by $20,000. It would be interesting to get Shelby's (Elite Auto) take on this as he sells both cars...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Interesting that the six year old GT outsold the new Mclaren by $20,000. It would be interesting to get Shelby's (Elite Auto) take on this as he sells both cars...

You can find MP4-12Cs on dealer lots brand new asking $30-60k under sticker. Now that they have reached the secondary market and are being advertised on eBay you see them listed anywhere between $200k-$250k. Ferrari San Francisco has a $267k silver car that looks really nice asking $207k with 700 miles. Needless to say, McLaren haven't done a great job with their sales and marketing approach. That car is so good it shouldn't be discounted.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That GT looked damn hot rolling across the block. Man what a beautiful car.

I honestly believe it is the most beautiful car made in 45+ years. Other than my Cobra, nothing is as pleasing to my eyes.

As for the Mclarens, my local dealer has them stacked to the rafters. I believe they are going to do an AMG impression in the secondary market.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
That car likely would have brought that ($206k) selling it online. Taking it to something like Mecum, in my opinion, bought the seller NOTHING. I have watched GTs go through these types of auctions for years and very rarely see one bring more than it would on the normal market. The buyer ended up paying MORE and the seller got same, if not a little less than if they had sold it themselves. In my opinion, AUCTION is not the place for a regular Ford GT at this time.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
In my opinion, AUCTION is not the place for a regular Ford GT at this time.

I'm an idiot when it comes to stuff like this, I'll admit that up front. Yet isn't ebay an AUCTION site? Just without the pomp and circumstance like Mecum that might attract buyers.

Who cares? Buyer and seller and somebody else are happy, like with most non owner/buyer direct transactions.