05 and 06 mud flaps

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I have a set that I’ve been meaning to get around to installing. Since I recently moved to a house that’s a quarter mile up a gravel road, I really want to install them now. So give me some additional hints on how to do it.

Rears held in by double stick tape only, correct? Any alignment issues?

fronts held on by double stick tape, one push pin and several screws? The instructions from Stillen aren’t very descriptive of where to drill the screws. Or did you just leave those out?
Thanks in advance.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I did not drill and screw. Maybe I want "off script" I just do not remember. There is an OEM push fastener for the front. There is also tape for the front. Rears, again been a while, but, the memory says that due to the curvature, and the edge of the fender, the rears landed just in one spot.

Reactions: extrap

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Hi Specracer. Do you have a pic from more of a distance? Curious to see them from further back.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I dont.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
The front flaps are a must have......Don’t be surprised if the rear flaps don't follow the contour of the fender though. No amount of tape or adhesive would work as mine are way off and after several installation attempts are back on the shelf. (If they would fit I would definitely install them)
Although I’m not required to travel on gravel my car has protective film on the rear fenders and that has kept them blemish free. I would definitely be installing the front flaps though.....the film on my rockers is quite pitted.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Hi Specracer. Do you have a pic from more of a distance? Curious to see them from further back.

Here are pix I found on the 'net of Rich Brooks' GT with splash guards:
The_GT_Guys_Ford_GT_32.jpg

The_GT_Guys_Ford_GT_30.jpg

The_GT_Guys_Ford_GT_36.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mule Air

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Trust us! They are a must have!
You will never notice them. Very well designed

Reactions: Mule Air

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yep those are them, and the show up better than on our black car.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
View attachment 62706

View attachment 62707

View attachment 62708
If I do exhaust this is what I'd want. Who's is it and what does it consist of?

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Awesome. Thank you! Hard to notice if you aren't looking for them. I will order them.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
With respect to the rears,I did not apply the two sided tape. I used very small black screw and tapped into the rear wheel well covers. I was afraid the two sided tape over the years could cure into the paint and cause
peeling.

Attachments

• DEB5E7F6-D48A-4598-96A9-51AF456BB551.jpeg
    DEB5E7F6-D48A-4598-96A9-51AF456BB551.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
the two sided tape over the years could cure into the paint

That is exactly why mine are still sitting in the shipping box. I am a bit afraid to tape stuff to the paint, petroleum based adhesive, I assume.