05/06 GT or 2017-21 GT

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Are you driving alone or do you have a passenger? You can fit a lot of stuff behind the seat backs. Also on the passenger floor under the legs. The front trunk gets very hot so be careful what you pack there. Helmet makes it very hard to pack. There is no real luggage to buy. Courier bags work well and are softsided. No cosmetics in the trunk. Shoes work well in the trunk. Since I travel alone, I usually pack a small folding chair. I also pack a torque wrench, a screwdriver set and a small ratchet set. Tire guage. Make sure AC is up to snuff. Be careful of what you pack next to glass on firewall. Nothing hard or that will rattle. Larson and Ralphie used to just buy cheap clothes along the way and then pitch them. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Gary and 2112

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Ski boot bags fit perfectly behind the seats. Per Mark mcGs recommendation don’t use a bag in the frunk, just pack your clothes directly in- it’s amazing how much stuff you can fit

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I have plans to drive my 06 to Arizona from Florida for the rally in October, can you share any info on the custom luggage you had made???

You really need some input here from Mr. Mark McGowan our esteemed FGT Vehicle Dynamics savant and resident Ford track driver. He and his wife have driven their 05 GT to many of our rallies all over the country. They know every “nook and cranny” of their car for packing purposes (for TWO people). Give Mark a PM.

The two of them showed up here for the Indy race this year. The car was unloaded and while the wives stayed home and sipped mint juleps, the guys were shortly out on a local racetrack with Mark leading the way around the track in his GT. So it can be done.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I have plans to drive my 06 to Arizona from Florida for the rally in October, can you share any info on the custom luggage you had made???

Hello tgilbert.

Here is the link to the Forum of the European Ford GT Owners Club, where I explain in English and French, in two successive posts, how I designed and manufactured this luggage.

https://forum-auto.caradisiac.com/t...l-in-ford-gt-bagages-pour-voyager-en-ford-gt/

I hope you can read them and that they are useful to you.
If the link doesn't work, let me know so I can notify you in another way.

Best Regards.

large.IMG_0572.jpg.49e874260f744fd7f4342d9037d46df0.jpg

large.IMG_0573.jpg.03c13a3d2fb3ba442de8eeacb1f7200f.jpg

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Hello tgilbert.

Here is the link to the Forum of the European Ford GT Owners Club, where I explain in English and French, in two successive posts, how I designed and manufactured this luggage.

https://forum-auto.caradisiac.com/t...l-in-ford-gt-bagages-pour-voyager-en-ford-gt/

Best Regards.

View attachment 63802

View attachment 63803
I'll take a set please.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I'm interested in finding out from Saint Ho or anyone one else about custom luggage for fitment behind the seats of the 05/06 GT's.

For custom fitted luggage in my '06, and I don't mean this facetiously, I used suction cup hanging clips mounted to the engine compartment divider glass. Then folded dress shirts, jacket, and polo behind the seats. Duffle of soft goods in the trunk. Heat sensitive items in a small bag in front of the passenger seat and under passenger's legs.

Planning to drive the Heritage to AZ for the Rally and I guess it's time to figure out a solution.

Reactions: BM SoCal

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I'll take a set please.

Hello GT@50

Thank you for your interest.

Being a simple enthusiast, neither manufacturer, nor trader, I can not help you more, and not provide you with this baggage.

The second part of the post to which the link gives you access, details the reference of the basic suitcase that I used, and the modifications that I made myself.
If this basic suitcase is not available in the US, you should be able to find something similar.

With these explanations and these photos, some European handymen and patients, have succeeded in the same operation.

I wish you to travel with your 2005, as comfortably as I do.

Best regards.

Reactions: GT@50

tgilbert

GT Owner
Feb 25, 2012
Tampa
I'll take a set please.
Hello GT@50

Thank you for your interest.

Being a simple enthusiast, neither manufacturer, nor trader, I can not help you more, and not provide you with this baggage.

The second part of the post to which the link gives you access, details the reference of the basic suitcase that I used, and the modifications that I made myself.
If this basic suitcase is not available in the US, you should be able to find something similar.

With these explanations and these photos, some European handymen and patients, have succeeded in the same operation.

I wish you to travel with your 2005, as comfortably as I do.

Best regards.
Hello tgilbert.

Best Regards.

View attachment 63802

View attachment 63803
Hello Saint Ho,

Thanks for sharing the information and the pictures. I did go onto the site but I can't read French so I'm doing my best to capture the infomation to see if I can order something.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hello Saint Ho,

Thanks for sharing the information and the pictures. I did go onto the site but I can't read French so I'm doing my best to capture the infomation to see if I can order something.

If I can help you, contact me by mail at : european.ford.gt.owners.club@gmail.com

Best regards.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Thank all above for their posts! I have been lusting for a NFGT since day one. Unfortunately I wasn't one of the "Chosen Ones". I would be all over one at list price but the second hand market prices sour me a bit. I absolutely love my 05 and just about every time I drive it, I call my son and say " Guess what son? I am driving a Ford GT!!" After seeing how many dual owners said they prefer their older model, I feel much better about missing out. I would still love to own one or at least take a ride in one. Anyone live in central Florida up for a Make-a-Wish come true for me???
What part of Central Floirida???

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
I live in Tampa

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Side by side at a car show my ‘21 model will draw more attention and win more trophies every time. It’s an amazing piece of engineering and design and I’ll probably never sell it. I still feel proud and honored to have been chosen to own one. But it’s a race car modified for the street. My ‘06 is easier to enter and exit, it’s smaller so it’s easier to maneuver in tight spaces, the seat is more comfortable, it has a proper V-8 that makes much better sounds, is slightly more practical to road trip in, the 6 speed is more engaging and fun, and it’s easier to work on and cheaper to maintain.
Luckily I don’t have to choose but if I were a first time buyer, I’d definitely go with an ‘05-‘06 model first and enjoy it while waiting for the new models to drop in price (good luck with that!)😃

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wow, I was just taking a second look at the luggage, and they fit behind the seats! Brilliant. Hoping we get something like this readily available in the US. If anyone picks up a set, please keep us posted.

First time around, I glanced and thought, those look nice, but what use are they. Haha. I didn't realize they had been cleverly designed to fit behind the seats!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Getting my NFGT wrapped as we speak. Ain't we lucky.

Reactions: roketman

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Gen 1 mach II 427 all the way for me.
I like the old Raw stuff. Even if it is a remake still feels and does the same thing. I still feel more comfortable in the 06 than the new car but it's a little closer to the original but a better streetcar then the original race car by far. The new car is like a dream, a little over my head I guess.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Getting my NFGT wrapped as we speak. Ain't we lucky.
We sure are!!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Wrap complete. Drove for the first time today. love the sound and the feel of the tranny. Hard to restrain my right foot but I did.

Reactions: GTMD

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Steering wheel GT.jpgGoing straight. notice steering wheel.

Last edited: