ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Last January we had two very enjoyable gatherings of Ford GT owners during the Barrett Jackson auto auction. I would be happy to put it together for this year's gala event as well if there is any interest. The Barrett Jackson auction dates this year are January 13th (Sun.) to the 20th (Sun.). Last year we had dinner at Don and Charlie's on Wednesday night (39 attendees and 14 GTs were there) and at the El Charro Lodge on Thursday night (30 attendees and 12 GTs in attendance). Those two establishments work out well as the food is excellent, the owners are longtime friends of mine and most accommodating, and secure parking can be arranged for those owners driving their GTs. We did not have dinners on Friday or Saturday night as those are the two most exciting nights to be at the auction bidding with your fellow high rollers. Veronica, Charley, and I had a blast last year. :banana:banana:banana Do we have many GT owners attending Barrett Jackson this year and is there any interest in a GT Forum "Rally at the Auction"??

Chip

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Get it on! I called Bony yesterday and asked if there was any interest. Sue and I will be there arriving on Wed and leaving on Sunday. Count us in. Tomy Hamon

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
I am in...w/the GT.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hell Yes!!
Thanks Charlie, Veronica and Chipper!! :)

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks, Chip. It was a great time last year. I'm not arriving until Wed pm, but if you do it on Thurs or Fri, count me in.

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
Are we considering the Palm Beach Fla. Barrett Jackson in March. I plan to attend that event and would love to get a group together as well.

regarads,

dino

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Let us know the dates and we'll be there. :banana

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Last year we had dinner at Don and Charlie's on Wednesday night (39 attendees and 14 GTs were there) and at the El Charro Lodge on Thursday night (30 attendees and 12 GTs in attendance).

And a sh_t load of rain. That's why there were 12 for the second dinner instead of 14 - we saw it coming :biggrin

And you ask, any interest? Are you kidding.

We're in of course.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I am in!
dance011.gif

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Were off and running!!

Wow! That's the ticket! :banana:banana This instant and enthusiastic response indicates that if you live within 1000 miles of Scottsdale and you miss this event, your life will be ruined. :biggrin It's only been 12 hours since my initial post and we already have nearly half the number of participants that made the scene at last year's BJ-GT dinner. I am especially thrilled that our Forums fearless leader, DBK, and his even more fearless moderator, Daniel(AKA Bony) will again be joining us this year. Like last year, Wednsdays dinner will be at Don & Charlies, Thursdays dinner at El Chorro, both at 7 PM. Here's the list so far, please correct me if I have the number in your party wrong.

DBK-2
Bony-1
ChipBeck-5
Tomy Hamon-2
Lthlvpr-1
Kirby Vieira-1
AZGT-5
Jason's Auto Spa-1 city

Chip

Last edited:

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
If I can manage a day off in the middle of the week, I'm happy to say, I'll be there.

Best Regards,
Waldo

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I'm bringing an entire city with me??

I'll just bring everyone from Monowi, Nebraska.

I don't think I'll be in town coincidentally, I'll have to fly in for this event. Surely there are a few dirty cars in Scottsdale to offset my plane ticket :rofl Oh and the dinner bill, furgghet 'bout it...
eatdrink023.gif

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Waldo aka as Jason... is drinking and eatting on me... what a honor to have our very best with us.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
My Dad and I will be there! :thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
23 so far!

Running way ahead of last year's pace, 23 attendees in this post's first 24 hours. Keep them coming! :cheers

Chip

DBK-2
Bony-1
ChipBeck-5
Tomy Hamon-2
Lthlvpr-1
Kirby Vieira-1
AZGT-5
Jason's Auto Spa-1
Waldo-1
Team Jeff-2
Fyr-FtrGT-2

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Waldo aka as Jason... is drinking and eatting on me... what a honor to have our very best with us.

Daniel,
You're too kind. To say I'm looking forward to January is an understatement.

Best Regards,
jason

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hello Jason,
I do hope you bring her son,... is he old enough to appreciate B-J. I will let you have my guest pass for B-J and a guest pass for RUSSO & STEELE.
Our company policy is that if any employee sees in a restaurant servicemen and women in uniform we pick up their checks.
God Bless all our servicemen-women, our Veterans and AMERICA,
DANIEL

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Hello Jason,
I do hope you bring her son,... is he old enough to appreciate B-J. I will let you have my guest pass for B-J and a guest pass for RUSSO & STEELE.
Our company policy is that if any employee sees in a restaurant servicemen and women in uniform we pick up their checks.
God Bless all our servicemen-women, our Veterans and AMERICA,
DANIEL

Before my son was two years old, we had looked through so many car magazines together, he could walk through any parking lot and tell you the make of any car. By age four, he had to have his own car magazines. Now that he's five, he watches The Speed Channel as often as his mother will let him. He and his three year old sister race for "Pinks" in our living room. During my last trip home, he asked me if I would watch the "Barrett-Jackson Show" with him on The Speed Channel. Going to Barrett-Jackson would probably be the ultimate experience for him.

Best Regards,
Jason

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Going to Barrett-Jackson would probably be the ultimate experience for him.

Be sure you take ear protection for the lil' guy, Jason ('yourself too for that matter!). That place can/does get really loud as I remember.:willy

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Chip, Sign me up for two. Thanks Buddy. :cheers:cheers:thumbsup:thumbsup