Looking for a low mileage GT

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Can I leave the optima red top without charging it? Ctek aint working. Stuck at 3rd stage (bulk charging) for 8 hours. Since agms dont leak, can I leave it and change battery when needed?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Why not get a replacement battery? It is easier that stressing about your overworked cTek.

Reactions: twobjshelbys

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Maybe a fellow FGT owner in your area of Michigan could swing by and lend you a hand in doing this swap?

If you were out here in our area, one of us would do that for you.

Reactions: drilling

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Totally unrelated but I was thinking what if someone put a ferrari v12 from 812 superfast or a v8 from 458 into a ford gt. That would be a pretty cool blasphemy.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I think it would be more fun repowering a Ferrari with a Kaase Boss 9 engine.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Can I install by own pigtail to the Ford GT? I am wondering if i can connect the 2 o ring on to the battery terminal and plug it into the trickle charger when needed. What do you guys think?

Or is it just better to use the center console 12v?

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
O ring on the top left corner

Attachments

• 1E47B7CF-D96D-489F-BAEE-78F53EAB57BA.jpeg
    1E47B7CF-D96D-489F-BAEE-78F53EAB57BA.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 4

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Can I install by own pigtail to the Ford GT? I am wondering if i can connect the 2 o ring on to the battery terminal and plug it into the trickle charger when needed. What do you guys think?

Yes, that's exactly what many, many GT owners do, and the GT Guy also does it: Connect the battery tender's O-rings directly to the battery, run the other end out the front of the car at the tow hook area, and zip tie it in place there. Every time I get home step 1 is to plug the car back in. I drive it often, but never know for sure how long it might be before the next time.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Yes, but getting one long enough to reach through the front might be a challenge. Someone here sells such a kit.

I had to split the rings to get it over the bolt on the battery cable.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Thank you! I plan to split the ring too.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yes, but getting one long enough to reach through the front might be a challenge. Someone here sells such a kit.

I had to split the rings to get it over the bolt on the battery cable.

Here’s one

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Where do i put the ring?

Attachments

• 18775421-7507-4710-9E07-D3FA8730D97C.jpeg
    18775421-7507-4710-9E07-D3FA8730D97C.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 18

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Just like in the picture

I upgraded my ring terminal to a stronger copper coated metal, the cheap aluminum ends tend to only last one clamping session.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Just like in the picture

I upgraded my ring terminal to a stronger copper coated metal, the cheap aluminum ends tend to only last one clamping session.

So unscrew that hex a little, shove in the ring then tighten it? What size of wrench should I use?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
So unscrew that hex a little, shove in the ring then tighten it? What size of wrench should I use?

If your wire terminal is open ended, yes. If it is a ring, take the nut and washer off (or better yet, sandwich between 2 washers) and put them back on over the ring.

The hex is 8mm If I recall. if not, 10mm

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
If your wire terminal is open ended, yes. If it is a ring, take the nut and washer off (or better yet, sandwich between 2 washers) and put them back on over the ring.

The hex is 8mm If I recall. if not, 10mm
So unscrew it, get two washers and sandwich the ring in between? Then screw it back?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
@drilling You're scarin' me, man! Don't blow yourself up! Let us know if you want safe step by step instructions.

Reactions: QuickSilverShelby

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
@drilling You're scarin' me, man! Don't blow yourself up! Let us know if you want safe step by step instructions.
Give me step by step instructions!!! I am usually not the type of guy to do diy on cars!! 😭

Tomcat

GT Owner
I run my O-ring plug out the passenger side radiator relief/duck in the front bonnet.