Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yes and Yes, and thanks for updating my power steering hose Rich!

Reactions: GT Tech

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Yes and Yes, and thanks for updating my power steering hose Rich!
I need to back out your way. I had been planing a trip that way this month, but the wife had a bad fall and is bed ridden so I'm grounded for a while. Stay safe my friend. See you in the spring. And thanks for the pin. It looks good in my prized collections.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I wonder if the cars running the 5% lower profile rubber + Ohlins suspension upgrade automatically have an unofficial "track" setup?
We need Scott to chime in.

Hooked

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I spent 5 hours yesterday cleaning the wheels (fully off the car) then cleaning the interior top to bottom. Its clean now!

Reactions: dshears and 2112

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I spent 5 hours yesterday cleaning the wheels (fully off the car) then cleaning the interior top to bottom. Its clean now!
Bring it on over Jason - the road to my house is full of fresh oil and sand!

Reactions: Gene Cassone

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Hoping to possibly see this in the background photos of one of forum members garages! Fess up. Who was lucky and splurged on this gem?

Reactions: dreimer

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hoping to possibly see this in the background photos of one of forum members garages! Fess up. Who was lucky and splurged on this gem?

$37,760!!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wow!

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I was at the auction and saw this in the road art area, it was near where the cars were lining up to cross the block. At first I was confused how to get in, but then I realized the whole body flips up.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I need to back out your way. I had been planing a trip that way this month, but the wife had a bad fall and is bed ridden so I'm grounded for a while. Stay safe my friend. See you in the spring. And thanks for the pin. It looks good in my prized collections.

Oh no! Hoping for a smooth and quick recovery for your wife. Glad you could add the GT007 pin to your collections! Looking forward to seeing you in Spring when you come out here next.

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
Making a titanium exhaust for the FGT and hit the dyno today for a baseline. Will keep the thread updated.

Reactions: 2112 and GT@50

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Making a titanium exhaust for the FGT and hit the dyno today for a baseline. Will keep the thread updated.

Some pretty stout baseline numbers, I saw. Must have a Whipple?

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Oh no! Hoping for a smooth and quick recovery for your wife. Glad you could add the GT007 pin to your collections! Looking forward to seeing you in Spring when you come out here next.
Slow the roll, Rich needs to come to Texas next (after his wife recovers, and we all hope she is seeing some improvement).

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White

If you watch the old movie "Le Mans" with Steve McQueen there is a shot of the infield, and it appears there is a kiddy ride with some of the GT 40s.

Reactions: analogdesigner

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
I wonder if the cars running the 5% lower profile rubber + Ohlins suspension upgrade automatically have an unofficial "track" setup?
We need Scott to chime in.

Hooked
Ha! depends on the track. Lower profile Sport Cup 2's would be better at most places, but your rough Sebring it is tough to say. Our custom Gen 2 Ahlman Performance Stage II Ohlins TTX's for the FGT were finalized on the bigger sidewall Bridgestones. And we call them Stage II as it is still biased to the road, but capable at the track. However, Sebring benefits from this road biased setup due to the large bumps in T1 and T17.

The Girodiscs and your Pagid pads are good for the track.

Honestly a big issue for pushing hard at the track is cooling. I think Accufab and John Mihovetz has found the issue and has a solution for anyone who has run out of cooling at altitude on a hot day...like at Miller Motorsports Park. McGowan and I had to short shift there.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, you two are a couple of short shifters alright.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I got to 230+degrees at Utah too. I gave the engine and brakes a chance to cool off by not standing on the gas all the way down the straight.

Reactions: sahlman

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
Some pretty stout baseline numbers, I saw. Must have a Whipple?
stock s/c but I think it is maxed out. 2.5" snout pulley, ATI 7.25" crank pulley (weighs 10lbs less than stock), aFe filters and Torrie tune. I think the crank pulley did quite a bit more work than expected.

Reactions: DakotaGT

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
stock s/c but I think it is maxed out. 2.5" snout pulley, ATI 7.25" crank pulley (weighs 10lbs less than stock), aFe filters and Torrie tune. I think the crank pulley did quite a bit more work than expected.

Wow, that's a big number (720 whp, for those wondering) for a stock blower (other than sc/tt setups). Yes, seems that the crank pulley must add quite a bit. I think that's about the most power I've heard of on a stock blower. Probably had some good winter air, and maybe a dyno that's a tad on the generous side?

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Yeah, you two are a couple of short shifters alright.
lol...Dr. Frank you're a peach