St Augustine, Florida

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
OH MY GOD :eek

Was that joe's car that almost whacked you???

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
OH MY GOD :eek

Was that joe's car that almost whacked you???

Why yes it was.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thank goodness nobody's half-shaft broke!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The man upstairs was lookin' out for you two!!!!!!!!!:banana :banana :banana

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
holy crap that was close!!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Not the first time I've seen the red car get tail happy! What gives?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not the first time I've seen the red car get tail happy! What gives?

1500 hp :lol

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
For the record Tony was not driving Joe's car when this went down. Neither was Joe for that matter !

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
The man upstairs was lookin' out for you two!!!!!!!!!:banana :banana :banana

Agreed.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
For the record Tony was not driving Joe's car when this went down. Neither was Joe for that matter !

'Matters not. The driver was just a passenger there for a while ennyway:eek

"Depends" were definately in order on this day ... and should be part of his GT dress code from here on out!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
'Matters not. The driver was just a passenger there for a while ennyway:eek

"Depends" were definately in order on this day ... and should be part of his GT dress code from here on out!

My point was to illustrate who was not in the drivers seat. I showed tony the video a bit ago and he wanted me to reinforce that for him. So I did.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I similar thing happen to me on a motorcycle. I was lined up at a 4 way intersection with stop signs in all directions, When I blipped the throttle, the other guy jumped off the line, so I launched too, but I saw a car coming across the intersection and shut it down. The other guy was not so lucky and got T-boned at about 20 mph! The bike flew 10 in the air and was a wreak. Luckily the rider had only minor injuries. The irony is the guy just got some new headers installed less than a block away and only rode less than 200 yards before the accident. I am sure that was an important lesson for both him and I about the dangers of street racing.

I was so glad to be SLOW off the line.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Looks like his foot was stuck and he was dead set not to lift it. Wow that would have been GAME OVER!!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Cool videos. How is the new motor working out for Joe? Looks like you put it on him in that one race.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I similar thing happen to me on a motorcycle. I was lined up at a 4 way intersection with stop signs in all directions, When I blipped the throttle, the other guy jumped off the line, so I launched too, but I saw a car coming across the intersection and shut it down. The other guy was not so lucky and got T-boned at about 20 mph! The bike flew 10 in the air and was a wreak. Luckily the rider had only minor injuries. The irony is the guy just got some new headers installed less than a block away and only rode less than 200 yards before the accident. I am sure that was an important lesson for both him and I about the dangers of street racing.

I was so glad to be SLOW off the line.

Rather lose some easily installed headers then your life.:ack You guy had god with you and joe has had god with him twice already when it comes to racing in a straight line. Heres to a cold beer and a better run next time! :banana :cheers

and sadly again YOU NEED A LONGER ROAD lol!

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Cool videos. How is the new motor working out for Joe? Looks like you put it on him in that one race.

Yeah the run with the 3 cars I got him, but I also was figuring out how to launch the car right. That was the third time I had a chance to do that from 0. The power band in that car is peakier then mine. And honestly after spending the day beating the crap out of my car if I had the option to keep my car the way it is or go the stage 2 route I would leave it alone and just enjoy the hell out of it.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah the run with the 3 cars I got him, but I also was figuring out how to launch the car right. That was the third time I had a chance to do that from 0. The power band in that car is peakier then mine. And honestly after spending the day beating the crap out of my car if I had the option to keep my car the way it is or go the stage 2 route I would leave it alone and just enjoy the hell out of it.

Definitely. Joe's car is a "limits" car. I think the 1000hp is more than enough.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Definitely. Joe's car is a "limits" car. I think the 1000hp is more than enough.

Yep its purpose is quite a bit differnt then mine thats for sure.

Last edited: