Any interest in an adapter to mount a speedhut speedo in an OEM dash? Did this one. Works well. Working on a tach adapter too.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
DSCF6893.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF6889.JPG
    DSCF6889.JPG
    624.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF6891.JPG
    DSCF6891.JPG
    626.8 KB · Views: 54

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Wow, that looks really nice!

Reactions: Johntpr

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Cool! Why hasn't someone done this before?

The tach is a weird shape, I thought the speedhuts were all round. Can it be adapted?

Reactions: Johntpr

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The OE tach face is a non-circular shape, but the hole in the panel behind it is smaller and circular if I recall correctly. So putting a round gauge in the OE panel should work.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
OE dash panel;

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: GT Tech

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I would be interested in an adaptor.

Just in case.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Cool! Why hasn't someone done this before?

The tach is a weird shape, I thought the speedhuts were all round. Can it be adapted?
Working on the Tack, but that is a lot more complicated. Trying to use the guts from a speedhut modified to fit the OEM tach housing. I can get the speedo ones made up pretty quickly if there is interest. Not sure on cost, but could put something together if the interest was there to sell some.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Nice work on the speedo gauge. Is the black trim ring the required piece to use the Speedhut gauge?

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Nice work on the speedo gauge. Is the black trim ring the required piece to use the Speedhut gauge?
The black screw on ring comes with the speedhut gauge. The other 2 are what we had made up. As they are aluminum, they could be anodized any color. This one was painted black to save time required to send out for anodizing.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
I would be interested in one for a spare. My speedo needle acts sticky, I assume that is a symptom of problems.

MHedges24

Jan 17, 2021
Dallas, TX
I'd be interested in one as well.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I guess I didn’t recall correctly!

I guess I didn’t recall correctly!

The black screw on ring comes with the speedhut gauge. The other 2 are what we had made up. As they are aluminum, they could be anodized any color. This one was painted black to save time required to send out for anodizing.
Not to be negative, but why bother? I'm not sure about current prices, but when I bought mine, the Speedhut gauge panel and all the gauges cost less than the Ford speedo or tach cost. In addition, the Speedhut panel is slightly smaller than the stock one so is much easier to change.

Reactions: Shark01

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
If you can get Speedhut to make a flat-bottomed tach, I would be in!

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Not to be negative, but why bother? I'm not sure about current prices, but when I bought mine, the Speedhut gauge panel and all the gauges cost less than the Ford speedo or tach cost. In addition, the Speedhut panel is slightly smaller than the stock one so is much easier to change.
You are right. But If the supply of OEM speedo and tach completely dry up, if they are not already, a backup plan might be nice to have. That is why we only made 1 and I wanted to see if there was any interest in doing more.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I would be interested in one for a spare. My speedo needle acts sticky, I assume that is a symptom of problems.
Maybe you just need to push it up to the higher numbers more often. :)

Kind of like stretching muscles.

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
I've already replaced the "small" gauges with AutoMeter... can Speedhut tach & speedo work on the same wiring harness in conjunction with the AutoMeters? If so, I'd be interested in the adapter.

Dan

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I've already replaced the "small" gauges with AutoMeter... can Speedhut tach & speedo work on the same wiring harness in conjunction with the AutoMeters? If so, I'd be interested in the adapter.

Dan
The car we tested it on got a full set of small gauges from Autometer at the same time. A couple were out as was the speedo. Everything bolted in and hooked up with no problem except we did not use the extra Speedhut lighting connectors. The little transformer for the speedo lighting was 2 sided taped to the back of the speedo and the dimmer was set to full brightness, then secured with a tie strap. I am having 5 more made. They are going for powder coating tomorrow.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Agree, I like the Speedhut gauges.....the custom colors, the shift lights, and the reliability. Glad we have that option.
Ready to install.jpg

Reactions: GT Tech and extrap

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I would be interested in adapters I have a carbon fiber dash plate I would rather use.