Best looking 05/06 GT

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Since going on the GT program in July 2003, I have had the pleasure of seeing literally 1,000s of them. IMHO, this is the best, cleanest car I have ever seen. Sadly, it is going on the market before I get a chance to ogle it. Maybe a new owner will let me. Of course my friend has a Tungsten no stripe so I will eye that one soon652051767.jpg.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Since going on the GT program in July 2003, I have had the pleasure of seeing literally 1,000s of them. IMHO, this is the best, cleanest car I have ever seen. Sadly, it is going on the market before I get a chance to ogle it. Maybe a new owner will let me. Of course my friend has a Tungsten no stripe so I will eye that one soonView attachment 65784.
Is this car stock? Can you provide more info I.e mileage/location.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Is this car stock? Can you provide more info I.e mileage/location.
Car is 100% stock. Has had air bags done. Never titled. Bought from a dealer in Fla. 1,800 miles. Currently in N California

Reactions: Art138

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I like most cars with without stripes.

But the FGT looks best with stripes IMO. Even if they are ghosted or something similar.

And modifications. Lots and lots of modifications.

And miles.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Hopefully GT Tech sees mine soon. Like 2112, I’m a stripe guy and like appearance mods. My car has 32,000 miles so it has been around the block a few times. I value suspension and handling mods more than HP mods.

Color wise, always liked white with blue stripes the best.....just couldn’t hook up with the right one for the right money.

Most GT exterior colors I don’t particularly like, and hate black wheels with the passion of 1,000 suns, of course look what I ended up with, and they haven’t grown on me.

Reactions: GT Tech

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I'll be back in town on Tuesday my friend. Ordered parts are in, flight is booked, room is reserved. Should be working on yours a week from today.

Reactions: roketman

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And by contrast, Im a "no stripe" guy. That blue with out stripes looks fantastic.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
When I was a tot, my Hot Wheels GT40 had stripes, so naturally my grown-up FGT had to have stripes too.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Hey Rich, is this the car you told me about a few weeks back in Vegas when we had lunch?

QSS

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Hey Rich, is this the car you told me about a few weeks back in Vegas when we had lunch?

QSS
It is. I'm headed up to his place in a couple of weeks for hoses and general look over on his Tungsten car.

Fiji_99

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2020
Indiana
Where’s it hitting the market, BAT?

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
It is. I'm headed up to his place in a couple of weeks for hoses and general look over on his Tungsten car.
Cool, that'll be a good trip for ya. Have fun.

QSS

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Where’s it hitting the market, BAT?
Unfortunately, BAT won't let him post it as it has no title. (was dealer owned and driven on a dealer plate) And because he has not been approved here on the forum yet, he can't post here ether, and per forum rules, I can't post it for him. I do have his contact info for anyone interested.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
At least one FGT was sold on BaT on MSO. Do you know why it is that this car can't be sold the same way?

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
At least one FGT was sold on BaT on MSO. Do you know why it is that this car can't be sold the same way?
Not really sure why BAT refused his posting. I would assume if proper documentation was provided, they should approve it, but apparently not.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Reactions: 2112

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
HIPS I love those HIPS.

Reactions: white out and 2112

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
IMG_7286.jpg

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
That photo is spectacular!

Here's another FGT on MSO that ran more recently on BAT:

1,900-Mile 2005 Ford GT for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $478,000 on January 17, 2022 (Lot #63,459) | Bring a Trailer

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
Silver GTs are just a wee bit better looking and are the fastest of all of the GTs produced. Just ask the other 155 owners-they will back me up!