Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
😁

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Went to a holiday toy drive this morning and donated a GT related gift, of course, a remote controlled GT! Saw this Aston Martin Zagato Shooting Brake, a real beauty!

And they let me park next to a classic Bugatti!

Ford GT, a crowd pleaser in the classiest of company.

Zagato-0004317.jpg

Zagato-0004320.jpg

Zagato-0004338.jpg

PFSxmas-0004287.jpg

Zagato-0004325.jpg

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I think it was your car that inspired me years ago. And I thought you were going to point out the Intech.
I was going to point out that we not only have the same car but the same trailer as well. You obviously have impeccable taste!
And I agree I love the no side stripe!
I have to laugh because several people have said my car influenced them to take the side stripe off!

Reactions: 2112

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The owner of that Bugattis is a great guy and he drives that thing everywhere.

And look at those unique tires! And a peek at the engine.

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

Reactions: white out

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
I installed hot buttons (thank you, Santa!).

1640629052058.png

Reactions: extrap and viva gt

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
KW HLS going in. 20211227_124518.jpg

Reactions: white out and 2112

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
3 out of 4 days had the 05 out and about!

Reactions: dreimer and extrap

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
3 out of 4 days had the 05 out and about!
Me too! Had my nephews visiting for xmas and used any excuse to give them rides. "Need more puff pastry? I'll get it!"

Reactions: alexhay3 and extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Me too! Had my nephews visiting for xmas and used any excuse to give them rides. "Need more puff pastry? I'll get it!"

Ha! (y):cool: My version was my co-worker and his son, and my co-worker's friend, and his son. All wanted to see the GTs, and go for races rides, of course. And same here, "A ride? Sure! Any excuse!" So after 4 laps drives I was really hoping the neighbors weren't getting irritated ... especially since it was Christmas day ... and hoping any cops that might be out would have mercy, cuz after all it was Christmas! 🎄🎅

Reactions: dreimer

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Ha! (y):cool: My version was my co-worker and his son, and my co-worker's friend, and his son. All wanted to see the GTs, and go for races rides, of course. And same here, "A ride? Sure! Any excuse!" So after 4 laps drives I was really hoping the neighbors weren't getting irritated ... especially since it was Christmas day ... and hoping any cops that might be out would have mercy, cuz after all it was Christmas! 🎄🎅

Funny, on Christmas Day I did the same thing. Took two young men who live in my neighborhood for a ride in the new GT. It's pretty much a requirement to let it fly a couple times and hope the locals or law don't get too upset. The boys loved it.

Chip

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
So clean!

Reactions: Ravage

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
You guys in the warmer climates probably get to do this every year.

We actually had 75 degrees on Christmas Eve here in the mid-west. Great opportunity for a late season drive!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Had family visiting from New Mexico. Mom Dad and daughter. All three went for GT rides and each of them drove the GT!

Reactions: GT@50 and alexhay3

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Installed Ohlins from Scott Ahlman on my 06 , they work great

7457FA1C-6203-4A9F-8930-60856DF97C99.jpegE106828D-82A9-4820-A2CA-400BB888523B.jpeg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Visited the brand new Shelby Segerstrom Center in Irvine, CA. Drove the '06 GT as I thought it'd be a nice match for the collection. Supermodel Kathy Ireland was there too! After the most iconic SI Cover of all time, Kathy went on to become extremely successful in the fashion and business industries.

ShelbySeg_003 copy.jpgShelbySeg_012.jpgShelbySeg_013.jpg
ShelbySeg_007.JPGKathyIreland-0325.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
And of course, a beautiful 50th Anniversary polished Shelby Cobra.

ShelbySeg_011.JPG

Reactions: 68Rcodeman and 2112

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Got a phone call from Chip Beck, asking if I could make it out to Willow Springs International Raceway for a little project on Monday morning, call time of 6:30am. Of course, no problem. I don't have a trailer, so I'll just drive out and meet you there.

Really is a true GT, where you can have a nice drive out to the track and then enjoy it on the track as well.

A good day for sure, and captured the sunrise!

WSIRfb-2081.jpgWSIRfb-2082.jpg
WSIRfb-2092.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
And an on track photo from the day at WSIR.

WSIR-0004531.jpg

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Got the Cool Tech differential cooler installed a few weeks ago - very smooth process; maybe 4 hours over 2 days. Probably would have only been 3 hours if I hadn't dropped a bolt a couple times (sigh... ) and had to fish them out blind from on top of the belly pan. Started up the car to check for leaks and had none. Like my dad was fond of saying, "even the dumb have luck!"

Finally got the car out yesterday and today (weather was in the unseasonably low 60's for up here in northwest Ohio) and got about 3 hours of drive-time in (how nice :)) stopping periodically to check for leaks but all clear.

Because of the cool weather, I had blocked off the passenger side air scoop that feeds the cooler. When I got home, the hoses and radiator were warm to the touch, so the oil is circulating.

I've also installed the Cool Tech gas struts - great product!

Dan

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Got the Cool Tech differential cooler installed a few weeks ago - very smooth process; maybe 4 hours over 2 days. Probably would have only been 3 hours if I hadn't dropped a bolt a couple times (sigh... ) and had to fish them out blind from on top of the belly pan. Started up the car to check for leaks and had none. Like my dad was fond of saying, "even the dumb have luck!"

Finally got the car out yesterday and today (weather was in the unseasonably low 60's for up here in northwest Ohio) and got about 3 hours of drive-time in (how nice :)) stopping periodically to check for leaks but all clear.

Because of the cool weather, I had blocked off the passenger side air scoop that feeds the cooler. When I got home, the hoses and radiator were warm to the touch, so the oil is circulating.

I've also installed the Cool Tech gas struts - great product!

Dan
I have had mine for many years without any issues.