Shelby CSX4000 for sale

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Enjoy irresponsibly! (Put on a set of Avons ASAP)
Best of luck.
Bret - CSX4802.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Happy Birthday to me!!:cool:
As they would say.... "the checks in the mail".

I am really looking forward to the new addition as I've always wanted to experience ownership of a Cobra so when I read the post the excitement started brewing. Knowing Tim over the years really made this decision very easy for me.

BTW I swore not to buy any more black cars :rolleyes:

THANK YOU Tim!!!
I purchased an Aluminum CSX4289 a few weeks ago. It’s been a lot of fun bringing it up to spec with a bunch of deferred maintenance items. It’s the only car I’m terrified to put the pedal to the floor! It’s intense...1839067E-626C-4C83-B4DF-88422BA7D800.jpegE039212E-1737-4F71-81CD-E29A0974EA57.jpeg734D1201-3215-482B-8EBE-5F51F0EE3A9D.jpeg1E25B7C3-019B-423E-8351-0D17C5B77177.jpeg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I purchased an Aluminum CSX4289 a few weeks ago. It’s been a lot of fun bringing it up to spec with a bunch of deferred maintenance items. It’s the only car I’m terrified to put the pedal to the floor! It’s intense...View attachment 62855View attachment 62856View attachment 62857View attachment 62858

Congrats! It's a great looking car.

If you've never heard Bill Cosby's routine "200 MPH" you should listen to it. It's a documentary of Cobra ownership. I mention it because the twin to the Cosby car just sold again at Barrett Jackson.

Reactions: Special K

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I purchased an Aluminum CSX4289 a few weeks ago. It’s been a lot of fun bringing it up to spec with a bunch of deferred maintenance items. It’s the only car I’m terrified to put the pedal to the floor! It’s intense...View attachment 62855View attachment 62856View attachment 62857View attachment 62858

What an awesome car. Is it a Kirkham built CSX?

Maybe you need a special thread just for you?

Those BFG's don't stand a chance. When you get that far, you will probably want CR6ZZs. You can have them shaved and lettered to period specs.

Attachments

• IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Special K

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Congrats! It's a great looking car.

If you've never heard Bill Cosby's routine "200 MPH" you should listen to it. It's a documentary of Cobra ownership. I mention it because the twin to the Cosby car just sold again at Barrett Jackson.
I will definitely check it out! I’ve been watching all the hype too. Now that I own one, I’m starting to really notice all the nuances of different manufacturers and stories surrounding the Cobra cult. When I work on it, I can’t help but chuckle about how there’s a little snake oil salesman in every piece of this car!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA

Those BFG's don't stand a chance. When you get that far, you will probably want CR6ZZs. You can have them shaved and lettered to period specs.

It is a Kirkham body CSX and I already have Avon’s in bound. I love the GY billboard look, but Avon’s seem like the most logical choice. Good idea on the thread, I’ll get one started.

Reactions: 2112

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

It is a Kirkham body CSX and I already have Avon’s in bound. I love the GY billboard look, but Avon’s seem like the most logical choice. Good idea on the thread, I’ll get one started.

Are you sure? A 2002 car seems a little early for Kirkhams. Shelby built alloy cars in-house early on. Then they went through a phase where they sourced their spec'd cars from Kirkham (but they shared no common parts between CSX and Kirkham), and finally (now) an alloy CSX is simply a Kirkham with a CSX badge.

Avons seem to be the preferred tires. Billboards look nice but you have to remember they area a bias ply tire and are very fragile. I had a really good deal on a set from a guy that was afraid of them and I turned them down because of that. But then you have to remember that Ken Miles drove at 198MPH on them.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The shop that did those Avons up like bluestreaks will do them as Billboards, Firestone, Dunlop, BFG etc too.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
looking for a csx 4000-6000 series car if anyone knows of one for sale!

rnkma4

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2014
Santa Clarita
I know of a non- CSX Kirkham that may be available.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
looking for a csx 4000-6000 series car if anyone knows of one for sale!
You should also check on www.cobracountry.com