Thank you Ford GT Forum! Welcoming M007 2021 Daytona Heritage on a sunny day in Southern California.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City

Man, that was one of the longest waits, for one of the shortest time on a track.
Nice track though, would love to get back for some real driving on it.

New GT looks great! Congratulations.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Man, that was one of the longest waits, for one of the shortest time on a track.

Yes it was! The only plus was it gave some time for the gear shift to cool down after being in the hot sun. One long hot day. Would trade it for any day of quarantine though!

Reactions: The Grey Ghost

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Super cool car & no other person I can think of better deserving than you Syco. You were meant not to have a first allocation as this Heritage was planned for you. You just didn't know it till now. I'm glad you came to my GT party!

That party was such a class act! Wouldn't expect any less from the master of style. Well worth the 1,000 mile weekend round trip. Fun to get to hang out with the gang.

Reactions: Ed Sims

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
nfgtdelivery-1998-jpg.62409

Wondered how red rim stripes and lugs would look :unsure:
1.png

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
One of my favorite parts of the design, is how the roundels look solid black from a distance, and then they catch the light and you see the pattern as you approach.

The factory finish is so smooth and glossy that it's picking up reflections from the epoxy coated paint flakes on the flooring.

Very impressed with the paint.

NFGTforum-7495.jpg

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
That is a rocking' image Syco! Love it!

Ed

Reactions: SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
More photos to come Ed. Also, if anyone wants to take a look at Instagram @heritageGT007 that is where I'll also be trying to share some images of M007.

NFGTorderkit-7442.jpgNFGTorderkit-7430.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Where the fun all began...The little black box.

NFGTorderkit-7437.jpg

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
That's so cool Syco! I didn't know that the spec design kit already comes with the last 4 of your VIN on it. That makes it really special. I wonder if that is the same for everyone? Haven't received ours yet.

Reactions: SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Seth, did you get your order kit yet? When the order kit arrives, I believe it will be blank. You will receive the abbreviated VIN plate with delivery of your NFGT, on delivery day, I believe.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Seth, did you get your order kit yet? When the order kit arrives, I believe it will be blank. You will receive the abbreviated VIN plate with delivery of your NFGT, on delivery day, I believe.

Gotcha, that makes sense! Nope, haven't received ours yet. Looking forward to it though!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Gotcha, that makes sense! Nope, haven't received ours yet. Looking forward to it though!

The only thing better is when you receive the VIN dash plate because it has your NFGT attached to it!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
You're probably dying to see a good shot of the sexy retro gold wheels. Originally, in concept, I assumed they would be brighter, but after receiving the ordering kit and scrutinizing the pre-release photos, I did expect them to be more subdued.

In person, I feel it's an excellent choice in finish and tone. Gives a classic feel, and I do like the spoke pattern as well.

Hope you agree!

NFGT-wheel-7560.jpg

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
A little late to the party here but,
Congratulations Randy!
That's awesome, and great story too!
It was nice talking to you in Lemans.
IMHO only forum guys should get the special liveries, especially this one.
Enjoy!!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I know I already chimed in, but DAMN that looks so good. Are the brake calipers on these Heritages a custom color to match the body color (in those areas), or does the standard brembo caliper color just happen to match that well??

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Gorgeous car!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
It was nice talking to you in Lemans.
IMHO only forum guys should get the special liveries, especially this one.
Enjoy!!

Thanks Stef! Lemans seems like a lifetime ago. Definitely memories for a lifetime!

I know I already chimed in, but DAMN that looks so good. Are the brake calipers on these Heritages a custom color to match the body color (in those areas), or does the standard brembo caliper color just happen to match that well??

Good question! Monroney Window Label simply states as "Red Brake Calipers" under optional equipment / other.

Reactions: Stef and DakotaGT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
In daily life, you can spot other obvious Ken Miles tributes:

1) Subaru WRX with Gold Wheels, White Body Paint, Carbon Hood Area / Fender.

IMG_2510 copy.jpg!

2) Amazon Prime sporting a yellow "98" decal.

IMG_2499.jpg

More likely it's the obsession, causing selective attentiveness. I need professional intervention... Nah, I think I'll just enjoy the affliction.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
A nice meet up with Karl and our GT's yesterday on a sunny afternoon in So Cal for some aerial shots (coming).

GTAerial-0001433.jpg

And a recent Cars and Coffee at the Flying L Ranch. With Ed Sims Gold GT behind and a Ford GT Mark IV Chassis J-9 next to his.

TomRidingGTG-0001285.jpg

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
And the grandfather, a 1967 Ford GT MKIV Chassis J-9. 1 of 10 produced in 1967, test car for Mario Andretti. Restoration by Graham Collins Racing.

TomRidingGTG-0001313.jpg