WTB billet seat inserts, either yours or somebody else's, used or new

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I'm wanting to buy somebody's billet seat inserts, since used should be more affordable than the $790 they're asking on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/142433039133

Please let me know if you have a complete set with hardware. Thanks ...

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Just buy new ones from Andrew at Exotic care. You will be glad you did
Just my 02

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I seriously doubt you will find them used - and, believe or not, I think it is a good value. These are offered by a member here and on their website, www.fordgtbilletparts Many years ago Kelvin (AlohaGT) wanted me to get a set of these for his Heritage. I literally berated the hell out of Kelvin. "This is a waste of money." "Completely overpriced!" "A fool and his money are soon parted." etc. etc. Ignoring me, he told me to shut-up and order them. I did. They arrived. OMG. Pieces of art. Each machined from a solid chunk of aluminum. That bastard, Kelvin! A few weeks later I ordered a set for my car.

Nice stuff, GREAT fit. Worth a try, but I just can't conceive of anyone parting with them!

Reactions: Apollo

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Agree with Kendall x1000

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
May as well order the billet pieces for the clam shell (side and top) while you’re at it. They’re so nice

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Ordered! 🍻

(the seat inserts, not the clam shell vents)

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
If you plan on driving a lot, I would suggest clam shell vents at some point, as The stock ones are plastic and often warp with miles

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
If you plan on driving a lot, I would suggest clam shell vents at some point, as The stock ones are plastic and often warp with miles

If I was smart I'd get the vents, in white, now and remove/store the OEMs before damage. I need to decide if I'm smart.

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
^ Thats what I did - Stored my originals

Reactions: extrap

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Will they paint to match (standard stripe colors) or is that something that you make happen on your own?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You get them painted to whatever color you want. P0wdercoat is the favored method. The side vents come in matching black.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I'm not sure if the billet vents seller will paint them, but I've read that some buy them through GT Guys Rich and he has them painted to match and sends them to you. He has access to quality painter(s) there in Detroit that I just do not have here in lil ol Gainesville FL.
Rich painted mine blue to match perfectly, and I stored the originals. I also had Rich install the speedhuts, before the originals fail, and stored them as well. Parts aren't going to get easier, or cheaper to come by!!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
First thing I did to my car when I bought it years ago - hot buttons and billet seat inserts. The inserts are fantastic quality, well worth the price. Some nameless forum cheapskates just took the plastic inserts off and painted them silver.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
First thing I did to my car when I bought it years ago - hot buttons and billet seat inserts. The inserts are fantastic quality, well worth the price. Some nameless forum cheapskates just took the plastic inserts off and painted them silver.
Hot buttons are the ultimate accessory! I love when people ask me if they're speakers, or air condition vents! The best feature of them, is that they add 10 HP at the crank!!!

Reactions: KennethClay

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Hot buttons are the ultimate accessory! I love when people ask me if they're speakers, or air condition vents! The best feature of them, is that they add 10 HP at the crank!!!

Aw hell! I thought it was 10 HP at the wheels!

Reactions: RPM217

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Arrived ... Thank you for helping me spend my money 😁 🍻 ... nice packaging:
2a.jpg

... and nice product!
1a.jpg

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Like other examples... sometimes the backside is as good as or better than the front....

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Like other examples... sometimes the backside is as good as or better than the front....
You talking about Cardi B?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Here's a pic ...
3.jpg

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Nothing you guys haven't seen before, but here they are installed:
1a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DakotaGT