Engine braces group buy

Brian GTS

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2020
Hey guys,

Finally purchased a GT (midnight blue with stripes)! I've always liked the look of the aftermarket cross pattern billet engine braces. The Ford GT is one of those cars where engine aesthetics can be appreciated without lifting the hood. :)

I reached out to John (pe2unia) who makes these. They are out of stock but if we can get 5 commitments, he will make them. The price is $1,625 + shipping. There are 4 braces (upper and lower) as pictured and they are super easy to install. Anyone interested? Reply or PM.

braces.jpg

Reactions: extrap

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I saw a set of these once and they are stunning.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
What would the timeline look like? I would normally be interested, but we are really reducing non-essential spending right now.

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
You won’t be sorry, love mine. The caps in the photo are nice too

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The caps were made by Project 321, not pe2unia. They dont make them any longer.

The caps in the photo are nice too

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What would the timeline look like? I would normally be interested, but we are really reducing non-essential spending right now.

Based on the current schedule it looks like approximately 8 weeks to completion time.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
The caps were made by Project 321, not pe2unia. They dont make them any longer.

You sure? As of 3-4 weeks ago they were still listed on their site as purchasable.....I was on there looking at pricing.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Mentioned on this site, they made one last production run, then what they has was it. Maybe some pieces are still available.

You sure? As of 3-4 weeks ago they were still listed on their site as purchasable.....I was on there looking at pricing.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Gotta love pe2unia's engine compartment braces!

IMG-1263.jpg

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Ok, shame as those caps and engine covers are really good looking pieces.IMG_0080 small.jpg

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Based on the current schedule it looks like approximately 8 weeks to completion time.

When would payment be due?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
When would payment be due?
At the time of shipping

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
John's braces are works of art and really compliment the engine compartment in the GT! One of those items that that just belong on any GT.

Reactions: JWZ

Brian GTS

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2020
Looks like we may have THREE so far. Need TWO more. Anyone on the fence? :)

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Gotta love pe2unia's engine compartment braces!

IMG-1263.jpg
Kendall, is that one of your TT builds? Gorgeous! What hp?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
If you're considering his "braces", those are works of art, you really need to consider his top and side vents, especially if you're planning on driving your car!!! The heat from the engine will warp the top (painted) vents, the clips will dry out, and give way! I had the top vents sent directly to Rich (GT Guy) who smoothed them, and painted them perfectly to match the OEM ones.

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
If you're considering his "braces", those are works of art, you really need to consider his top and side vents, especially if you're planning on driving your car!!! The heat from the engine will warp the top (painted) vents, the clips will dry out, and give way! I had the top vents sent directly to Rich (GT Guy) who smoothed them, and painted them perfectly to match the OEM ones.

Mine are with Rich right now. Can’t wait.

Reactions: RPM217

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
You can't go wrong with these.
Had mine powdered coated locally.
Would caution that newly machined aluminium needs to outgas before you powder coat..
Needed to do mine twice.
Just a heads up.
Absolutely nothing to do with this product.
Best,
Mark

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
How long to outgas before powder coating? Are they manufactured just before shipping?

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Not sure of manufacture vs shipping dates, but my powder guy claimed 4 weeks after machining before powder.
I can't really substantiate his claim, but the 2nd go round on the powder went much better then the first.
Just my prior experience.
Best,
Mark