Got one

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
The one from Lucas Ford. GTJoey had good things to say about it(thanks for talking to me Joey) It was loaded on a truck Saturday AM headed for me in the Seattle area. It's gonna be a looooong week+
What's the best way to tell my wife I bought one?
How do I post pics?
Lucas changed the oil and installed a new GT battery. When I get it here I'll change the rest of the fluids, belts and tires.
When it stops raining I'll get to drive it!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Congratulations on your purchase!
Epic event!
When it cones to telling the wife.Do what I do, just show up with the new car and ask her to go for a ride with you

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Congratulations on finding your GT! Enjoy!

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
So very happy for you, take a great delivery video so the rest of us dreamers can get some inspiration. Maybe the best thing is now we don't have to fight for the same cars....LOL.

Can't help you with the wife thing as mine knows every step of my 6 year building up a car fund journey.

Wish you the best ownership experience!

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Ha, wife's cool with the purchase, she just doesn't know I pulled the trigger. Rationale; I'm saving her he agony of waiting for it to arrive. She might not be cool with losing her spot in the garage but it's only temporary until I rearrange some things.
When I click the "insert image" icon it asks for a link and wont let me insert a pic. Suggestions?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Congratulations!!! You do know from reading here about all the cautions regarding cold tires, etc. The same goes for wet pavement especially the first little bit after it starts raining when the goo comes to the top and the surface gets slick. Don't punch it and be especially careful about accelerating in turns.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Congratulations!!! You do know from reading here about all the cautions regarding cold tires, etc. The same goes for wet pavement especially the first little bit after it starts raining when the goo comes to the top and the surface gets slick. Don't punch it and be especially careful about accelerating in turns.
I've read all about the cold/old tires. I've never owned a supercar. Is this a problem with all mid engine, pre-traction control cars? I hope NOT to be in rain but it is Washington.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Great color! Congrats. I believe the issue with original tires was specific to these cars. I did a 180 the first time I came out of a turn. Lucky no oncoming cars. There are several threads on the tire issue.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Congratulations! White with blue stripes is such a classic combination.

I would suggest getting the Bridgestone tires ASAP. Even those will break loose on our cold wet streets so stay safe!

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
You will love the SUPERCAR!!!!
I could not post pics or files, did not have the correct site authorization. I pm'd the administrator DBK, then it became available. However, I do not have authority to post or reply to anything under the "GT Sales and Products" section, others seem to have the same limitation. A few times asked DBK to fix, but still no worky.
Please clarify your comment on rainy Washington. That is west of the cascades. Eastern WA is deserty dry and sunny....YES.

Last edited:

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I've read all about the cold/old tires. I've never owned a supercar. Is this a problem with all mid engine, pre-traction control cars? I hope NOT to be in rain but it is Washington.

Cold tires are an issue with any high performance car...my Diablo is AWD and it still needs a warm up period...one of the cars I just drove actually has a tire temp indicator.....so still an issue with new cars.

The rain performance actually has alot to do with how these high performance tires are designed....there just isn't alot of tread on these types of tires so water channels are pretty small.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas

And these are up to date prices.....since my deal last week literally fell apart over tires believe it or not.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Not just these or mid engine. My cobra would break loose much easier than the gt. It's all about weight, horsepower and the tire's inability to grip. andin the case of the cobra the short wheelbase. The accelerating left turn is the one you least expect and perhaps the biggest pucker you will experience. It doesnt even have to be hot on the accelerator just the right combo of tires and temp. I strongly encourage you to take a high performance driving class. Get one with a skid pad lesson so you know how to deal with under and over steer.

Enjoy!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
You will love the SUPERCAR!!!!
I could not post pics or files, did not have the correct site authorization. I pm'd the administrator DBK, then it became available. However, I do not have authority to post or reply to anything under the "GT Sales and Products" section, others seem to have the same limitation. A few times asked DBK to fix, but still no worky.
Please clarify your comment on rainy Washington. That is west of the cascades. Eastern WA is deserty dry and sunny....YES.
The sales area requires a paid membership

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Great choice. Enjoy. I hope to see it this summer

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA

Is this invitation only, or is it found on the forum someplace?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
It's not a "problem" on a GT, it's true on ANY car. cold tires have no traction, period. What amplifies this exponentially, is big HP, and lack of traction control.

At tip, when tires are at ANY temp. Pretend there is a string at the bottom of the steering wheel, attached to the accelerator pedal. When wheel it turned, you cant mash the pedal, as you unwind, it allows you to roll in to the throttle.

I've read all about the cold/old tires. I've never owned a supercar. Is this a problem with all mid engine, pre-traction control cars?

Reactions: 2112

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
The best looking white Supercar ever produced. Enjoy.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
.... and how do you contribute to a "paid membership"? I'd like to contribute :cool:

QSS