Best comments made related to your GT

H

HHGT

I hate when people judge you by your appearance.

I went to the Ferrari dealer at the Wynn back in May, T shirt, Shorts and sandals - my daily attire. They had a used 2005 Wht/Blue in the basement. I had just started looking for a GT and asked the salesman if I could sit in it - just for a fitting. He said no. 4 weeks later, I bought my first - needless to say not from them.

Ironically, last October I was at the same Wynn Ferrari shop again and the same salesman from May recognized me and asked If I had bought a GT, I smiled and my budy showed him 2 fingers (meaning 2 Gts).

Well, I noticed they had a F430 with 200 miles on it, asked the salesman if I could try it out for a fitting and he said NO - store policy he claims. He did offer for me to sit in the 360 yellow spider for a picture taking session (for a fee).

The first time I was nice and ignored him the second time, I told him to go F himself. Must be Italian arrogance!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well, I noticed they had a F430 with 200 miles on it, asked the salesman if I could try it out for a fitting and he said NO - store policy he claims. He did offer for me to sit in the 360 yellow spider for a picture taking session (for a fee).

I can understand (to a degree) why they'ed have that policy in general regarding showroom cars (wear & tear, etc.). But, for them to have a car there specifically to sit in for picture purposes and not letting you sit in IT "for a fit" w/o paying a fee???!!!!!! That's ridiculous! That car was obviously THERE to "sit in"! :bs :bs :bs

This kind of stunt just reinforces Ferrari's "snob" image.:frown

Had you "worn bling" when you went in there, my bet is you'd have had no pblm at all. ("Same guy, different wrapper", as I've said B4. )

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
No GT but a really nice Enzo for 1.3 mil.

No apology called for, GT.

Ya. A red one (what else) on the turn table to the right as you go in. I don't think that's "for sale, for sale" as they say. I was told by a salesman(?) that it is Penske's own car, but who knows. Undoubtedly it's main purpose in being there is acting as showroom sculpture to draw the "$10-$15 admission" folks.

Last edited:

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I went to the Ferrari dealer at the Wynn back in May, T shirt, Shorts and sandals - my daily attire. They had a used 2005 Wht/Blue in the basement.

If I'm not mistaken it was an early 05 car, I was there around the same time. I screwed up because I didn't buy the murci roadster that was there for $270k!:ack

GordonWolf

Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 26, 2006
Las Vegas
If I'm not mistaken it was an early 05 car, I was there around the same time. I screwed up because I didn't buy the murci roadster that was there for $270k!:ack

They turned down my offer on a 430 spider (north of 370K:frown ), suggested I sit in that blue/wht GT they had there... jokingly, they called it the "poor mans" ferarri. They did have some great stories about celebs getting gurney'd right there in the showroom. :rofl
A little PO'ed about the 430, I went and bought one of those GT things on EBAY... :thumbsup

If you invest in a phone call to the salesmen at either Wynn or Ceasars you will avoid the silly entrance fees... they are all VERY interested in letting you "size" the cars. :biggrin

By the way you wouldn't believe the monthly revenue that those fees generate! :eek

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

By the way you wouldn't believe the monthly revenue that those fees generate! :eek

I have heard >$50K/month in collected fees. I wouldn't be surprised if it was even more.

BTW- Bring your F-car keys or registration with you and there is no fee.

GordonWolf

Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 26, 2006
Las Vegas
I have heard >$50K/month in collected fees. I wouldn't be surprised if it was even more.

You heard right.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Do you know that for a fact, Chris? Sounds like personal experience. (Yours or a buddies.)
Thanks ~~~~~~~

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Do you know that for a fact, Chris? Sounds like personal experience. (Yours or a buddies.)
Thanks ~~~~~~~

Yes, while I hate to admit it, I know this from personal experience.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yes, while I hate to admit it, I know this from personal experience.

WHY???? If you'd shown them your new "bird's" keys - they'd have at LEAST taken you to lunch too!:biggrin

Thanks for the "confirm". 'Didn't wanna look like an idiot (anymore than usual) down there next month!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I went to the Ferrari dealer at the Wynn back in May, T shirt, Shorts and sandals - my daily attire. They had a used 2005 Wht/Blue in the basement. I had just started looking for a GT and asked the salesman if I could sit in it - just for a fitting. He said no. 4 weeks later, I bought my first - needless to say not from them.

Ironically, last October I was at the same Wynn Ferrari shop again and the same salesman from May recognized me and asked If I had bought a GT, I smiled and my budy showed him 2 fingers (meaning 2 Gts).

The first time I was nice and ignored him the second time, I told him to go F himself. Must be Italian arrogance!

for what it is worth, the GSM of Wynn Penske Ferrari owns a GT.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I went to the Ferrari dealer at the Wynn back in May, T shirt, Shorts and sandals - my daily attire.

I must protest to that suspicion ! :confused THIS MUST BE FERRARI WYNN ARROGANCE, do not generalize.:bored
I must tell you Italian arrogance I still need to encounter. American arrogance I have encountered.

Ask Rob Gierkink how nice the (original) Ferrari people here in Maranello and around are. Immaculate treatment, every time... :thumbsup

so much from Italy about the issue.
:cheers
Stefan

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
This kind of stunt just reinforces Ferrari's "snob" image.:frown

No. And then, actually , yes.... unfortunately...: this American interpretation disgraces a passionate and proud Italian Starbrand. We should inform Maurizio Parlato about this inappropriate conduct, actually.

When I see small boys gathered around my F cars, I generally ask them if they want to sit in them (as I would have loved, in their age). As they are mostly Italiani, I keepo da keys in my pocketsa....:biggrin iss abetter, you know !...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
for what it is worth, the GSM of Wynn Penske Ferrari owns a GT.

For what it's worth, my GT is serviced exclusively by Ferrari Ineco. When I brought it, they said they would never forgive me to go anywhere else. They love the car, like we all do. The owner, the other day on a Ferrari party, told me how much he has always been in love with the GT40 and how he admired mine, as when he was still young, bla bla the rest we know, don't we !?

So much for Ferrari attitude in Italy..:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
No. And then, actually , yes.... unfortunately...: this American interpretation disgraces a passionate and proud Italian Starbrand. We should inform Maurizio Parlato about this inappropriate conduct, actually.

Agreed. I've NEVER paid a dime to walk into any other Ferrari dealership anywhere. ( I believe the idea in play at any dealership is suppose to be to get one to pay before leaving! :biggrin) And, I've never seen ANY dealership with a 'toll booth' car (if you will) for photos! (This latter gimmick wasn't there the last time I was in the place, if memory serves... or, maybe I just didn't notice it.)

Of course, that being said, this showroom IS just off a hotel lobby, for Pete's sake. So, the "walk by traffic" is huge... and therefore the number of "lookie-loos" cramming the showroom would be HUGE if a "control mechanism" of some kind wasn't implemented, I suppose. I'm just not of the opinion that the 'admission fee' method they've chosen is the best one...or one that reflects best "on a proud Italian Star brand" as you so correctly phrased it. (Not to mention the "tacky" factor.)

'Just my $.02 ... but then, what the heck do I know...

'Pockets

Last edited:

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
I thought I would just bump this old thread to see if anyone has any new stories to tell

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
A great thread. We have nicknamed our gt the "saviour". Because, without fail every time someone sees it for the first time they say "oh my god", or "Jesus!". It never fails.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
The only stories I have is that everyone who has seen my FGT just basically flips on me. Comments range from "most gorgeous car in the stable" to "wow, I can't believe that's a 50-yr old design - it seems timeless" Even the guys at the Ford dealer I had taken it to to have some work done, would just stand around with their jaws dropped and drooling...LOL

People stop what they're doing, gawk and ask a lot of questions when she drives up.

I don't drive her much - only did 550 miles since I got her in March - but that was my decision before I even got her. I drive my other toys and pack serious mileage on them instead. She's a garage queen. I think I need to buy another one to drive - they're just such a blast!

Honestly, best sports car I've ever had - and I've had many, including many exotics...but this one takes the cake! I don't plan on ever selling her.

H

HHGT

Best comment came from wife; "You love your GTs more than me" - I replied by saying, your point is? And then the fight started!

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Last week we were starting up the Coronado Trail (aka the Devil's Highway) in eastern AZ and stopped at a gas station in the mining town of Clifton. A young fellow in an older lifted Chevy pickup pulled around specifically to take a look. As he drove up I could hear him say to his passenger, "No f*ckin' WAY!!!" I love it when someone who actually knows what the car is, sees it in person for the first time!