Cover for K090

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I got the cover for my 2019 K090 It is almost impossible to get it on over the rear view mirrors. Has any body else ran into this if you got the cover from Ford as I did? My 2006 cover fits so easy. Has any got one for the NGT from some outside vendor that works well?

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
There is definitely a technique to it. I find it easier to do it with the mirrors folded. First goes on pretty easy and second takes a little effort but if you get it aligned it will go relatively easy with a bit of a stretch before you go on or off.
Basic cover technique is to fold cover over in half, from front to rear or rear to front, so dirty touches dirty, then fold so clean touches clean. There is a natural fold point at the mirrors where you can work on them either as you are half way going on, or half way going off. Hope this makes sense.

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks Apollo for the advice I will try it.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Remember to keep wing up

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
I got the cover for my 2019 K090 It is almost impossible to get it on over the rear view mirrors. Has any body else ran into this if you got the cover from Ford as I did? My 2006 cover fits so easy. Has any got one for the NGT from some outside vendor that works well?
I really like the Covercraft Satin Stretch covers. Gentle to the paint, lots if colors, room for mirrors and rear wing up and at a comparatively disposable price (although I've used some for 10+ years!)
Screenshot_20190806-141638_Samsung Internet.jpg
"A Coverking exclusive, satin stretch is the best indoor car cover money can buy. Get the luxury of pashmina wool, looks and feels like satin, fits like it was your car's second skin. It is made out of highest quality polyester/ Lycra/ spandex materials which enable a glove like fit that show off your car's curves. Soft brushed inner surface gently caresses and protects your car's finish. Coverking's Stretch Satin Custom Car Covers are made for vehicles parked indoors, and for owners who want nothing but the best for their vehicle."

Last edited:
Reactions: Apollo

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
CarCovers.com Black Satin For $159.95 fits perfect with spoiler up or down and mirrors out! 0B6503C6-84B6-4493-A631-582D205EC958.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Roadtrip and Apollo

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Cedarstang
I got vin k 089!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That Satin cover looks like car Spandex!

Reactions: THamonGT

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks Apollo for the advice I will try it.
Roketman
So I got the younger Sister Are we lucky or what.

Reactions: roketman

Jerry K

Feb 17, 2016
San Francisco
The fit is quite tight on the mirrors. I bought the outdoor cover which is thick and heavy, and it actually broke off the passenger side mirror trying to tug the cover off of it, so be very careful. There is only a very fragile little piece of plastic inside that holds it together. Took 5 weeks for a replacement from Multimatic. It required replacing the entire assembly and taking apart the door for a small piece of plastic. Now I just drape it over the car and don't even fit it over the rear view mirrors. If you do fit it on the mirrors, then completely loosen it first, both front and back and sides from all around the car and then very carefully take it off one mirror and then the other.

Reactions: Apollo

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Its a shame for the cost of the cover that it dose not fit right. I will not use it for fear I will break off a side mirror. Ford should step up and replace them. I will get a Black satin like ThamonGT or the one Blue Moose got

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I guess my decision to NOT Pay $900+ for a New Ford GT Cover when I had 2-3 already paid off! I’m probably the only New GT owner who didn’t order a cover, but it was more principle than anything else after purchasing. $500,000 Car and having to pay for the cover! Come On! I’ll have a new picture of my cheap cover dressed up soon! PS My Mirrors Are Still Attached as my cover doesn’t destroy them! Good Day!

Reactions: tpraceman

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I bought one of the aftermarket covers but it is too baggy. It hides all the cool lines of the GT. The OEM indoor cover is like yoga pants on a beautiful woman. But some people prefer sweat pants. LOL!

I place the OEM cover over one mirror then go over to the opposite side, fold in that mirror half way, place the cover over that mirror & return the mirror to it's normal position. Then place the cover over the front & rear of the car. Simple & takes me less than 1 minute.

Ed

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Carcovers.com for $159.95 made for the 2017 Ford GT fits perfect!

Attachments

• 57683777-59C0-4D68-A2AC-DE3AD5D3DDF5.jpeg
    57683777-59C0-4D68-A2AC-DE3AD5D3DDF5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Reactions: tpraceman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tomy, you are not the only one who did not buy a cover. The Red Devil goes naked as well

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I would think the cover supplier could take our covers and add in a wing up section. Kind of silly selling a 630k car adding a 4x normal $$ cover that you stretch (indoor) and leave the back up. I still have hopes that behind the scenes somone is working on the wing drift and or sewing in a section. Just the right thing to do.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Seems to be a little confusion on my part as the company I ordered my Satin Black Car Cove is carcovers.com ! How do you like my Cover now, And all for less than $200.00! I Love it! Due to spell check the previous posted web sight was incorrect! Sorry Guys!

Attachments

• 64A4D8FD-44B8-4D03-8316-AC6B852F762F.jpeg
    64A4D8FD-44B8-4D03-8316-AC6B852F762F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 53
  • D3756F84-8F5D-4731-B86E-8D6373179663.jpeg
    D3756F84-8F5D-4731-B86E-8D6373179663.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
  • EE22D5ED-8964-4736-95E6-F4F6480485A3.jpeg
    EE22D5ED-8964-4736-95E6-F4F6480485A3.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I just tried to put my car cover on for the 2nd time and although I was able to get it on using @Apollo's suggestion of folding one of the mirrors in, I doubt I will ever put it on again. The tension puts so much stress on the mirrors, it seems inevitable that one will pop off. I called a local company (CoverKing) from where I purchased the custom cover for my 2005 to place an order today. Just waiting to see if I can customize it to match the accent stripes on my car. If not, I will just get a solid color cover. Really is a bummer that the factory cover doesn't work well.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I love my OEM indoor cover. Fits tight. I have the routine down & it doesn't stress the mirrors. The car is beautiful even with the cover on. Like a pair of yoga tights on J-Lo. Also I am not mad at Ford for charging me for the cover. I went to MM & saw what was involved in the hand assembly of the car. 600 hours on paint alone. The car is worth every penny I paid.

Ed

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I love my OEM indoor cover. Fits tight. I have the routine down & it doesn't stress the mirrors. The car is beautiful even with the cover on. Like a pair of yoga tights on J-Lo. Also I am not mad at Ford for charging me for the cover. I went to MM & saw what was involved in the hand assembly of the car. 600 hours on paint alone. The car is worth every penny I paid.

Ed
Hi Ed! Are you leaving the wing up with the cover on?