So Mr Nair Wasn't The Only Delivery on February 10th

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats Andy Love the color, one of my favorites thus far.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We will have to see about that.

as I’m sure you will be bringing both cars to rally 13 like I did at rally 12 [emoji12]

Boy I still have zero idea why we are stuck in a place with a winter.

If you can’t stand the wait trailer it to AZ and I’ll put you up at Beck’s Landing so you can drive around in sunshine that will properly show off that color.

Been talking to Lance about that....

Hope you can bring it to Carlisle in June!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
DBK pic requests:

Attachments

• DSC_2883.jpg
    DSC_2883.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 461
  • DSC_2885.jpg
    DSC_2885.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 461
  • DSC_2886.jpg
    DSC_2886.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 467
  • DSC_2889.jpg
    DSC_2889.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 455

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
Best of luck with your new ride it looks awesome.:thumbsup:thumbsup

Dominic

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
SWEEEEET!!! Congratulations Andy, very very nice!:thumbsup

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Jaw droppingly sick. Sooooo great! Can't get over how much it flops depending on lighting.

Vince H

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Beautiful, let's hope the groundhog was mistaken, and spring comes sooner!!!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I truly look forward to seeing the off palette cars. This will be a great one to see at Rally 13. Congrats Andy!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Awesome buddy !! Love it.. !! :thumbsup :thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wow, what a deep and classy color! Love it.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So a quick update to this thread. After taking delivery, letting the paint sit for 30 days, then full Xpel (topside, inside, and a bunch on the underside), exoticare mats, Clearplex, DBK rock screens, today was the day.......

After having the car for almost 3 months....

I finally drove it .....

WOW what a trip. the sounds, the power delivery everything. It is a WILD machine. I only drove it in full manual. The blinkers, and shifting will take getting used to. Super happy I had the Clearplex, as not even 7-8 miles in, got a big rock, that nicked the Clearplex. I would have not wanted to see what would have happened with out it.

Gave the family rides, right away. So fun. So weather is supposed to be good the next few days, so might just drive it some more as time today only allowed maybe 40 miles.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
So a quick update to this thread. After taking delivery, letting the paint sit for 30 days, then full Xpel (topside, inside, and a bunch on the underside), exoticare mats, Clearplex, DBK rock screens, today was the day.......

I finally drove it .....

WOW what a trip. the sounds, the power delivery everything. It is a WILD machine. I only drove it in full manual. The blinkers, and shifting will take getting used to. Super happy I had the Clearplex, as not even 7-8 miles in, got a big rock, that nicked the Clearplex. I would have not wanted to see what would have happened with out it.

Gave the family rides, right away. So fun. So weather is supposed to be good the next few days, so might just drive it some more as time today only allowed maybe 40 miles.

Awesome buddy.. My GT's never leave the Garage with out a piece of Clearplex film on them .. 3500 +miles on Stormy already have a bunch of nicks in mine. It's doing the job.. The Gorilla combo glass is very thin and breaks very easily ..

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Wow, so very excited for you. I can just imagine the thrill!

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA

I finally drove it .....

Good list of the must-do's before all-out driving!

Enjoy the heck out of it

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Awesome to follow you guys with your amazing NFGT. Very happy for you. Car looks amazing.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
remember Andy,.." no track type driving till after 600 miles and the oil and filter change, :):)
andy (ajb)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Another quick drive this morning (an no I wont post every drive I ever make). To elaborate on the sounds, everybody mentions it, but it is still understated. If your an audiophile and into high end audio, its like high quality stereo imaging, where you know the sound is coming from only 2 speakers, but there is a 3D layered surrounding sound stage that's created in your mind. There are wirr's, wizzes, buzzes, whooshes, clicks, and whines. CONSTANTLY, its fascinating. I think part of the dynamic is that the noise floor is already quite high because of the exhaust note. Speaking of that.... Anyone concerned about the sound vs a V-8? It does sound different of course, but get over it, it sounds (insert f bomb) AWESOME.

I really hope I get to speak with people "in the know" about all the sounds, because I have a ferocious appetite to learn what they all are.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Not to worry, but I do need to order the supplies for this SOON. Speaking of oil changes, be happy the rear diffuser doesn't have to come off for an oil change. It is much more involved than the 05-06.... But there are still 36 screws to take out for the mid belly pan.

remember Andy,.." no track type driving till after 600 miles and the oil and filter change, :):)
andy (ajb)

Every bit of the car exudes quality, just for example look in the lower rear screen at the back of the car, just look in awe at the milled aluminum exhaust grommet / hanger.

Also while under there, I have never been under a car with out a bell housing. As the clutches are internal to the transmission, there is a visible shaft from the engine to the transmission.

Total geek fest (sorry)

Diffuser:

Attachments

• IMG_20180429_130012179.jpg
    IMG_20180429_130012179.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20180429_130030694.jpg
    IMG_20180429_130030694.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 231

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Not so fast. Who here would like Andy to post his experience of every drive he takes? I'm thinking yes ....!

Vince H

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Not so fast. Who here would like Andy to post his experience of every drive he takes? I'm thinking yes ....!

Vince H

I second that.