Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
I think this author is way off base in his assessment.20170504_122236.jpg

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
So I am going to sell mine because a GT500 has more HP and the GT350R handles better? Right.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
don't agree at all

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Good thing I could care less.

Vince H

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I will be visiting with Keith Martin this weekend at Keels & Wheels in Sea Brook, Texas about the article in his magazine as to valuations of the Ford GT. One other article in his magazine a few years ago wasn't too correct either. I'll see what his feelings are on value. Aaron Shelby will be there also so well double team him! Ha Ha PS Let us never forget magazine articles are written to SELL Magazines.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
This has to be the stupidest thing I have read today, probably all week.

Does this article really claim the reason the 05 06 GT was a hit is because it was state of the art at its time and thats it? So any company that makes cars that are faster and handle better today than their previous car (regardless of which cars they are) will make the value of the previous car less? was this written by a 5 year old?

if the 05 06 prices have flattened out a bit this will be temporary until all the hoopla is over about the new GT. Once things calm down and its business as usual the 05 06 will be just fine.
Frankly I hope they go down I would but another.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Keith has had a hard on for GTs for some time . I don't get it but he seems single handedly bent on lowering the market. I love the mag and he helped me buy a car once, but something or somebody must have pissed him off.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
As if it's as easy as trading your old GT for a new one. So stupid.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
If you really want to learn skepticism for the pundits, just look at how far out of wack they are when they report on a story where, you, as the reader, have better information. This article is absurd.

The premise that owners of the older model (FGT) will bail out to buy the newer model (NGT) is the novice answer if we are talking about Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini. Speaking as one who just plunked down a sizable amount on the "older model" and has no intention of buying the newer, there is no rational way to compare the two cars. They are not competitors, but a complimentary pair celebrating different ideas; the FGT is modern V8 Le Mans nostalgia is an engineering package that takes no prisoners. The NGT is Ford showing what the modern version of a Le Mans winner looks like...two great cars, but certainly not competitors for the same buyer. Indeed, lots of guys on here will have both and will consider selling neither.

Yawn...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
He is predicting white cars (as shown) and not RED or other colors

Tomcat

GT Owner
If you really want to learn skepticism for the pundits, just look at how far out of wack they are when they report on a story where, you, as the reader, have better information.
Yawn...

Nothing to do with SCM but I 100% agree with the statement above. I have (often unfortunately) been personally aware/involved in 3-4 events that made it on to the headlines and when I read the news articles I did not recognize the events as I witnessed them.

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
I just dont think the magazines own auction reports back up this recent article20170422_151642.jpg

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
20170422_151840.jpg

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
He is predicting white cars (as shown) and not RED or other colors

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best.:biggrin

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Let's start a poll - how many new GT recipients will have to sell their 05/06 cars to get the new one? I'm guessing that number will be super-low. The author is trying to introduce mass market-vehicle sensibilities into a car that is a 100% emotional purchase. He is FOS!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I doubt any single owner FGT sold for the NGT, however, I think a few multiple FGT owners have sold a car...or unloaded some other cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Let's start a poll - how many new GT recipients will have to sell their 05/06 cars to get the new one? I'm guessing that number will be super-low.

I'm not sure that many folks will volunteer for that poll (though I do know of one or two already).

That said, I think that Nautoncall is exactly right. The market for any car thins out when you get to around a half mil, so if multiple FGT owners were to thin the collection, you could have a supply/demand imbalance. For a little while.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I'm selling a kidney, but not my '05. Does that count?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Nothing to do with SCM but I 100% agree with the statement above. I have (often unfortunately) been personally aware/involved in 3-4 events that made it on to the headlines and when I read the news articles I did not recognize the events as I witnessed them.
Boy, I can sure relate to that. Ask me sometime at one of the Rallies...

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Let's start a poll - how many new GT recipients will have to sell their 05/06 cars to get the new one? I'm guessing that number will be super-low. The author is trying to introduce mass market-vehicle sensibilities into a car that is a 100% emotional purchase. He is FOS!

Yup

Not sure why, but SCM has always seemed to have a rather negative view on the Ford GT (and the 69-70 Boss 302 too)