33423667492_c659f1eeea_b.jpg

33580455945_7952f0d21e_b.jpg

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I'm workin on it! :lol

We have basically the harshest lighting environment on earth here. Just straight, killer fluorescent lights. Very hard to get accurate photos. This is...close-ish. The color changes a lot. Outside it's very, very different. With light on it, it's very different along the curves of the body. As the studio would say, it has a lot of "flop" or "travel."

View attachment 45695

FWIW - the car is Liquid Blue, Alloy Stripes, Dark Energy Upgrade interior, Matte Carbon Lowers, Matte Carbon Wheels and red calipers. It's really, really nice. I was not a fan of the Matte CF wheels on the silver cars I've seen it on. It works very well on this spec.

Sweet orange GT in the background. :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sweet orange GT in the background. :)

It's red on my monitor Dreamy B.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
As much as I want to, I am not digging the Liquid Blue.

Haters gonna hate. :biggrin

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Get a 18% gray card (old photographers reference for exposure and color). Then adjust the color temperature of the camera to give a faithful neutral gray.

Alternately you can use Photoshop or other tools to adjust the "white point" of a known white reference [the car looks like a faithful white, but it is not a true white.] Try a piece of printer paper and remember that it is probably 90% reflectance (just as the 18% card is 18%).

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
That blue is one of my choices but it may be gone in 2018. Other than the matte CF it is close to my choice: very nice! I am having problems with the delivery dealers here in NorCal so I may have to choose the Garagemahal delivery option!!!

Ed

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
That blue is one of my choices but it may be gone in 2018. Other than the matte CF it is close to my choice: very nice! I am having problems with the delivery dealers here in NorCal so I may have to choose the Garagemahal delivery option!!!

Ed

Gone !!!! Say it ain't so Ed. What's the scoop?

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
The blue is not my favorite, but surprisingly those stripes enhance it for me. Love the matte CF. Spaceship.

Not surprisingly, those "old" GTs still hold their own in the same space. These photos of them together are sublime.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
awesome car !! They all look great !! congrats to the new owner !!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Gone !!!! Say it ain't so Ed. What's the scoop?

Signed up delivery dealer in my area snubbed me. I showed up looking like DBK (minus beard & plus 20 years - LOL) & the highest guy I could talk to was the "Internet Manager" who had no clue about the NGT. He did say the owner was getting a NGT this year. He took me to an office where some clerical looking guy took my name & number & said "someone would be in touch". 5 days later no call. They won't ever deliver or service my NGT.

Ed

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Signed up delivery dealer in my area snubbed me. I showed up looking like DBK (minus beard & plus 20 years - LOL) & the highest guy I could talk to was the "Internet Manager" who had no clue about the NGT. He did say the owner was getting a NGT this year. He took me to an office where some clerical looking guy took my name & number & said "someone would be in touch". 5 days later no call. They won't ever deliver or service my NGT.

Ed

What's the word on not having the blue for2018.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida

Ed

Also, aren't you a little premature in selecting the dealer this far out?

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Haven't seen a color on a NGT that I don't like so far.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Identical to what I would order if I ordered today but probably no stripe. Love it!

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Hi Ed, I would love to help you out. We can arrange and handle the delivery for you, even out of state. Give me a call or send me a message. Thanks! Kevin Koshkarian 313-387-7304

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Beautiful, and unique with the dark gray metallic stripes!

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hi Ed, I would love to help you out. We can arrange and handle the delivery for you, even out of state. Give me a call or send me a message. Thanks! Kevin Koshkarian 313-387-7304

Thanks Kevin. I'll call you.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Also, aren't you a little premature in selecting the dealer this far out?

I don't want to wait until later (yes, I have one year) to select the dealership. It's nice to have a plan.

Ed

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
very nice spec - would like to see a gloss carbon version next to this car

sdgt

Aug 28, 2016
Ed
I have a question regarding your delivery. Check your messages.

Robert

Last edited: