FOR SALE: 2005 Black No Stripe Heffner TT.......5,875 miles

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Just a few words about this car and the V2 Heffner system. The exhaust manifolds, and downpipes to the turbos were ceramic coated my Embee coating in Santa Ana. They do a LOT of the coating for Aerospace applications and ventured into the car business later. This is top quality stuff. Also, each of the turbos have custom turbo-blankets to 1) cut down once again on engine bay temps and; 2) keep the heat/efficiency in the turbos. Additionally and not part of the standard V2 install is the in-cabin digital boost gauge/boost controller. This allows you to choose among 1-6 pre-programmed boost levels for the car. (In Tom's car we programmed 4 levels, I believe.) The car always wakes -up in level 1 mode which is essentially running at the wastegate spring (minumum) boost level which is about 11psi. Perfectly safe for pump gas 91 octane and even at 3psi less than OEM boost levels, this car is MUCH faster than OEM due to the effciency of the turbos over the stock SC. If I recall correctly the next setting, "2" requiring a single button push with take the car to 15-16psi and it becomes a real terror on the streets. Noticeably faster and more responsive - and still OK to run on pump gas but you need to know where you're pointed. Setting 3 I believe we have set in the 19 psi range and I would start recommending a higher octane fuel at this point and I believe the car is in the vicinity of 900 RWHP. Setting 4 is set for approximately 22 psi and this for sure you want 110 Octane plus and I know that Tom always managed this carefully. This is what I like about the TT set-ups. The ability to run a docile, 11 psi (less than factory) boost level - and still literally kill just about anything else on the road. Then, with a mere button press you can awaken another couple hundred horses to bring to bear. A VERY engaging and fun car to drive - with selectable personalities. (Wouldn't we all want spouses with these same features!)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Just a few words about this car and the V2 Heffner system. The exhaust manifolds, and downpipes to the turbos were ceramic coated my Embee coating in Santa Ana. They do a LOT of the coating for Aerospace applications and ventured into the car business later. This is top quality stuff. Also, each of the turbos have custom turbo-blankets to 1) cut down once again on engine bay temps and; 2) keep the heat/efficiency in the turbos. Additionally and not part of the standard V2 install is the in-cabin digital boost gauge/boost controller. This allows you to choose among 1-6 pre-programmed boost levels for the car. (In Tom's car we programmed 4 levels, I believe.) The car always wakes -up in level 1 mode which is essentially running at the wastegate spring (minumum) boost level which is about 11psi. Perfectly safe for pump gas 91 octane and even at 3psi less than OEM boost levels, this car is MUCH faster than OEM due to the effciency of the turbos over the stock SC. If I recall correctly the next setting, "2" requiring a single button push with take the car to 15-16psi and it becomes a real terror on the streets. Noticeably faster and more responsive - and still OK to run on pump gas but you need to know where you're pointed. Setting 3 I believe we have set in the 19 psi range and I would start recommending a higher octane fuel at this point and I believe the car is in the vicinity of 900 RWHP. Setting 4 is set for approximately 22 psi and this for sure you want 110 Octane plus and I know that Tom always managed this carefully. This is what I like about the TT set-ups. The ability to run a docile, 11 psi (less than factory) boost level - and still literally kill just about anything else on the road. Then, with a mere button press you can awaken another couple hundred horses to bring to bear. A VERY engaging and fun car to drive - with selectable personalities. (Wouldn't we all want spouses with these same features!)

Obviously, with a complete change of fuel octane level in the tank before changing...

dshears

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 26, 2009
Fremont Ca
Obviously, with a complete change of fuel octane level in the tank before changing...

Is that for the GT or the spouse?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV

Thank you Kendall for the detailed description of things that I very poorly conveyed when I talked to the last half a dozen people who called me about the car. After we discussed driving and the basic tech things I do understand I was referring them to Kendall for tech talk.

For those of you that don't know, Kendall is the first GT owner/Forum member I ever met. I was poking around the Forum in early 08 looking for my first GT asking typical newbie questions. I found a car I thought I wanted and Kendall offered to go look at it with me. Well, I did not end up buying that car but by the end of lunch I realized I found someone I could trust with the eventual GT that I would buy.

I have never been very good at speaking tech. Sure I know horsepower or 0-60, 60-130 or top run times at a mile event but I am and always will be interested in the driving part more than the tech part. Besides our life/personal conversations when it came to the GT and upgrades I usually asked three questions. Will it make the car go faster? Will it hurt the car because I am unwilling to do that? And finally what will this cost?? :lol Other than that the rest of the tech stuff I just did not understand as I barely know which end of a screwdriver to use. (sad but true :facepalm: )

That said I was very lucky to find Kendall. He nursed me through meeting my speed goals and keeping my car safe. While I can tell you all day about how the car drives, the tech stuff I am just not that great at. I can say my first GT was version 1 with no in cabin boost controller and my second is version 2 with the upgrades Kendall mentioned above and there was a huge difference between the two. The in cabin boost controller delivered the boost you were expecting at the touch of a button rather than going back to the engine bay turning a knob and hoping that you were getting the boost level you wanted. Also the car ran much cooler version 2 than my first one.

And don't worry Ralphie.......I was very good at coasting into events with the fuel light on, bone empty and then filling up with the good stuff before an event.

Thanks again Kendall and Ryan. I will always be grateful for all you have done for Summer and I in our GT adventures.

And thanks to all the people who have contacted me about the car. Honestly it is great that people are interested but it is freaking me out a bit :willy as selling the car is seeming more real than ever and every time I talk about the car it makes me question my decision to sell.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Very neat car.
Best of luck with the sale!
Mark

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Your car looks absolutely fantastic Tom. Each day that your GT remains for sale, is another day that we, the forum family, are fortunate to have you and Summer as active members.

The memories and your friendship will always be remembered and appreciated long after the car is gone.

BTW, did I mention it looks fantastic!

Good luck to you in all you do and hope that you will not be a stranger wherever your path leads you.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Off the market until at least mid October.............

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Does that mean you are coming to rally 8?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Does that mean you are coming to rally 8?

Hey Randy,

I would actually love to hit up NoCal for the Rally however my ability to get away during the week is virtually impossible in the fall, which is why I have never made a Rally. :frown

Summer and I made the mistake of looking at some in car vids from the last time we did Mojave a couple weeks ago and we both decided that since the car was still here we just HAD to make time to get in some more 200mph fun. :lol :cheers

I probably won't try to seriously "sell" again until spring............if at all. :wink

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
Great choice!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Hey Randy,

I would actually love to hit up NoCal for the Rally however my ability to get away during the week is virtually impossible in the fall, which is why I have never made a Rally. :frown

Summer and I made the mistake of looking at some in car vids from the last time we did Mojave a couple weeks ago and we both decided that since the car was still here we just HAD to make time to get in some more 200mph fun. :lol :cheers

I probably won't try to seriously "sell" again until spring............if at all. :wink

I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Good for you Skyrex.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Great choice!

Thanks. By the way love the new avatar. Great photo!!

Hope you are enjoying all that "authentic" Chinese food. :wink :lol :cheers

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i tried to sell my C5 Z06 in 2008 and again earlier this year and i still own it. some cars just don't want to leave, lol

09redviper

Dec 14, 2012
Skyrex, I would like u to send me some more pics, please.
My email is aaljabir890@gmail.com

Iam in the market for a TT FGT :)
Thanks.

09redviper

Dec 14, 2012
Sorry I added my email, but iam not able to send you a PM. Also,the only question I have about this FGT is how much you asking for it. Please PM me.

I have interest.
I don't go onto the forum often so pls write or call
Ken
Ken@marlinllc.com
917 405-6634