Price guess on Tungsten this evening

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Lucky the Heritage went first and set the bar so high but how will it transfer with different color and not in wrapper?
I will guess 285K all included which is higher than I would have yesterday.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
More like 300K.

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Really tough to say. To me, Heritage will always be worth substantially more than any other color. It's not that it's just a different color with a fairly low volume, it's that it's a wacky paint scheme that pays homage to specific racing history done by the factory. The Gulf paint scheme makes people go nuts.

If I had to guess, I think you're right on in the high 2's, but who knows? Could be additional GT mania, or people could feel like last night's explosion was enough.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
What are the specs/mileage of this car?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Hmmm. That CA registration disclaimer is odd.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Hmmm. That CA registration disclaimer is odd.

Yes it is. The car has the stock muffler and, I would assume, the catalytic converters too. Maybe it has a pulley/tune.

It will be interesting to see what this Midnight Blue with 3200 miles brings later this month.

http://auctionsamerica.com/events/f...rder&feature=&collection=&grouping=&category=

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I would guess under $250k unless you get a guy like yesterday that's willing to pay pretty much anything it takes to get it. I will be happy for all if it brings more...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The CA disclaimer is most likely not due to any emissions issues but because of their silly rules about a car from out of California coming in with low miles. They will force you to pay CA taxes as though you bought it there. This is to prevent someone from CA buying a car from out of state, driving it for a while, bringing it to CA and claiming that all registrations and taxes were paid in the other jurisdiction.

Does it say this car is still on MSO? If so a CA buyer would be scrod. (That is the past pluperfect of screwed, or a generic white fish in New England. Both the same thing.)

[edit: It's not stated as on MSO but maybe it is, and I thought the mileage thing only lasted for a few years.]

Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I'm genuinely thrilled for all those involved with the BIG money on the Heritage; buyer/seller, designers, builders, enthusiasts, etc. I even feel some vicarious satisfaction knowing the contingent of arrogant Fcar owners have a murder of crows on their plate..... but.. I'm not ashamed to say I hope this car brings a more reasonable price. The value of my personal GT is meaningless, except for the more valuable it becomes the more everything costs to support driving it. Plus the day when I can own two is quickly moving past my expiration date.

Here's to hoping those with F U money move on to the next shiny thing. :cheers

[video=youtube;Cu1JMbSLPvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu1JMbSLPvc[/video]

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I would also say 240--250 unless a couple of guys who missed out on the Heritage get in a bidding war and Alcohol/testosterone kicks in.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Im buying a salvage Heritage and banking it in storage

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
I'll guess 260k

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I would guess under $250k unless you get a guy like yesterday that's willing to pay pretty much anything it takes to get it. I will be happy for all if it brings more...

Hammer at $245k.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I would also say 240--250 unless a couple of guys who missed out on the Heritage get in a bidding war and Alcohol/testosterone kicks in.[/QUOT

Damn, I am good

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Damn, I am good

I should have quoted you too.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
based on this sale and the heritage sale it appears to me that the value of all GT's have gone up at least 10% over night....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Bummer, they cut for commercial and cut to a "reprise". No stripe car, it sure was pretty.

I was hoping they'd have have it on live so they could explain the no CA deal. Maybe someone was there and can say if they did.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
based on this sale and the heritage sale it appears to me that the value of all GT's have gone up at least 10% over night....

Would be nice. My experience with classic cars is that 2-3 auction results do not always define a market.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Would be nice. My experience with classic cars is that 2-3 auction results do not always define a market.
+100000000000000000000000000