Miami speeding ticket- Attorney?

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
Rental car, vacation, etc. 82 in a 65. Will it transfer to WI? Pay it and move on?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Usually tickets dont transfer from state to state, but I am not an expert....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Obviously not. :lol

It depends on the state. My infractions from Ohio and Indiana have showed up on my Michigan record. Infractions from other states haven't. You can probably check online to see if they have reciprocity.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I usually just google traffic lawyer in the area where ticket was given and start calling. I have got out of a bunch by doing this. It can cost anywhere between 150 and 400 bucks. Same thing here some states I have gotten tickets in show up in MN and some do not.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I found a good traffic attorney in N.Florida - Jacksonville area. Not sure if will help in Miami as 300 mi away. They got rid of my points for my so called speeding and illegally passing whilst in the 458. Can PM me for info if think it would help in S.Florida.

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
Thanks for all of the responces, It took awhile to remember, but I have a bussiness contact in N. Miami/Broward that might ocasionally deal with a few traffic violations or spirited driving infractions. Rumor is that for the right amount and plea, the ticket is not recorded.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Thanks for all of the responces, It took awhile to remember, but I have a bussiness contact in N. Miami/Broward that might ocasionally deal with a few traffic violations or spirited driving infractions. Rumor is that for the right amount and plea, the ticket is not recorded.

If I recall - a good attorney can plead nolo contendere (or something like that) - in effect you don't plead guilty or innocent per se. You do pay court costs ( which typically are more than the ticket) plus attorney fees etc... but you don't get the points and thus no insurance change.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
Rental car, vacation, etc. 82 in a 65. Will it transfer to WI? Pay it and move on?

The ticket / points will not transfer to your state although most states have a sharing system which means your state will know about the ticket but not put points on your license ( a simple call to your dmv will confirm this and you should). That said, what will happen is it will show up on your insurance because they use a national database which is what could be costly.

You should hire a local atty to represent you and plead it down to a violation other than speeding. The 200 or 300 is worth it.

Take if from somebody who has an annual budget for these kinds of things because my right leg is a little heavy....

Last edited:

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
I live in Miami and I have TICKET CLINIC on my Iphone :biggrin

They specialize in tickets

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I got a ticket in Ohio driving home from the Virginia Rally - it showed up in Texas within a few days! I got a letter from DPS about how many points I'd racked up. I don't know if they have it in Florida, but in Texas you can do a defensive driving course on line that negates the ticket, plus gets you a discount on your insurnace - I think you're allowed one of these per year.

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
I live in Miami and I have TICKET CLINIC on my Iphone :biggrin

They specialize in tickets

Have they been able to help?

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
I still have my license :biggrin

so yes, they are quite good & not very expensive

How many mph over where you ? In FL Reckless driving is +30 so I always drive 20-25 over

Danger of +25 is that FL legislators or judges allow the Cops to "estimate" your speed which they always estimate to at least +31

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
I still have my license :biggrin

so yes, they are quite good & not very expensive

How many mph over where you ? In FL Reckless driving is +30 so I always drive 20-25 over

Danger of +25 is that FL legislators or judges allow the Cops to "estimate" your speed which they always estimate to at least +31

82 in a 65 zone that just change from a 70 zone, rental car, just keeping up with traffic, etc.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Life is too short...I just pay them on the spot and move on... at a slower speed of course....
ajb

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
82 in a 65 zone that just change from a 70 zone, rental car, just keeping up with traffic, etc.

Good, not a big deal then

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Life is too short...I just pay them on the spot and move on... at a slower speed of course....
ajb

I totally disagree. Fight them. It is only one now but you get a second one and you get labeled a high risk.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
................ ( a simple call to your dmv............).....

Now if that isn't an oxymoron, I don't know what is!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Now if that isn't an oxymoron, I don't know what is!!!

:rofl

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
FWIW, 2 years ago, on vacation got a 40ish in an avtive school zone (25), in Marathon. was able to pay the fine, and take a 4 hour on line "school". no points.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I got a speeding ticket in Texas this year (11 mph over also in a rental car) and when I paid it they told me that since I was from out of state, for an extra $80 and assuming I didn't get another ticket within 90 days, they would not send notification to AZ. No class required. That was a bargain. An attorney will either get you out of it or tell you how to minimize the damage.

Chip