The GT Guys and Torrie coming to Minneapolis

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
A number of us Minneapolis area locals are coordinating with the GT Guys and Torrie to come out the first week in May to do some work on our respective cars.

Location – Probably at my place @ Automotorplex in Chanhassen.
Date –TBD, but figure May 2-4’ish.

Our local ‘MN Cars & Coffee’ event is on Saturday May 5th.* If we have enough participation/interest, we might be able to pull off a Ford GT show within a show.

We’re going to try and line up a local dyno place where Torrie can work his magic.

A short list of things they have done at other events (taken off another thread): short shifters, cars lowered, pulley and tunes, routine service, alignments, Whipple installs, 30# boost gauges, air fuel gauges, bumper deletes, double dins installed, back up cameras, sub woofer deletes, exhausts, body alignments, door adjustments.

If you have an interest in having the GT Guys and/or Torrie do some work on your car, please PM me or respond here by Jan 31. We need to coordinate our/their schedules to ensure everyone gets what they want done. You will ultimately speak to them individually re your respective wish list/cost.

If you just want to come out and meet the guys and other FGT owners, I’ll be posting the dates/times/location info in a few weeks.

On our list now:

• Me
  • MN Jason
  • 33Bravo
  • Otis
Mods – could you please sticky this?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Subscribed

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
To get the list started here is my wish list.

CDC bumper delete with Heffner exhaust
Mount my T&A coil-overs and get an alignment
Install my short shifter
Add a pulley and tune
Accufab throttle body and air inlet support (intake?)
Exchange out my bad voltage gauge with my new one or exchange them all for speed hut gauges
Transaxle cooler

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Don't you have a Cobra to finish? ;-)

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Woohoo !

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Don't you have a Cobra to finish? ;-)

Nope it's with the painter! Next time I see it it's ready to drive. My ADD might just force me to get a new toy. Did just get my sled back from Skinz. A bit off topic, but really excited to get this one out in the mountains. A little turbo for the winter months.

IMG_0285.jpg

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

:)

Once we get our respective acts together, Otis will coordinate with you and the GT guys.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Nope it's with the painter! Next time I see it it's ready to drive. My ADD might just force me to get a new toy. Did just get my sled back from Skinz. A bit off topic, but really excited to get this one out in the mountains. A little turbo for the winter months.

Nice.. should keep your adrenaline pumping til you get the Cobra back.

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Please let us know ASAP if there is any other interest in having your car worked on by either The GT Guys or Torrie the first week of May. We are finalizing our lists.

Otis

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I'd like to upgrade my exhaust, and add a transmission cooler.
Jim

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
To be official on the record:

Torrie: 2.5" pulley tune (I purchased the SCT tuner from Torrie)

GT Guys (waiting for estimate) - but for sure the installation of my short throw shifter. Likely: Subwoofer relocate.

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Has everyone been able to contact Rich for their intended service and mods?

Otis

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Yes!

Has everyone been able to contact Rich for their intended service and mods?

Otis

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I got a hold of him and have what I need. Once we settle on a date and place I'll be all set!

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Yes.

Let's nail down a date and get it on.

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Gentlemen,

Do you still have room for one more GT for this event? Don' t need any major work, just all fluids changed. (less oil change) and possibly mounting some Bridgestones if I can coordinate getting the tires shipped to Minneapolis and if the GT Guys would have access to mounting and balancing equipment.

I would drive the GT over from Wisconsin.

Jeff

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Sure coordinate with Rich what you want. Pm me for email address. We have an email chain going for this.

Otis

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Sure coordinate with Rich what you want. Pm me for email address. We have an email chain going for this.

Otis

+1 Jeff

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Just to post the details.

May 1st Rich to arrive for partial work day if necessary
May 2nd work day
May 3th work day
May 4th dyno day with Torrie in Plymouth
May 5th Cars and Coffee

If any questions let me know.

Otis

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Does everyone have an SCT programmer ? If anyone needs then I can bring units with me.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Does everyone have an SCT programmer ? If anyone needs then I can bring units with me.

Yes! (I bought it from you)