hello gt friends from blighty

panterasteve

GT Owner
May 23, 2011
england
hi gt community im new here so id just like to introduce myself and say hello to you all.
my name is steve and from england and ive just recently purchased gt in blue / stripes 401263 and one of the uk spec cars.
im glad ive found you guys as they are a very rare car in uk so glad to know there help not too far away when i need it but hopefully my new gt love will last forever!
ps is it normal to now be in the garage constanly drooling over the gt :biggrin

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
hi gt community im new here so id just like to introduce myself and say hello to you all.
my name is steve and from england and ive just recently purchased gt in blue / stripes 401263 and one of the uk spec cars.
im glad ive found you guys as they are a very rare car in uk so glad to know there help not too far away when i need it but hopefully my new gt love will last forever!
ps is it normal to now be in the garage constanly drooling over the gt :biggrin
Welcome, and yes it's normal!!!

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Welcome. Congratulation on finding a "great" car.:thumbsup The "Drooling" never stops.:lol Just need a few pub runs to replenish the fluids.( not in the GT)....
Endless fun on the "B" roads. :banana

Off to finish watch qualifying .:biggrin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Use the search button on the forum.Its a great tool .
Come and join us at the rally ,even if you don’t take your Gt .You will have a blast!
The Gt is like a women you never get sick of! I am lucky enough to say I have a wife like that!
You are very lucky ! Enjoy your new gal!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome aboard! Save your legs from exhaustion - put a chair in the garage. :thumbsup

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Congrats and welcome.

Aug 25, 2006
Congradulations and all the best with your new gal

There is no doubt that some quiet time alone (drooling over them) is enjoyed by all and yet the real thrill and pleasure comes through the act of exercing them.

Takes care

Shadowman

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
4 months later and I still drool every time I walk by her...
A 458/599 wouldn't make me drool like the GT does, but maybe an Aventador would...LOL

H

HHGT

Congrats and welcome. Easy on the Gas pedal....

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Yes HHGT - Apple and BMW suck big...LOL

I'm a Microsoft/Linux and American cars guy!!

Mar 15, 2006
Hi Steve, from blighty. I am in the UK for Goodwood. Any chance you will be coming this week? I will be at the supercar paddock. Please stop by and say hello.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Aloha, Steve. Glad to have you in the "club".

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Welcome aboard mate. Give us an idea where you're at in the UK so that you can get together with other UK members. Remember, don't punch the gas unless the steering wheel is straight.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Welcome! You are going to love your car! There are a few other members over there in the UK.

tony h

GT Owner
Jun 16, 2010
United Kingdom
Welcome! You are going to love your car! There are a few other members over there in the UK.

Hi

If there are any get togethers in UK, would love to know.

Have comunicated with Steve and its good that we have a small gathering of cars in the North of England.

Steve doesnt live that far from me and it would be good to have a day out showing the cars off.:biggrin

There is another guy with 2 FGT that lives 25 miles or so from me also - maybe Lawrence would come for a day out?

A thread says dont punch the gas until in a straight line......excellent words of wisdom.

These cars are very powerful and whilst they are your best freind, its like having the grim reaper next to you, sitting.....watching....waiting :lol:lol:lol

Will hopefully get together soon........Tony

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Hi Steve,
I think it's completely normal to drool over the car constantly. I've got mine for a year now and still completely uterly in love with her. You'd be thinking about upgrades soon. I promise you

panterasteve

GT Owner
May 23, 2011
england
thanks for the welcome everyone and will take it steady with the throttle which is good advice !
ive had plenty of driving backwards moments in my old pantera to last a lifetime and dont want to try it just yet in the gt...

also dont you think the internet is great as if wasnt for this id doubt i would have a gt now and i bet a lot of you guys too .
i found my gt on pistonheads a uk car forum for sale and then through a ferrari forum i found a gt owner who put me in touch with dave at mountune who knew the gt and confirmed it was a good one hence me buying it.
and here we all are with all the info at fingers tip touch to keep our gt,s in fine fettle.
what would we do with out our laptops now i wonder !

sorry hennessey couldnt make goodwood but one day i will as it would be nice to see some other gts and maybe original gt40too.

tony h , ive got your tel number in my phone so i will ring you and talk gt and hopefully meet up on one of the adams supercar meets.

fordcapri

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
If you are interested, there is 57 UK registered Ford GTs, and I believe a couple unregistered. If you have not been to Goodwood, you do not know what you are missing, and is a must for any car enthusiast. I shall be
attending Castle Combe on Saturday for the RS Ford Show, and there is usually a couple of GTs in attendance
and my annual pilgrimage to Goodwood on Sunday.