917 RWHP, The Adventure Continues 4.0 Whip & Accufab

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
We broke the 900 barier and ran out of fuel before we could finish tuning. This was just after we replaced the old Accufab body with the new single blade on the back of the 4.0 Whipple . An initial increase of about 30 hp is what we have come up with so far. This is in conjunction with the other 16 changes we have done so far, some more significant than others. We believe that we can achieve 1000 RWHP with out going into the engine. And the adventure continues! :cheers

Attachments

• Red GT.jpg
    Red GT.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 910
  • dynojet.jpg
    dynojet.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 914
Last edited:

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Congrats. That is awesome.

Does the small picture make the numbers look BIGGER? lol.

The attached images ... well, they are just very small. For some reason they wont expand to bigger.

I don't know, but there is something inside me that just want to make something bigger. Call me crazy.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
We broke the 900 barier and ran out of fuel before we could finish tuning. This was just after we replaced the old Accufab body with the new single blade on the back of the 4.0 Whipple . An initial increase of about 30 hp is what we have come up with so far. This is in conjunction with the other 16 changes we have done so far, some more significant than others. We believe that we can achieve 1000 RWHP with out going into the engine. And the adventure continues! :cheers

'Memory fails. Does wunna the 16 changes you've made include changing the fuel pump (pumps?) in the gas tank? Or have you "gone there" yet?

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
'Memory fails. Does wunna the 16 changes you've made include changing the fuel pump (pumps?) in the gas tank? Or have you "gone there" yet?

I have been in the fuel tank, it was not a pleasent experience. But remember sucessful people go where others won't. :wink

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
917hp is very impressive sir. Is that with 105? Did you even bother with a pump gas tune? Where were the pumps and fuel injectors at (duty cycle)?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
hot DAMN, THATS AWESOME! please post particulars, fuel used, boost level, timing, etc.. also bigger dyno graph :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I have been in the fuel tank, it was not a pleasent experience. But remember sucessful people go where others won't. :wink

Amen to the latter!

I seem to vaguely remember you posting something to the effect that the experience was akin to having a root canal done...sans the anesthesia.:wink

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
Amen to the latter!

I seem to vaguely remember you posting something to the effect that the experience was akin to having a root canal done...sans the anesthesia.:wink

Sounds like the perfect job for Soroush.

SAGT

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2009
Idle quality

Did the idle quality suffer?

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Here is a better look at the dyno run. Fuel pumps at 39lbs, injectors 76% duty cycle, timming at 18 degrees and on 104 Sonoco fuel. We did not get a reading on the pump gas. The single blade throttel body works great at an idle. On slight acceloration it is just a little more agressive ( hardly noticeable) Don't let the figures fool you. There is much more to it to achieve these numbers than just throwing on a Whipple and an Accufab throttle body. Take my word for it, if you do not have the time, paitence and money do not attempt this at home! :frown

Attachments

• dyno run gt.jpg
    dyno run gt.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Here is a better look at the dyno run. Fuel pumps at 39lbs, injectors 76% duty cycle, timming at 18 degrees and on 104 Sonoco fuel. We did not get a reading on the pump gas. The single blade throttel body works great at an idol. On slight acceloration it is just a little more agressive ( hardly noticeable) Don't let the figures fool you. There is much more to it to achieve these numbers than just throwing on a Whipple and an Accufab throttle body. Take my word for it, if you do not have the time, paitence and money do not attempt this at home! :frown

Just curious why you didn't just bolt on a pair of turbos? Seems like all the extra time and effort could have been spent on a TT kit.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
24.68lb of boost, stock motor,:eek

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
24.68lb of boost, stock motor,:eek

Mine was creeping up to 29 on the stock motor at the mile. I'd say 26 peak is "safe" in a TT application. Is a SC setup apples to apples when comparing boost to a TT setup?

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Mine was creeping up to 29 on the stock motor at the mile. I'd say 26 peak is "safe" in a TT application. Is a SC setup apples to apples when comparing boost to a TT setup?

I know there are some variables on a SC verces a TT but the most important thing is to keep the inner cooler temps down. To hot and you will fry! I will find out when I go out to the track next. TT are great! But there is just something about a Hemi under:biggrin glass with a BLOWER on it! :biggrin

Attachments

• hemi.jpg
    hemi.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 391

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Nice!

Hmm, 24+ PSI of boost, now is have to put the 23 PSI pulley on my Gen 1 Whipple to see what she will do. :biggrin

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
tough engines

I decided to take the low load route. 17 lb boost with over 800 rwhp on 91 octane. It should run for 100,000+ miles like that!

Ed

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I decided to take the low load route. 17 lb boost with over 800 rwhp on 91 octane. It should run for 100,000+ miles like that!

Ed

I took the same route as Ed.....but with a totally different route.... stock motor, turbos...17 psi, pump gas, over 800 rwhp, and hopefully long term trouble free operation! :cheers

Congrats on the 4.0 Whipple numbers, rockstar....that torque curve is amazing!

Sanjay

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006

Ed

Ok so what is your set up? I have a 22 pund pulley I see 19 20 psi a mile and I am at 743 do tell

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Ok so what is your set up? I have a 22 pund pulley I see 19 20 psi a mile and I am at 743 do tell

Ed has a fully built motor with ported head! flows just a little better than stock.:wink

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Most of the engine mods

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/portal/module.php?id=project_WhiteLightening2

The rest of the story

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/portal/module.php?id=project_WhiteLightening