Rally IV News - Who's Coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Don't know the owner of this vid but this is the 2.9 mile course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G9HsWDx_RQ

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, and if you don't, blame Peak!

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Please add two more to this event. Due to the hurricane last year I did not make the Vegas trip but my car was there in a trailer minus the driver. This year, that will not be the case.

Thanks,
Mark Heidaker

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Please add two more to this event. Due to the hurricane last year I did not make the Vegas trip but my car was there in a trailer minus the driver. This year, that will not be the case.

Thanks,
Mark Heidaker

Congrats! You're #100 !!! :banana:banana

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Hey Dave,

can you also add Janna to the list... if not I will die...

:biggrin

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
The Lone Star Cobra Owners spent this last saturday at Texas World Speedway on that track!! Small World. I had the yellow cobra there. I met Wade who bought his White/Blue GT 2 weeks ago from Lambo of Houston and was out there tracking it. Told him about the forum and hopefully he will sign up soon. We did parade laps between groups and they let riders. They made the lower ability groups have instructors. Here is a link to the photos taken by the on site photographer. The course is a bit bumpy but fun.

Larry

http://www.bluemelon.com/cafephoto/cobrassatpm

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Hi Dave,

I see that the list is up to 100.

I like the track changes, sounds like a lot of fun.

Kevin

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Clinton,
Who from the bay area is going? You, Ed? Driving or transport?
Tom

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
The Lone Star Cobra Owners spent this last saturday at Texas World Speedway on that track!! Small World. I had the yellow cobra there. I met Wade who bought his White/Blue GT 2 weeks ago from Lambo of Houston and was out there tracking it. Told him about the forum and hopefully he will sign up soon. We did parade laps between groups and they let riders. They made the lower ability groups have instructors. Here is a link to the photos taken by the on site photographer. The course is a bit bumpy but fun.

Larry

http://www.bluemelon.com/cafephoto/cobrassatpm

Looks like you guys were driving the oval?? The backstretch of the oval is quite bumpy...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's an understatement and a half.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
The oval was for pictures only. We were only running about 75 mph. Thank Goodness because it is very very bumpy. We used the exact track ya'll have planned. At speed the front straight will get your attention also. The ability to do the high banked corners of the oval was really fun tho. Gives a new meaning to the stock cars tracks with the really steep banks.

Can't wait!!!!

Larry

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
IN!

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande

Kip:
Good thing you're coming to Rally IV...now you can bring my CF/leather FGT Luggage box with you!
Paul

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
So just to be clear, the Rally starts Wednesday October 14th at Texas World Speedway.

So, for those of us having cars shipped, can we just have our drivers meet us at Texas World Speedway Wednesday Morning to receive our vehicles? Is that possible?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. It's a superspeedway that used to have huge crowds, but I'll call Rusty at the track and make sure.

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Luggage

Kip:
Good thing you're coming to Rally IV...now you can bring my CF/leather FGT Luggage box with you!
Paul

Hey Paul

Count on me shipping it to you in advance!

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
if you guys need a recommendation for food in the Bryan College Station area, let me know. I know all the best local restaurants and a friend of mine is the owner or a somewhat nice Italian restaurant in downtown Bryan (with a banquet room) as well as a autocross/drag race guy. Not to mention his wife is a race car driver/model...the best kind.

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Let the Aggie jokes begin.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Any idea when the schedule might be available?

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I just realized, I'm not on the list. SAY WHAT??? Put me down to be there!

Status
Not open for further replies.