A.R.T. turbo GT driving impressions...

streetking

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008
Ok, I finally got to spend some driving time the GT. When I first got this car about a month ago, I liked it, but I was not in love with it. It was smooth, tight but lacked some "feeling". As you guys know, I have several fast cars and they all are special to me in their own way. My Supra is the fastest car I own, but sometimes it's not about the fastest, its about a car that just drives right. I have had alot of different cars in my life but have never driven a modified car that drove so well. After the TT conversion, the power is endless and linear. There is no turbo lag that I can feel, it's like driving a car with a 800 ci. motor in it. I know some people are running the supercharger and turbo set up, I can't imagine why. If you have anymore low end power it would be a waste, just a spin fest. As it is now, I cannot use 1st gear but if I feather the pedal down in 2nd, I can use the power. The car drives, idles and runs like stock except when you stab it. The sound is incredable, not too loud but just perfect. The car made 849rwh 721 rwt at 18psi on 93. If you look at the graph, you can see the power never drops off and the torque is over 700 from 4300 up. I didn't even want a race gas tune, but they want me to bring it back for it. This car never stops pulling. I have been in Cody's silver car and to me it's too much, but he built it to run the mile. When his car comes on, it's violent, you really have to concentrate on staying straight. The next time I go to a track weekend with my ZO6, I am going to take the GT just to see what I can do with it.

Overall I am totally impressed with my car and the work that A.R.T. did on it. I cannot imagine having a GT without having this conversion done to it. Call Cody@ A.R.T. now..:biggrin Here are a few pictures I took yesterday of their work.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Dyno graph looks good. Are they GT35R turbos?

streetking

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008
Dyno graph looks good. Are they GT35R turbos?

Yes they are.

Thanks,

SW

Aug 25, 2006
Very nice

Have fun and be safe with her

Shadowman

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Nice - maybe you answered this before but brand and size are the wheels? They look hot!!:thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
They are HREs. Look to be 20's front and rear....

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
It appears to be quality craftmanship and obviously effective.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
nice - maybe you answered this before but brand and size are the wheels? They look hot!!:thumbsup

hre 893r

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I just noticed something. It looks like it would have made close to 900 if you guys had pulled it to 7000. 850 at 6300 RPM is even more impressive.

streetking

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008
I just noticed something. It looks like it would have made close to 900 if you guys had pulled it to 7000. 850 at 6300 RPM is even more impressive.

Yes, it would have, the power just keeps going up......

SW

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Sweet. Are you running gear specific boost control?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The ART set up looks great !! Thanks for sharing the driving impressions and Photos !!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I notice the air intake system on your car is different from Cody's Tungsten car. He is running two cone shaped filters that are mounted in the side scoops while yours uses the stock air box.

Is there any verifiable difference in power on the dyno?

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
I notice the air intake system on your car is different from Cody's Tungsten car. He is running two cone shaped filters that are mounted in the side scoops while yours uses the stock air box.

Is there any verifiable difference in power on the dyno?

Keith, my TT setup is completely different than what I sell. I built my car strictly for long distance runs i.e. 1 mile etc.

Attachments

• 1236105516.jpg
    1236105516.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 215
Last edited by a moderator:

streetking

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh my lord, at WOT in 4th, that sounds incredible!! VERY NICE!!! :thumbsup

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I know some people are running the supercharger and turbo set up, I can't imagine why. If you have anymore low end power it would be a waste, just a spin fest. As it is now, I cannot use 1st gear but if I feather the pedal down in 2nd, I can use the power. The car drives, idles and runs like stock except when you stab it. The sound is incredable, not too loud but just perfect.
orig.jpg

SW the car looks awesome. your quote above is funny coming from a guy with a 1500HP Supra :) and a stable full of modified cars. My Hennessey GT is about 4HP less and about 50 more FT lb Torque but where you drive the car 90% of the time the extra 250lb tq and 200HP is nice. :) I dig the wheels.

dynohidollar.jpg

Last edited:

streetking

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008
SW the car looks awesome. your quote above is funny coming from a guy with a 1500HP Supra :) and a stable full of modified cars. My Hennessey GT is about 4HP less and about 50 more FT lb Torque but where you drive the car 90% of the time the extra 250lb tq and 200HP is nice. :) I dig the wheels.

dynohidollar.jpg

Very nice Mark, but I don't see how you can use that much instant torque on the street, maybe we should just run them and see...:biggrin

SW

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Mine puts it down :biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida