MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Mike

Who did your lift install ?

Thanks,Jeff

Hey Jeff - good hearing from ya!. BTW - Crossroads has a tungsten on their floor (or did)...

Mine was installed by myself and four friends - one who has installed lifts before. Took four hr's then a case of beer. Doc John had a crew come out for his two. I'll see him next Saturday and get the details for you of his install crew.

twinvipers

Apr 30, 2007
Hey Jeff - good hearing from ya!. BTW - Crossroads has a tungsten on their floor (or did)...

Mine was installed by myself and four friends - one who has installed lifts before. Took four hr's then a case of beer. Doc John had a crew come out for his two. I'll see him next Saturday and get the details for you of his install crew.

I called them and it was sold already :frown

Need to sell my Heffner TT Viper first anyway.

Let me know on the install crew. I did one of mine ,but don't have the time right now.

Happy Holidays !!!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Some years back while at the PRI show I found this company and the lift is very good. Thicker steel plates, cables and very nice locking systems.

Got the mobile wheel option and to move rotate the hoist is so easy even with a car on it.

With a golf cart I can roll it out side go all the way up on a nice day and use it to push it back into the garage. (I have the garage floor on a taper for draining when washing so the cart helps in pushing it back in).

http://www.axeequipment.com/

stinger%20resedential%20caster%20kitweb.jpg

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Lift Options

Some years back while at the PRI show I found this company and the lift is very good. Thicker steel plates, cables and very nice locking systems.

Got the mobile wheel option and to move rotate the hoist is so easy even with a car on it.

With a golf cart I can roll it out side go all the way up on a nice day and use it to push it back into the garage. (I have the garage floor on a taper for draining when washing so the cart helps in pushing it back in).

http://www.axeequipment.com/

stinger%20resedential%20caster%20kitweb.jpg

The lift rollers really do work good. I don't use them too much but it is nice to take the lift "out doors". Pressure washing, steam cleaning, GT wheeel cleaning, etc.

Also one should consider the optional aluminum drive-on ramps. Sooo much lighter than the std steel ones. I use my lift quite often, usually to "fix" one of the kid's cars or one of the race cars, so the lighter weight ramps are a true blessing. Every time I put them on or take them off, my back says thank you!

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
The lift rollers really do work good. I don't use them too much but it is nice to take the lift "out doors". Pressure washing, steam cleaning, GT wheeel cleaning, etc.

When the Association Nazi's of where I live give me grief (planting wo permit etc.) I pull mine out, put a ~70 pick up on it, move the couch from the screened porch to the driveway and say "I can be much worse :rofl"

Luckily my garage is deep enough I don;t have to mess with the ramps........

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
got the casters for my lift as well. I would not own a lift without them.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
My garage ceiling is 9'6" and there's the sectional garage door that opens into the ceiling, any chance that a GT can sit on top of a Viper?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
My garage ceiling is 9'6" and there's the sectional garage door that opens into the ceiling, any chance that a GT can sit on top of a Viper?

Let the air out of the tires for needed additional clearance, if needed.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
When the Association Nazi's of where I live give me grief (planting wo permit etc.) I pull mine out, put a ~70 pick up on it, move the couch from the screened porch to the driveway and say "I can be much worse :rofl"

Luckily my garage is deep enough I don;t have to mess with the ramps........

I get the best ideas on this site:thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

Bruce, in the Pic's earlier I show the Mustang and the FGT together on the lift all in a 9'6" garage due to the beam height in the middle of the garage. If your ceiling height is today a total of 9'6", the biggest concern would be the garage door itself with opener and how tight it can be mounted to the ceiling.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

That would be no problem at all. I have a Viper and GT stacked with room to spare.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Bruce, you are long overdue for a lift, the solution to your storage issues.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
does anyone have experience with the Danmar lift?

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
lifts

I Have two BBs, one that will pick up the F250 if needed and a regular. Oddly enough, more neighbors comment on the lifts than the cars. I love the couch in the driveway idea big time. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2358.jpg
    IMG_2358.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 478

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
does anyone have experience with the Danmar lift?
I installed one in a friends garage and it is vircually identical to my bendpak with the exception of the locking mechanism. The bendpaks locking stops are adjustable to allow you to get the car level, the danmar are fixed to the upright and use a mechanical linkage rather than the air cylinder to operate the latches.

Craig

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I pull mine out, put a ~70 pick up on it, move the couch from the screened porch to the driveway and say "I can be much worse :rofl"

And remember, ya could always set an old refrigerator or freezer out front thar too...even if ya had to go out & borrow one.

(If yer werkin' TV is settin' on top of yer NON werkin' TV...)

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Been using mine for over a year. Have had 4 transmission and clutches in/out, 12+ oil changes, 5+ brake jobs, 1 set of Heffner pipes, 1 Whipple

930man, Doc John just put two of these type of lifts in at his new place.... Check your e-mail
:biggrin

MAD,
What is your ceiling height?

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
I Have two BBs, one that will pick up the F250 if needed and a regular. Oddly enough, more neighbors comment on the lifts than the cars. I love the couch in the driveway idea big time. Thanks!

I though you had some kind of mirror setup there!

Nice garage.

I've had an Eagle and just installed a Greg Smith equipment with the sliding jacks. Those jacks are great. Both lifts served me well, both I'm sure are chinese. Standardish garage ceilings are not a problem as long as you can get the garage door up and have an wayne dalton idrive or jacksrew operator. I have about 119" - working under the car is doable but I can't stand straight up everywhere when working on a Mustang. It's easier with the GT because it can go up another 6 or 8".

Watch the width between cables - there are some available that will take the paint off of your mirrors.

If they aren't made in the US, I think they all come out of the same sweatshop in China.:wink

Bruce

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Guys, a few things I have done to resolve ceiling height issues and garage door tracks, is to install a high lift track system and mount the garage door opener on the wall. As long as the door has torsion springs and a screw drive door opener it can be done.
John

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
MAD,
What is your ceiling height?

Bruce, I have a beam in the middle of the garage perpendicular to the lift with a usable 9' 6" on the bottom of it. The beam is 16+" to the celling of 11'

What I had done is have the garage door tracks "extended" on the door so that the door basically rolls up on the ceiling within 6" of the 11". The garage door motor head also has been raised and fits in the 14" of the beam height. It cost ~$400 to have the door reworked.

Between the FGT and the roof of the car below/ above there is ~ 6-8" to spare!

Net Net - I have the lift, the Ford GT and another full size car that can be placed in a 9'6" garage! :thumbsup