4 post lift installed....Merry Christmas to me

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Finally got the Backyard buddy lift delivered and installed (8 weeks to make it). The installation guys did it on Christmas eve.

I'm definately getting a second one. I was waiting to get the first one to make sure the garage would not be too compacted with 2. Looks like it will be just fine on space (when I clean out those boxes and junk on the right).

Attachments

• lift.jpg
    lift.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 733

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
congrats on the install and Merry Chistmas!

johnk

Nov 11, 2007
Congrats! I have a pair of BB lifts as well. They're the best and well worth the $$ IMHO.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Just had a Direct Lift ProPark Plus installed in my garage. I'm 6'4" so the additional lift height makes it easy to work under cars. I'm definitely thinking of getting a 2nd one.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Congrats, jb!

(Very shortly you'll kick yourself for not having bought one sooner ...if you haven't already! :lol)

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Congrats, jb!

(Very shortly you'll kick yourself for not having bought one sooner ...if you haven't already! :lol)

that happened about 9 weeks ago. I ordered this one a week later. :lol

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Just had a Direct Lift ProPark Plus installed in my garage. I'm 6'4" so the additional lift height makes it easy to work under cars. I'm definitely thinking of getting a 2nd one.

Can you tell us your ceiling height?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
that happened about 9 weeks ago. I ordered this one a week later. :lol

I hear ya. For some people, hoists are like Lay's Tater Chips or FGT's..."Bet ya can't (own) just ONE!"

Merry Christmas, jb... :cheers

DeMopuar

May 30, 2008
Wisconsin
I've got two Backyard Buddy lifts as well jbsteven. They were NOT the cheapest lift, just the most safe underneath. I am not comfortable with the Chinese lift my friend has; it wobbles all over when in the air -- not a very safe feeling. He wants to bolt it to the floor to make it more stable -- SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A BYB. They will survive an earthquake without being bolted to the floor, so the casters that I have with them are actually usable. Great choice -- you will never regret it.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I also just got a second lift . I MUST BE GETTING OLD BECAUSE I GET EXCITED ABOUT A LIFT !

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
a lift is like a cell phone, once you get it, you dont know how you were ever able to live without it.

930man

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 15, 2008
i am ordering some on the 29th ... just dont know where to get them!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
i am ordering some on the 29th ... just dont know where to get them!

Been using mine for over a year. Have had 4 transmission and clutches in/out, 12+ oil changes, 5+ brake jobs, 1 set of Heffner pipes, 1 Whipple

930man, Doc John just put two of these type of lifts in at his new place.... Check your e-mail
:biggrin

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 342

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Is the BYB the one available through Costco?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Is the BYB the one available through Costco?

not sure.........

backyardbuddy.com

Paul B
10 foot ceilings is pretty much what you need. think of how high 2 cars are and add 10-12 inches. That's your minimum.

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Couple of point to consider when purchasing a lift

1. Anybody contemplating a lift should go to http://www.autolift.org/ and verify that the product they are looking meets the ANSI industry specifications and has been tested.

2. The FGT is wider than most cars. My lift is 116" between posts do I don't have to "thread the needle" when parking.

3. If the FGT is lowered you might have to further extend the ramps. Check the ramp heights to make sure you don't take out the air dam or diffuser!

DeMopuar

May 30, 2008
Wisconsin
The Automotive Lift Institute (ALI) is fee based for membership. You pay the money to be on their list and voila, you are on the list. Backyard Buddy is not interested in paying a fee that their lift already exceeds in all aspects of design.

Anyway, if anyone looks at a BYB and one of the chinese made lifts, it is very apparent which one you would want to be under. After looking at both type of lifts, I am very happy with the BYB lift.

It is kind of funny -- everyone on this list buys an expensive toy to put it on a lift, but then want to save $1,000 or $1,500 -- kind of ironic if you ask me. These lifts are not all built the same -- do not let anyone tell you different.

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
The Automotive Lift Institute (ALI) is fee based for membership. You pay the money to be on their list and voila, you are on the list. Backyard Buddy is not interested in paying a fee that their lift already exceeds in all aspects of design.

Anyway, if anyone looks at a BYB and one of the chinese made lifts, it is very apparent which one you would want to be under. After looking at both type of lifts, I am very happy with the BYB lift.

It is kind of funny -- everyone on this list buys an expensive toy to put it on a lift, but then want to save $1,000 or $1,500 -- kind of ironic if you ask me. These lifts are not all built the same -- do not let anyone tell you different.

Funny - While I'm not in the lift industry myself I am very familiar with ETL and ANSI. Underwriter Labs and ETL (the test and listing agent of the ALI) are fee based, not for membership but for testing and product "listing" to insure that a minimal product safety requirement for use are met. Beyond these two test agencies there is the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) which publishes the specifications for the industry in total of which ETL test to. Membership to ANSI is less than ~$2k per year to gain access to all submissions and changes of the specifications by co- suppliers of the specific indutry, in this case the lift suppliers. ETL and ANSI are not "buy your way in" standard bodies. There is a letter from ALI to BYB which describes all issues that you have hinted to above. it can be found at:

http://www.autolift.org/pdf_documents/letter_to_backyard_buddy.pdf

I do agree lifts are not built the same. That is why I researched before the purchase of mine. I'm happy for fellow member jbsteven. I'm not biased either way to any of the key reputable suppliers. I've made my decision and am more than happy with my purchase - being ALI listed. I'm happy for you and your Back Yard Buddy.... BUT- I will always try to gain the most value for my hard earned money. Just because we bought these cars doesn't mean we frivolously waste our hard earned and just deserved rewards.

Personally the money I saved was used to feed my Opus X and Plymouth Gin Habit (of which I am enjoying right now- Thanks BONY)

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Yes, before I get into this thread, I will enjoy a very dry Plymouth Gibson with a nice Cohiba this afternoon. I will be back to comment on this thread in the near future...
Thanks for planting that seed Mikey! :)

twinvipers

Apr 30, 2007
Been using mine for over a year. Have had 4 transmission and clutches in/out, 12+ oil changes, 5+ brake jobs, 1 set of Heffner pipes, 1 Whipple

930man, Doc John just put two of these type of lifts in at his new place.... Check your e-mail
:biggrin

Mike

Who did your lift install ?

Thanks,Jeff