WTB/Looking for a complete set of Ahlman Coilovers Stage II

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Looking for a complete set of Ahlman Coilovers Stage II. Current version. Anyone have a set laying around? Reasonably priced?

Please PM me or email works too: sks (at) comcast.net Thanks so much!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Why not get them direct from Scott?

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
I called Scott and he didn’t have any available. Super awesome person too!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Hydra, I didn’t see where you posted your pictures!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tell Scott to get off his butt and get to work.

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
I also have been trying to get a set for a couple months now with no luck. Maybe if we can get a couple people interested we could get something going.

Hydra let me know bc I would love a set too.

Redfire03

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2020
Denver, CO
I asked Scott as well, think its just supply shortages associated with Ohlins and not his problem. From May when I talked to him the message was basically, if you want a set now it would be 35% price increase or a 2 year wait. That and some of the unique machined parts are not ready.

I would be happy to sign up/contribute for a set through a group buy to try and push a set through. If we can get Scott to comment in here if it would help!

I'm already looking at KW and changing the awful purple and yellow colors, but this would only be to hold me over till a set of Ohlins is available.

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
I asked Scott as well, think its just supply shortages associated with Ohlins and not his problem. From May when I talked to him the message was basically, if you want a set now it would be 35% price increase or a 2 year wait. That and some of the unique machined parts are not ready.

I would be happy to sign up/contribute for a set through a group buy to try and push a set through. If we can get Scott to comment in here if it would help!

I'm already looking at KW and changing the awful purple and yellow colors, but this would only be to hold me over till a set of Ohlins is available.
Same here. I was told it would be a good bit more and I have agreed to it. Right now we are trying to figure out the machined parts. If you are seriously interested let me know and I’ll see if we can’t get a couple sets going to make it go faster.

Aaron at Nth Moto is handling everything for me and he is the one that has been in talks with Scott

Redfire03

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2020
Denver, CO
Consider me in. Would need details about deposit, time frame, actual purchase price, etc. But the increase in price over current, is basically with the rest of the inflation in the world and very understandable to me.

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Consider me in. Would need details about deposit, time frame, actual purchase price, etc. But the increase in price over current, is basically with the rest of the inflation in the world and very understandable to me.
Will do. Will let you know when I have more info

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
I've been working with Penske developing coilovers for the Murcielago. If anyone is interested in a set of Penske (2 or 3 way) feel free to message me and I can provide info.

I bought KW for my car, but ended up selling them to a friend while endlessly waiting for a backorder item. They look really nice (after all it is KW). But after seeing the Penske come in for the Lambo, I think they look nicer. Pictures of both are attached.

I do not think anyone offers an upper mount as pretty as Scott's.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpeg
    s-l1600.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 32
  • s-l16001.jpeg
    s-l16001.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 32

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Same here. I was told it would be a good bit more and I have agreed to it. Right now we are trying to figure out the machined parts. If you are seriously interested let me know and I’ll see if we can’t get a couple sets going to make it go faster.

Aaron at Nth Moto is handling everything for me and he is the one that has been in talks with Scott
Hi Guys,

I am sorry I have not been here in a while and supply issues are large for this stuff. Been buried with IMSA GT4 stuff also, but my normal machinists have been booked and can't get their time.

Yes, Aaron just sent me an email Friday with notes from his machinists and questions. I will get back to him this week and see if we can get them going. And a bit of a cash outlay for 10 vehicle sets...which is about how many sets are sold in a year. Will keep you posted.

Of note, The KW's on our IMSA GC (GT4) 718 Cayman lost 50% of their compression force within 2 tests and 1 race. Unreal. I have sold over 600 Ohlins TTX's in 6 years and only had one leak after 50,000 miles and many track days. And a handful of FGT guys switched from their expensive Penske's to our custom Ohlins TTX's due to Penske noise issues and the need to rebuild the Penskes every year due to loss of fluid with each stroke on a wet shaft seal.

Scott

Reactions: pacettr

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Hi Guys,

I am sorry I have not been here in a while and supply issues are large for this stuff. Been buried with IMSA GT4 stuff also, but my normal machinists have been booked and can't get their time.

Yes, Aaron just sent me an email Friday with notes from his machinists and questions. I will get back to him this week and see if we can get them going. And a bit of a cash outlay for 10 vehicle sets...which is about how many sets are sold in a year. Will keep you posted.

Of note, The KW's on our IMSA GC (GT4) 718 Cayman lost 50% of their compression force within 2 tests and 1 race. Unreal. I have sold over 600 Ohlins TTX's in 6 years and only had one leak after 50,000 miles and many track days. And a handful of FGT guys switched from their expensive Penske's to our custom Ohlins TTX's due to Penske noise issues and the need to rebuild the Penskes every year due to loss of fluid with each stroke on a wet shaft seal.

Scott
Thanks Scott!

Definitely worth waiting for the best of the best. Hope we can get everything worked out. I have full confidence in Aaron at Nth. They are stand up guys and their attention to detail is phenomenal. If anyone can help out he is definitely your guy. Thanks again for working with us.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey, that is a really nice logo. How long have you had it?

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Thanks Scott!

Definitely worth waiting for the best of the best. Hope we can get everything worked out. I have full confidence in Aaron at Nth. They are stand up guys and their attention to detail is phenomenal. If anyone can help out he is definitely your guy. Thanks again for working with us.
Absolutely! Glad to keep after it. Just far more painful of a process than it was before this worldwide mess.

Yep will keep working with Aaron and his machinist to see if we can get these made within reasonable timing and price.

Reactions: Hydra GT

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Hey, that is a really nice logo. How long have you had it?
The same on our shock mounts. I drew the general icon for "SA" and the "AHLMAN" font at 13 years old (I had a little PVC hockey goal company with custom nets)...so 39 years.

However, 7 years ago when I started Ahlman Performance I made it the same design as Ahlman Engineering. I cleaned it up more, rounded some corners and widened the "AHLMAN" lettering.

Reactions: Specracer

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Thanks for replying Scott! Your work is amazing.

Reactions: sahlman

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Scott, were you at Lime Rock with the IMSA gt4's? If so, I would have enjoyed saying hi.

Howard

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Thanks for replying Scott! Your work is amazing.
Thank you, much!

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Scott, were you at Lime Rock with the IMSA gt4's? If so, I would have enjoyed saying hi.

Howard
Howard,
No, we were not at Limerock. This GS effort was just a mid season three race run...Watkins Glen, Road America and VIR.

Scott