Wrecked Heritage on E bay

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Sounds like BMF & Dwells should split the difference at $140K and send me a merger advisory fee.

Would be a great Forum project to document and re-build may even get media coverage.

dwells

Sep 13, 2017
Sounds like BMF & Dwells should split the difference at $140K and send me a merger advisory fee.

Would be a great Forum project to document and re-build may even get media coverage.

The story is one to go down in the books for me. I had to call up a random person in the area that owned a fab shop to bid on it for me, because the auction was in 3 hours and it was in person only. Or how I had to wire him 5k to put down on the car when I won it not knowing if he would take the money and run, fun story. But the bottom line is Id be glad to negotiate.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The story is one to go down in the books for me. I had to call up a random person in the area that owned a fab shop to bid on it for me, because the auction was in 3 hours and it was in person only. Or how I had to wire him 5k to put down on the car when I won it not knowing if he would take the money and run, fun story. But the bottom line is Id be glad to negotiate.

That story & the story of the car are both crazy!

Ed

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Looks like the price got lowered but someone here on the forum PMd me to guess how much the parts would be to repair. if it needs a new frame/chassis and a new transaxle, I can get it to $80K-100K in parts real fast. plus labor plus paint and hoping the engine block is OK. so you'd have a salvage title Heritage for roughly $250,000.00+. of course there are some people here on the forum including myself that could finish it for less. just all my opinion for what it's worth. but think of the stories you'd have to go with it! priceless!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Paying $250,000+ just to tell a story? Too rich a story for my budget. It's semantics to not call this car a salvage. If someone offered this repaired car to me as a NOT totaled car, I'd be very upset and would feel it was falsely represented, repaired or not repaired. I don't care what the legalities of the paper trail are.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ Not only that, but this GT is immortalized on the Internet. A quick Google search will turn up VIN 1FAFP90S56Y400843 and its stories. Including this thread for as long as search engines can index it.

Then again, maybe that doesn't matter. I'm sure there are many more guys like the guy who just paid $280K at BJ as an "impulse buy."

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Paying $250,000+ just to tell a story? Too rich a story for my budget. It's semantics to not call this car a salvage. If someone offered this repaired car to me as a NOT totaled car, I'd be very upset and would feel it was falsely represented, repaired or not repaired. I don't care what the legalities of the paper trail are.

while I agree with what you're saying, you'd be shocked at how many are out there with clean titles that have had frame changes due to damage. I'd say most of them were early in the program when frames were cheap and Saleen was bending over backwards to make everyone happy at the time at Ford. just sayin

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
while I agree with what you're saying, you'd be shocked at how many are out there with clean titles that have had frame changes due to damage. I'd say most of them were early in the program when frames were cheap and Saleen was bending over backwards to make everyone happy at the time at Ford. just sayin
I believe you. Definitely buyer beware buying used cars or boats.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I believe you. Definitely buyer beware buying used cars or boats.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's why it is so imperative to pay someone to do a PPI that really knows these cars or purchase from someone like Shelby where you know you're getting a quality piece. nothings worse than purchasing and owning a car that you find out has a novel written about it out on the internet.
this is where I've said it before but there doesn't seem to be any interest about the chassis number on these cars. the chassis number and VIN are 2 totally different things. somewhere there is a list of chassis numbers vs: VINs which will tell you the car has never had a frame/chassis change in it's lifetime. I truly believe that some day the 2005-2006 Ford GT will be approaching the 7 digit price tag (long after we're all gone) and the chassis number and matching VIN will separate the top dollar cars from the not so premium pieces.
your chassis serial number is located on the backside of the rear RH upright. here is a picture of a service chassis. note the date code.
I've heard maybe Rich, GTJoey, Mark or someone else has that list. hopefully
IMG_2134.jpg
P.S. the chassis numbers do not follow sequence to the VIN build sequence. so if you know 1 combo doesn't mean you know the rest looking at the VIN list.

Last edited: