Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Another one’s gone, and another one’s gone, another one bites the dust... That sux!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oceanside gt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
It is so sad and disheartening to view the pictures of this wonderful vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Jeff Spicoli: Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
can be fixed with a frame change according to the seller. a lot of work for sure plus a broken transaxle case. ouch

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
can be fixed with a frame change according to the seller. a lot of work for sure plus a broken transaxle case. ouch

I went and viewed the car in person.. As i had a purchase agreement to buy it based off the original pictures, which was dumb considering the circumstances.
LONG STORY WITH THE CAR..
The owner now Dan found it at a storage yard in Cali. The owner of the car was sent to prison and did not pay his fees and the car/locker was sold with only a couple days notice. So he bought it for a whopping low price of 80k. Not a bad deal at all for a clean title heritage wrecked. So he started a post here, thought maybe he would fix it, did some fishing with parties to sell and make some money off it. So I also asked if he would be interested in selling it and he said yes. Kinda told me the story, the car was still in the storage unit at this point and he had never seen the car NOR is he a ford gt guy or had ever owned one. I had some vague pics to go off and i was the highest bidder, so he email me a purchase agreement. Car was presented to me by him as a 8000 mile car because it was inspected in cali on 8-2014 with 7200 miles and one would think by december when it was wrecked that it maybe had another 800 or so put on it right?? WRONG> LOL car comes out of storage locker and someone one else had the keys and original title in their storage locker they won. So the guy who fires instrument cluster up the battery with jump pack finds out the car has 16000 miles. So the guy plowed 8000 miles on it in 4 months before he went to prison. I kinda laugh cause i pretty much laid out the damage to him in person. This car was a two accident car. The first involved the front end and passenger side door. Prob 25k total in damage..They took the door panel off and pushed the door out (ie looks like SHHit) lol. They duct taped the front bumper cover back together and the front fender has damage. Then the second accident happened. Which was major. The right side piece that holds the scoop on is destroyed and that part is beneath the pieces that drop down from the roof skin. So the roof skin will have to be disected. They had put the rear wheel on the passenger seat and it sat there for two years. Looks good in the pic now tho. The right casting is going to need to be replaced. The transmission is more than likely junk. took a pretty hard hit and would be good for parts. Then all the rest of the rear parts that are needed.

So with that being said. THE only reason this car did not have a salvage title is cause the owner did not have ins on it or did not claim it.. But this is a two accident GT that had the balls driven off it before the owner went to prison..

He also is selling as a clean title but does not even have the title back from the state of california yet, so a person does not know how it will come back or if the storage lien will show up on it.. IF you google the vin you will find out it was sold at a storage unit. 1FAFP90S56Y400843

That's what i know about the car. The car needs a complete paint job as its got scratches on every panel. Then all the stuff that needs to be replaced and the major chassis work that needs to be done.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I went and viewed the car in person.. As i had a purchase agreement to buy it based off the original pictures, which was dumb considering the circumstances.
The owner now Dan found it at a storage yard in Cali. The owner of the car was sent to prison and did not pay his fees and the car/locker was sold with only a couple days notice. So he bought it for a whopping low price of 80k. Not a bad deal at all for a clean title heritage wrecked. So he started a post here, thought maybe he would fix it, did some fishing with parties to sell and make some money off it. So I also asked if he would be interested in selling it and he said yes. Kinda told me the story, the car was still in the storage unit at this point and he had never seen the car NOR is he a ford gt guy or had ever owned one. I had some vague pics to go off and i was the highest bidder, so he email me a purchase agreement. Car was presented to me by him as a 8000 mile car because it was inspected in cali on 8-2014 with 7200 miles and one would think by december when it was wrecked that it maybe had another 800 or so put on it right?? WRONG> LOL car comes out of storage locker and someone one else had the keys and original title in their storage locker they won. So the guy who fires instrument cluster up the battery with jump pack finds out the car has 16000 miles. So the guy plowed 8000 miles on it in 4 months before he went to prison. I kinda laugh cause i pretty much laid out the damage to him in person. This car was a two accident car. The first involved the front end and passenger side door. Prob 25k total in damage..They took the door panel off and pushed the door out (ie looks like SHHit) lol. They duct taped the front bumper cover back together and the front fender has damage. Then the second accident happened. Which was major. The right side piece that holds the scoop on is destroyed and that part is beneath the pieces that drop down from the roof skin. So the roof skin will have to be disected. They had put the rear wheel on the passenger seat and it sat there for two years. Looks good in the pic now tho. The right casting is going to need to be replaced. The transmission is more than likely junk. took a pretty hard hit and would be good for parts. Then all the rest of the rear parts that are needed.

So with that being said. THE only reason this car did not have a salvage title is cause the owner did not have ins on it or did not claim it.. But this is a two accident GT that had the balls driven off it before the owner went to prison..

He also is selling as a clean title but does not even have the title back from the state of california yet, so a person does not know how it will come back or if the storage lien will show up on it.. IF you google the vin you will find out it was sold at a storage unit. 1FAFP90S56Y400843

That's what i know about the car. The car needs a complete paint job as its got scratches on every panel. Then all the stuff that needs to be replaced and the major chassis work that needs to be done.

Holy crap. Now THAT'S a story!

dwells

Sep 13, 2017

Hello, Seller here. The car is what it is, Wrecked, scratched, bent, broken, but still fixable. I was in contact with the GT guys from the beginning, And ultimatley I chose not to fix it. B.M.F came to look at the car literally the day after I first laid eyes on it. Im no expert on GT's but I do appreciate them highly, such amazing vehicles. He called me a few days later with a revised offer, while still respectable, I decided to list it online. He needed to get a title loan on it so not sure how it would have worked out anyways...... Nothing to hide, I was even transparent on what I paid. If anyone needs more photos or would like to chat, let me know. I have been in contact with the CA DMV every week & would have had the title in hand by now, but a newbie employee sent back the paperwork asking for a SMOG certificate, after explaining to them that it is not going to be registered in CA, I sent paperwork back directly to the supervisor so It gets done right this time.

Last edited:
Just a little bondo and some glue to fix, right? Must have taken a really hard hit to do all that.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
What does a rear clamshell cost these days (and are an actually available?)?

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
What does a rear clamshell cost these days (and are an actually available?)?

still available. 15-16K+

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I was in contact with the GT guys from the beginning,

Did you get any quote or ballpark for what it would take the GT guys to fully sort this thing?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Hello, Seller here. The car is what it is, Wrecked, scratched, bent, broken, but still fixable:"An entire passenger side subframe corner would be needed"

So, does it need an entire new frame OR just side sub-frame?

Thanks

dwells

Sep 13, 2017
Yes I did get a quote including full paint from them. It was not the amount of $ to fix that put me off. I have other projects at the moment that influenced my decision. And Id probably just purchase one ready to drive in the future.

dwells

Sep 13, 2017

Thanks

I was told the passenger side sub, casting, and all suspension components including wheel. The drivers side looks good- BUT things can change once you start tearing into it.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

Thanks

It needs the right rear casting. and the two bars that go from casting to chassis.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
$160K for a wreck + $160K to repair* = $160K salvage title car, but with a good story!

*Unless it's your labor and you value your labor at zero.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I think seller is crossing fingers that title won't be salvaged.... like so many similar storied GTs. My understanding is that as long as an insurance company doesn't get involved to declared it a total loss, title will be clean. Heck, typical DMV worker probably thinks at $80K, a Ford better be in pristine condition.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
$160K for a wreck + $160K to repair* = $160K salvage title car, but with a good story!

*Unless it's your labor and you value your labor at zero.

its worth 230-240 fixed. I made him a reasonable offer once mileage was disclose of 130k for it. He wants ALL the money for it with no back ground in Ford gt's or wrecked ones. There's 50-70k in parts with used parts and some new and 40 in labor to fix and paint the car. Do the math at 160 and you will have an expensive Heritage with a wild story.

dwells

Sep 13, 2017
Im willing to obviously take less than 160k but it may take an end user that is willing to take on the project & time associated. 100k to repair plus 150k sale price puts you in a heritage for 250k. Its not always about resale value for private buyers.

Last edited: