Now that's what I'm talkin about!

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ChipBeck said:
[PS. I told him if he needed inspiration on how to get the "hips correct" just have the models at his party, in particular the Ferrari and GT jump suits bend over and the "fish net girl" between them for the "eyes"," headlamps" if you will, that would do it, and he laughed.

Keith

Kieth,
Yeah, no Audi rear ends. And it can't just look right, it's gotta feel right. Always willing to help out with the research, I'm here for you buddy!! :banana :cheers :biggrin

Chip[/QUOTE]

I am in for the GR1 and the model in the silver jump suit. Nice twofer, don't you think? :willy

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Build It!!

DBK said:
Would you buy a GR-1 with an N/A V10 in it?

I know low-volume niche cars aren't what Ford needs, but they don't hurt. If they built that car and priced it between 100-150k, I think half the room at the C.E.C would have thrown down the money right then and there. I'm sitting around bummed trying to figure out when the next Ford sports car will roll around because this one is so damned good...
YES!! I will buy it if they make it; however NO V-10.
V-8 all the way!!
Sorry, I just can't get behind the V-10 thing.
Sounds wierd.
V-8's are part of the Ford heritage.
The original was a V-8.
My 2 cents worth.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
GR-1

I probably would but a polished aluminum car is without question the absolute zenieth of impracticality. Jeez...simply gastanks are bad enough

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I think I along the same lines as the rest. Thought the GR-1 had wonderful lines, did not care for the Cobra (I also thought it looked like an Audi).

Also agree on V-8. Needs that low, grunt sound (OK, let the jokes fly). V-10 sound has never sounded as good as say the side exhaust of a 67 Covette BB or Cobra.

If they could price it right, imagine it as a direct competition for the Z-06 and the Viper. Bill / Edsel / Camilo - I'll give you one guess which would be the car of choice. It would be my second Ford purchase (GT was the first).

Let's do the GR-1 with a small block 427, hit that 500-600 HP range, and price it 60 - 75K. Hands down the winner.

And by the way - Chip you are such a trooper. Glad to see you exercising. That rear (hers, not yours) does give me some ideas :banana (what could ever be more appropriate here than the happy banana)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
That rear (hers, not yours)!

Larry,
You cut me to the quick!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dr Robert Harms said:
I probably would but a polished aluminum car is without question the absolute zenieth of impracticality. Jeez...simply gastanks are bad enough

actually Doc, I had for a very short while, a little polished front engined Lotus, it was very easy to maintain. When I first got it and Huffaker went through it they had the guys that polish tanker trucks work their magic. Car held it's shine and I see the car on the vintage circuit and it always brings a smile to my face... looked so sweeeet, to bad it is slower than a retard at a spelling bee...

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Spirit said:
YES!! I will buy it if they make it; however NO V-10.
V-8 all the way!!
Sorry, I just can't get behind the V-10 thing.
Sounds wierd.
V-8's are part of the Ford heritage.
The original was a V-8.
My 2 cents worth.

right on... keep the truck engine in the truck... V8 all the way :wink

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
bony said:
to bad it is slower than retard at a spelling bee...

Ah, political correctness at it's best.

But it should read "too bad it is slower than a retard at a spelling bee..."

No comment :biggrin

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Oh, and by the way.............

Can I please have the password to BONYWORLD?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
AZGT said:
Oh, and by the way.............

Can I please have the password to BONYWORLD?

not if you are looking for political correctness, proper grammar, correct spelling,..... :biggrin :cheers :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
AZGT said:
Ah, political correctness at it's best.

But it should read "too bad it is slower than a retard at a spelling bee..."

No comment :biggrin

dare I say that the performance of the vehicle failed to meet my minimum expectations? the car reminded me of a Honda 150 Dream I once owned, lots of noise, no go. There is no substitute for cubic horsepower and dollars.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
bony said:
not if you are looking for political correctness, proper grammar, correct spelling,..... :biggrin :cheers :biggrin

Of course not, I am looking for true BONYISMS :thumbsup Hoping to contribute to incorrectness........................

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
you will be welcome to the dark side.... no kiddies allowed.

join the discussion who killed Jon Benet, was Karr Ramsey's homosexual lover? :willy :ack :bs :willy