World's first four second quarter mile run happened 29 years ago today - I was there

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Thanks, Apollo, appreciate it! :thumbsup

Eddie

:facepalm: I can't believe just realized what your screen name stands for, or should I say four .. :thumbsup

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Happy Anniversary Eddie. Saw you run in Houston many times and it's great to have you as a big part of this Forum for many, many more years ahead buddy.

Thanks, Tomy.

Was this before your time? The Freeway dragstrip, Houston, 1958, run by the Gay family. That is me in the right front of this picture, with my Cushman scooter front wheels and hubs.

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Happy anniversary Eddie,that was such a big accomplishment !!! I was not present for that run but was on hand in Houston later that year to see your 4.93 pass which was truly amazing. I think some of these milestones seem to get lost with the switch to the 1000 foot by folks that are new to the sport. I will always remember seeing my first 4 second pass and thank you for your huge contribution to our sport.
Mike

+2! Thanks for sharing, a notable historic milestone.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Not before my time, driving at 14 yrs. old and going to the drags strip at 16 yrs old watching you at Carl & Marie's drag strip in Dickinson, Texas. Actually Marie ran everything! You know. I'm just 74 yrs young. The Gays strip was where we ran Edsel's Ford GT 40 and our Cobra. Those were the days in the 50's-60's. Sling shot History in that picture. Thanks for the post Eddie.

Attachments

• IMG_2074.jpg
    IMG_2074.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 92

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thank you, STORMCAT!

I made my self a mental note to call Darrell- and then I guess I lost my note- I need to do that!

All the best,

Eddie FourFather Hill

Do it.. I know he would love to hear from you !!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Thanks, Tomy.

Was this before your time? The Freeway dragstrip, Houston, 1958, run by the Gay family. That is me in the right front of this picture, with my Cushman scooter front wheels and hubs.

[/UR

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill

Love this photo - - really looong tube headers!