Wixom Assembly Plant soon to be no more

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Hey...I think I saw my car in one of those pictures.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Like a Boss

Rear Tire Decal Removal Area...:rofl

DSC_0463.jpg

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
The GT Building is now about 60% down. So far two companies have made deals to buy large portions of the property.
1. General RV - a big Retail / Service organization that sells all brands of large and small Motorhomes. (purchased 35 acres)
2. Menards - a large ( like WalMart , Meijers) retailer with groceries, home improvement, garden, hardware and other retail

The good news is that Ford Motor Co. was able to market a very large, desirable location piece of Real Estate.

andy (AJB)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The GT Building is now about 60% down. So far two companies have made deals to buy large portions of the property.
1. General RV - a big Retail / Service organization that sells all brands of large and small Motorhomes. (purchased 35 acres)
2. Menards - a large ( like WalMart , Meijers) retailer with groceries, home improvement, garden, hardware and other retail

The good news is that Ford Motor Co. was able to market a very large, desirable location piece of Real Estate.

andy (AJB)

In this economy and in that location that the land will not be idle is a miracle in and of itself.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Saleen GT Assembly Building in Troy

After spending the afternoon at the Detroit Zoo, I meandered up past the Saleen GT Assembly Building in Troy - took some interesting photos (~4:30 pm)...

Entrance to the building (man in suit walked to the door & waited for about 10 minutes before he was admitted) -
View attachment 30017

Current renters sign on the building is "Alernative Automotive Technologies," and below it, "DG Motors, inc.
View attachment 30018

This car was in the parking area -
View attachment 30019

Anyone recognize the license plate? -
View attachment 30020

(I'm starting to feel like the paparazzi)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Well that's cool. I didn't realize former Saleen employees were the founders of this company.

http://www.shop.altautotech.com/AAT-Branded-Components_c7.htm

Still trying to justify the cost of their GT coffee table and wall art:)

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
As I look through this post it brings back memories. I posted on SVTperformance.com back in 2005 that I was getting a GT. I got a reply back from DBK that asked who I was. I got to know DBK only as a man with connections. Anyway, he asked if I wanted to see my car built if it worked out. I said sure! He contacted me later and said I had 72 hours to get to Wixom. I jumped a plane and the rest is history. I actually walked mine down the line after it came from Saleen. It was truly an amazing experience. I am a second generation Ford Dealer and my father came with me. John Pfeifer was the engineer that took us into the plant and let us watch my car be completed and I was there when it started up for the first time. I sold that car vin# 1814 (yellow 4 optioned car) but since bought a white/blue car to keep. Wish I wouldn't have sold 1814 but at that time (2008) it was hard to keep with a struggling economy. Anyway, I know I said it before but for any of the guys on the GT team that I met that day.....Thanks again. What a joy it was to get to know you and break bread with you guys right there at your tool boxes!

Ford Rocks

Mike Anderson