With such a limited production run

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
What spare parts do you think long-term owners should stock up? I'm wondering what parts may be difficult to find in about 5 years or so...

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Body parts for sure. Other little bits and pieces may be copied in China by slave labor, cheaper than new.

The 5.4 V8 ain't gonna dissapear, neither is Ricardo. The GR1 may carry over some suspension parts.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
If Ford were planning to produce 4,500 GT's (I'm guessing at numbers here) and instead will only produce 3,000 (still guessing!) then surely the premature end of the production run will result in more spare parts?

teflon

Nov 11, 2005
I can't figure out how to search for it, but I was under the impression that a manufacturer is required to have a minimum number of spare parts up to 7 years after the end of the production run.

Also, at 4000 cars, it doesn't really seem to be limited production. I know of a couple ~1300 or less Ferrari and Porsche models for which parts are readily available. I don't see why it should be a problem with this car.

Greg A

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I would think about getting spare front light bezels. I just changed them on my 14 year old pickup. They yellow and scratch over time and 10 years later they may be hard to find.

Birdman93

GT Ordered
Dec 17, 2005
Iowa
Easy way to take care of the light bezels-3M Clear tape-the same stuff they use to make the invisible bra for the 02-05 Thunderbird.

Kits are readily available.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Birdman93 said:
Easy way to take care of the light bezels-3M Clear tape-the same stuff they use to make the invisible bra for the 02-05 Thunderbird.

Kits are readily available.

Where can I find them? Thanks