With just a heffner pulley and tune...

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Recently Bony posted "heffner tune, heffner pulley, acufab x pipe= 600 rwhp"

Any guess of how much RWHP I would have if I didn't change the exhaust but just did the pulley and tune?

Thanks

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Recently Bony posted "heffner tune, heffner pulley, acufab x pipe= 600 rwhp"

Any guess of how much RWHP I would have if I didn't change the exhaust but just did the pulley and tune?

Thanks

Almost the same. The exhaust adds less than 30 hp tops.

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Mine made 625 rwhp with the stock exhaust and stock paper filters. just pulley and tune.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Mine made 642rwhp with stock exhaust and paper filters. Not Heffner pulley and tune. 18psi pulley and custom tune.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Mine made 635 rwh

Pulley tune exhaust.Not Heffner

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Which of the reported numbers are SAE corrected and smoothed? Big difference in raw and corrected numbers.

Dave

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Hi Roger,

That package usually delivers an average increase of 90 rwhp and about 10 more with a cat back exhaust. Do you have any idea what the car makes now?

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Late response

Hi Roger,

That package usually delivers an average increase of 90 rwhp and about 10 more with a cat back exhaust. Do you have any idea what the car makes now?

Sorry I am so late in responding, I just found my earlier thread. In answer to your question, no I do not know what the RWHP is now. The car has 2100 miles on it, and not hard driving at this point. I would like the extra HP as I live in Corvette Z06 city, Bowling Green. But, having had a Rippie C4 Corvette with Power Effects exhaust, I am not ready for a lot of cabin exhaust decibels anymore. Is there anyway I can get these mods without shipping or driving to your location? Do you have anyone in my area of the country?

M

Mark O

Mine made 642rwhp with stock exhaust and paper filters. Not Heffner pulley and tune. 18psi pulley and custom tune.

Don't keep us in suspense, who's tune made your car sing? :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Guys, check Dave's - Baron's remarks above. Everyone ignores it all the time.:bored :eek :bored

Interesting to compare Awsum's dyno pulls against mine, same dyno, similar weather, he has a Borla which seems to improve the horsepower by 4 or 5rwhp. Awsum had a Heffner pulley and tune and went with the Whipple as well so look at his before and after dyno charts.

ShaunaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
newfoundland canada
ShaunaGT

our gt made 497 hp on Jason's dyno after his pully and tune.

ShaunaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
newfoundland canada
ShaunaGT

make that 597,sorry Jason.