Will it look like a Mark IV ??

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Dave has included the GT 40 Mark IV that won Le Mans in 1967 in the header photo. Is that a clue or just a reference to the GT 40 history?? Multimatic built this De Macross GT1 a few years ago. It was based on our Ford GT and resembles the Mark IV.. What do you think of this.. ?? Any Multimatic insiders want to chime in?? :biggrin

Attachments

• de-macross-gt1-supercar-6.jpg
    de-macross-gt1-supercar-6.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
I hope that it looks like a Mark IV. Having a modern Mark IV and the 05/06 model sitting beside each other would look great in anyone's garage.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just a reference to GT history!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
The sleuthing of Stormcat will never stop Dave. Just give in!

Vince H

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't doubt it, but I'm not lyin! I just like that car and thought it looked nice in the header.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I don't doubt it, but I'm not lyin! I just like that car and thought it looked nice in the header.
Hey, hey, hey. No one's calling anyone a liar. I like it too. In fact, I like the whole retooling of the site. But Stormcat is building a case here and presenting evidence. That's all. :biggrin

Vince H

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What do you think of this.. ??

'Looks too much like a kit car to me...

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Wow I can't believe I've never seen that before... Not nearly as pretty as the GT though. I agree with Empty Pockets, looks like a kit car. But still very interesting theory.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Dave, can you pin down a date and time of the rollout yet? A countdown clock would be cool.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ford press day event is Monday January 12, 9:10 AM at Joe Louis Arena.

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
Wow I can't believe I've never seen that before... Not nearly as pretty as the GT though. I agree with Empty Pockets, looks like a kit car. But still very interesting theory.

+1

campbell53

Sep 28, 2007

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

I am curious and observant by nature.. Always asking and exploring.. This is the "2016+ FORD GT SPECULATION " section !!
This was not my favorite looking GT spin. I just remembered it from a few years ago... I saw some smoke and wanted to see if there was anything there.. I knew Dave would give us some vaguely honest feed back...:biggrin

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
By curious and observant StormCat means he's a pain in the ass. Believe me, I know!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Well.............if the above pic/rendering/photo actually is the new car..................:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

'Can't be...:frown

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
By curious and observant StormCat means he's a pain in the ass. Believe me, I know!

Wow !! if that ain't the Pot calling the kettle black..... :bored Do people say that any more or is the e better phrase...?? . You are delirious Your Speedo must be to Tight !! Ummmm..... Who got the Award !!...:biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Well.............if the above pic/rendering/photo actually is the new car..................:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

'Can't be...:frown

Why do care... You are not a Ford GT guy... Maybe you will like the C8.. !! . heheh ... :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
WE got the award. The judges new if you weren't named, you would cry and go home (or least stop using the kitty litter).

Cobraguy

GT Owner

Had to read that twice......the" by curious" part caught me off guard! ;-)

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
There sure is a good chance. I have a hunch Ford is returning in 2017, for 50Th Anniversary of the "ALL AMERICAN VICTORY" at Lemans in 67.