Who works on your FGT?

Who let's their local Ford tech work on their Ford GTs

• Total voters

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Alright, let's have a show of hands, where do you take your FGT to get serviced?

Reactions: texas mongrel

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I don't see the option for "I do 99% of the servicing work myself." Is that a valid option?

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Added!

I don't see the option for "I do 99% of the servicing work myself." Is that a valid option?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Mixed bag here. I do all of the yearly maintenance myself (oil changes, clutch fluid changes, etc), but every 5 years or so utilize Rich for some upgrades and deeper servicing. And I had my local Ford dealership handle the airbags, which they did in extremely competent fashion.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I do the "routine" stuff myself, but recently had Heffner go over the whole car.
Best,
Mark

Reactions: Ed Sims

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
M2K

Reactions: Ed Sims

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
It's interesting to see that most people choose NOT to let their Ford dealer service their Ford 😁

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
It does not fit in one of the categories, but my Dodge Viper mechanic from a local dodge dealership comes to my house and works on the GT. Been using him for many years .

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The beauty of the Ford GT is that it is, well, just a f*n Ford. While it might be considered an exotic, there is nothing exotic about it. Unlike, say Ferrari and Aston Martin and all the rest, where it takes 2 hours just to get the wrappers off the engine, the FGT engine and all the other stuff is right out there in front of God and everybody. Get the service manual on CD so you have torque specs and there isn't much different about it than the cars from the 60s and 70s.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Twin injectors, MAF, pollution control equipment, DOHC, SJB, ABS, ECU's, yup exactly like 50 years ago.

Kidding aside, I find the 05 nice to work on.

isn't much different about it than the cars from the 60s and 70s.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperNova

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Rich Brooks (I trust no other).

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I do some some work myself, and I let my local ford dealer, who has a GT qualified tech who services several of them, do oil and fluid changes. I like to get someone else's eyes on the car, so I don't miss things.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Yearly maintenance I do myself. Airbags dealer. Anything else it goes to Rich Brooks.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Please modify your title to indicate if you're sasking about the new GT or 05-06 GT?

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
But to answer for both my new GT is serviced at Sanderson Ford in Phoenix, AZ and their NFGT tech Brian Naylor is EXCELLENT!!!! My 2006 GT is usually serviced by Rich Brooks (GT Guy) in Michigan.

Chip

rnkma4

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2014
Santa Clarita
Kendall and Ryan at Cool Tech

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
actually one answer doesn't work. Current i would select three of the options.

Maybe multi choice if the poll allows.

I do some of the basic maintenance myself. I have let certain dealers do work, but it depends on the dealer..(both east and west coast).

Recently had to replace the transmission.. Car was towed to the local NFGT certified dealer.. Talking with the mechanic, his

statement of " I'm really only trained on the NFGT, I haven't done much with the 05/06" lead me to trailer the car to

"theGTGuy"Rich Brooks. If he had been certified earlier for airbags, I would have done them there also.

If I lived closer to Rich.. he would get all my business. :)

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
How do you vote on the survey? I have looked all over to find a way, no luck.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
For routine maintenance myself with my son, anything more than routine my only go to is Kendall and Ryan at Cool Tech.

FerrariSlayer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 3, 2014
Spring, TX
Mixed bag here. I do all of the yearly maintenance myself (oil changes, clutch fluid changes, etc), but every 5 years or so utilize Rich for some upgrades and deeper servicing. And I had my local Ford dealership handle the airbags, which they did in extremely competent fashion.

You were lucky.....I ended up with a scratch on the air bag cover.....