Who Is This? Running Around Corpus Christi This Morning?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Who was out running around Corpus Christi, Texas this morning with Michigan Dealer Plates?

Hiding from the northern winter?:tongue

Needing to run on good roads for a change?:eek

Rally IV scouting expedition?:bow

Who Is This?:shrug

Attachments

• IMG00039.jpg
    IMG00039.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 298

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Obviously someone with very questionable taste in FGT colors!:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wasn't me! I swear! Or do I? :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
DBK's plates read "GT FORUM." What the hell are you doing spying in Corpus Christi Fred?

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
COuld have been me this morning, EXCEPT, I don't have michigan plates, those wheels and I was 200 miles north east in Houston being stopped on Beltway 8 for 80 in a 65. One of Houston Police Dept's finest. I say finest because he let me go with a warning. But mine is White/Blue and it was a glorious day in Texas to be driving a GT.

Larry

ps = Spirit, I would sure like to meet you soon and buy your lunch being a new Gt owner here in Houston with a Condo on lake Travis!!!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Obviously someone with very questionable taste in FGT colors!:lol

All GT colors show excellent taste :thumbsup - of course those Heritage ones might be questionable. :lol

Wasn't me! I swear! Or do I? :biggrin

I never reveal information secured in a clandestine fashion. :secret:

DBK's plates read "GT FORUM." What the hell are you doing spying in Corpus Christi Fred?

TCB [TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS]:driving:

Dr. Frank, I had to warm up after a couple of days in the Detroit deep freeze. :biggrin Was sunny and close to 80 degrees at the coast yesterday.:cool Eat your heart out.:bang

COuld have been me this morning, EXCEPT, I don't have michigan plates, those wheels and I was 200 miles north east in Houston being stopped on Beltway 8 for 80 in a 65. One of Houston Police Dept's finest. I say finest because he let me go with a warning. But mine is White/Blue and it was a glorious day in Texas to be driving a GT.

Larry

ps = Spirit, I would sure like to meet you soon and buy your lunch being a new Gt owner here in Houston with a Condo on lake Travis!!!

Sounds like a plan :cheers - after my machine arrives back home, it will have to do some makeup time on the clock.:biggrin

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"I was 200 miles north east in Houston being stopped on Beltway 8 for 80 in a 65."

I can imagine that conversation:

"Well you see officer, I thought I was doing 65, but the speedometer is waaay over there and I didn't want to take my eyes off the road."

"80? Is that all?!:rofl

"Whatdyamean 65? Ain't this Montana and no speed limits?"

"Look officer, I just got this car and I don't think it will travel at less than 80 mph."

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
DJS

Close on all them! I was trying everything and anything. Conversation went.
Officer "Clocked you at 80"
Me "Really, It didn't feel like I was going that fast"
Officer "That wasn't as bad as the illegal lane changes with no turn signal"
Me "Sometimes I have noticed that these cars are so fast that when you put the blinker on you change lanes before they light up"
I got a hint of a smile on this one!!!!
Officer after seeing my insurance card "I see you have a 1966 Cobra also (replica) I would sure like to see that"
Me, Feeling frisky now "Well where will you be sitting later and I will come fly past you there!!"
Got a big smile on this one,
Officer "If I let you go without a ticket can you slow it down some"
Me, being stupid now! "These cars don't do slow very well!"
Truly he is laughing out loud now.
Officer " Well try, and be safe"

Honestly it happened, thank goodness he must have been a car nut! I think I might keep a record. This makes me Zero for 1.

75 degrees in Houston today and incredibly georgeous!! Yep, driving the GT and looking for reasons to roll.

Larry

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Thank God he wasn't a ball buster and wrote you for the speed, the lane change and just being there in the first place!

Years ago I was tearing around downstate Illinois in my '73 Pantera with my oldest brother. We were scouting pheasant hunting locations and driving on I-57 and I-55 at completely riduculous speeds. Later that morning, my brother and I drove in his 78 Galaxie with dogs and gear to hunt pheasants when my brother got pinched on a location on I-55 that we had traversed at the aforemention crazy speeds only a couple of hours before. When the officer approached my brother for his license, telling him of his 71 in a 55, my brother politely handed over his i.d. I casually mentioned to my brother that, thankfully the trooper wasn't there earlier, he laughed at the irony of it, which started both of us cracking up that we got stopped in a beater Ford at a casual 16 over, when @ 7 a.m we were nearly 100 over. Next thing the cop walks up and we're laughing like a couple of mental patients and he can't figure out what's so funny when he just wrote my brother for $75. My brother, trying to stop laughing, simply told the officer politely, "you wouldn't understand," and we were on our way.

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
You need to do a burnout in front of a cop to get the blood rushing. Right Spirit?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thank God he wasn't a ball buster and wrote you for the speed, the lane change and just being there in the first place!

Years ago I was tearing around downstate Illinois in my '73 Pantera with my oldest brother. We were scouting pheasant hunting locations and driving on I-57 and I-55 at completely riduculous speeds. Later that morning, my brother and I drove in his 78 Galaxie with dogs and gear to hunt pheasants when my brother got pinched on a location on I-55 that we had traversed at the aforemention crazy speeds only a couple of hours before. When the officer approached my brother for his license, telling him of his 71 in a 55, my brother politely handed over his i.d. I casually mentioned to my brother that, thankfully the trooper wasn't there earlier, he laughed at the irony of it, which started both of us cracking up that we got stopped in a beater Ford at a casual 16 over, when @ 7 a.m we were nearly 100 over. Next thing the cop walks up and we're laughing like a couple of mental patients and he can't figure out what's so funny when he just wrote my brother for $75. My brother, trying to stop laughing, simply told the officer politely, "you wouldn't understand," and we were on our way.

...CARma...:wink:biggrin

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
What I didn't mention was, Having the car 3 weeks I hadn't put the new tags on yet because I ordered special plates so thought I would wait. Dealer tag was out by three days. No front tag, (Never will be anyway). Did put on seatbelt once I saw the lights, I know I know stupid me, One advantage in the limited visibility out of the GT is the limited visibility in!!

Was that burn out in front of a Austin local or DPS. WOW

Larry

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
What I didn't mention was, Having the car 3 weeks I hadn't put the new tags on yet because I ordered special plates so thought I would wait. Dealer tag was out by three days. No front tag, (Never will be anyway). Did put on seatbelt once I saw the lights, I know I know stupid me, One advantage in the limited visibility out of the GT is the limited visibility in!!

Was that burn out in front of a Austin local or DPS. WOW

Larry

There is a bill being presented in the Texas legislature to suspend the requirement for a front license plate. Here is a link to information on it:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230817

You are very fortunate not getting a ticket, I always get the one with zero since of humor. Of course I might need to improve my material too.

John

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
John

I lucked out. I thought the brand new Valentine One radar detector (with box still on the pass. seat) might have been my downfall. But he seemed to enthralled with the car. I thought of asking to see the radar that he said showed 80, but, didn't. The Valentine never showed a rear facing bogey. I think he might have been making that part up. I was darting lanes tho!
Texas lottery ticket seems to be a smart buy this week. Maybe get lucky twice in one week!

Larry

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You need to do a burnout in front of a cop to get the blood rushing. Right Spirit?

I Know Nothing.:frown

Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil.:frown

All I will say is that some cops in Indiana are BIG !!:eek

Mrs. Spirt still wonders how Silverbullit & Spirt's Son did not spent the night in "The Grey Bar Hotel" that one fine spring evening.:willy

Must be that Texas charming mannerism.:bs

OilMaggott

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 19, 2005
That one belongs to Denny B., the only other FGT in Corpus Christi besides mine. Nice guy, lives on the Island. Talked to him on the phone a couple of times. :cheers