Whipple 23lb Stainless Works no cats Dyno!

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Let me start off by saying holly crap is my exhaust loud. Personally I like it, but it is not for every one maybe no one but me. When you hit the gas it will make any one close by jump a good twelve inches honestly. Cruising and idle not bad at all,Then with windows up it seems like a normal car with exhaust. Under boost it is insane.
I have only drove the car two times today as they are still working to finish up. I went 185 top of forth gear with no rear diffuser or clam shell. It is a beast. First gear destroys my usually sticky Hoosier daily tires.

OK here is where it gets complicated. My shop uses a Mustang dyno.The dyno maxes out at 180mph. My car can exceed that speed in forth gear now.
So not only does the dyno give very low horse power numbers it also will not let me finish all the way through my power band. I will go to a Dyno Jet asap the same one I used when the car was stock. As for now here are the numbers.
Mustang dyno Before:469.7 RWHP 443.4 RWTQ
Mustang dyno After: 668.5 RWHP 612.8 RWTQ
Dyno Jet Before:571.82 RWHP 517.42 RWTQ SAE, Kenne Bell 91 octane tune
Dyno Jet After: ? I will get ASAP
It seems obvious I will have gained over 200RWHP on the Dyno Jet.
I am going to the track this Friday night that will be the true test.
So far my best is 11.42 @ 129.78
New Mods: Whipple w/23lb pulley only makes 21lb because of no back pressure.,109 octane fuel, Stainless Works no cats,Spec clutch,Twin Boost a Pumps,Accufab T-Body,CCW Wheels w/ M&H Race Master drag radials and skinnys in the front. Between the exhaust and the tire and wheel combo I lost over 100lbs.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Let me start off by saying holly crap is my exhaust loud. Personally I like it, but it is not for every one maybe no one but me. When you hit the gas it will make any one close by jump a good twelve inches honestly. Cruising and idle not bad at all,Then with windows up it seems like a normal car with exhaust. Under boost it is insane.
I have only drove the car two times today as they are still working to finish up. I went 185 top of forth gear with no rear diffuser or clam shell. It is a beast. First gear destroys my usually sticky Hoosier daily tires.

OK here is where it gets complicated. My shop uses a Mustang dyno.The dyno maxes out at 180mph. My car can exceed that speed in forth gear now.
So not only does the dyno give very low horse power numbers it also will not let me finish all the way through my power band. I will go to a Dyno Jet asap the same one I used when the car was stock. As for now here are the numbers.
New Mods: Whipple w/23lb pulley only makes 21lb because of no back pressure.,109 octane fuel, Stainless Works no cats,Spec clutch,Twin Boost a Pumps,Accufab T-Body,CCW Wheels w/ M&H Race Master drag radials and skinnys in the front. Between the exhaust and the tire and wheel combo I lost over 100lbs.

Love it all,... do you have a before and after dyno to share. I can't wait to hear it. Right on!

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
If they update the software a Dyno Jet should be good for 200 mph.

Dave

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Love it all,... do you have a before and after dyno to share. I can't wait to hear it. Right on!

Hey Bony
I think when I get the Dyno Jet version They can email it to me. Then I can post it. Kurt

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
If they update the software a Dyno Jet should be good for 200 mph.

Dave

I know the post is kind of confusing but the new numbers are from a Mustang dyno.It maxes at 180 mph. I will have the Dyno Jet numbers ASAP. Kurt

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
I have a borla with long tube racing headers. I know exactly what you mean by loud. The sound at full throttle is apocolyptic. "i'm out there jerry and i'm lovin every minute of it".

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I know the post is kind of confusing but the new numbers are from a Mustang dyno.It maxes at 180 mph. I will have the Dyno Jet numbers ASAP. Kurt

did you have ADS in chandler do the work for you? Mike does the tuning on their mustang dyno?

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.

Kurt, glad your car is done. I'll be at the drags on Fri. I've got to see and hear this!:thumbsup

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Good numbers! Any pictures of the car on the M&Hs and skinnies?

Mar 15, 2006
wow, congrats! post a vid so we can hear the beast!

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Dam you have to be close to if not over 800rwhp! Good luck at the drags with your lost weight and your new power. Make sure to bring your camera to the drag strip!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...and a box of "Depends"...

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
did you have ADS in chandler do the work for you? Mike does the tuning on their mustang dyno?

Mike at ADS did my tune. 2 1/2 days on the dyno. My exhaust is flowing so fast and the boost comes on so hard and fast it was hard to get thing just right. But they did a great job. Thay dont take any chances with hurting your motor there.:thumbsup

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Good numbers! Any pictures of the car on the M&Hs and skinnies?

I will post some soon. I had CCW make the wheels all black.

632C2

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
Puyallup, WA
I am real anxious to hear what kind of et's and mph you run with your new combination. I plan on taking mine out to the strip within the next few months.

My GT made 774 rwhp and 708 rwtq with a Whipple and a 3.5" pulley. The boost averaged 19.93 psi. With the 3.25" pulley it made 795 rwhp and 752 rwtq while averaging 22.9 psi. This is with the stock exhaust manifolds, cats, and an Accufab 'X' pipe.

I like that you have added the twin Boost a Pumps and the Spec clutch.:cheers :cheers

Steve

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
I will post some soon. I had CCW make the wheels all black.

Your cars gonna look sick, cant wait to see it!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
are you keeping your stock parts??? how will you store them

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
are you keeping your stock parts??? how will you store them

I am keeping all the stock parts. Put the exhaust in the box the new stuff came in same deal with the blower. All parts are inside climate control.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Any video footage?